Photo sharing: Fuji X Series

Do you guys shoot raw? If so what software are you using for your conversion. I've got the demo for Iridient and the results seem a bit sharper than LR. The JPEGs this thing delivers are pretty good.

I use LR.....but I'm not a pixel peeper. I've tried the trial version of CP1 but I'm just used to LR.

i-xnjFP3H-L.jpg

dmaxphil.....I see you picked up the A7II. How do you feel about the Fuji vs Sony? I've tried the A7/II a few times but just never thought it was "that much better than the Fuji in terms of IQ/noise. I find the noise more pleasant on the XTrans. I've owned the A7II twice and ended up selling both.

dmaxphil.....I see you picked up the A7II. How do you feel about the Fuji vs Sony? I've tried the A7/II a few times but just never thought it was "that much better than the Fuji in terms of IQ/noise. I find the noise more pleasant on the XTrans. I've owned the A7II twice and ended up selling both.

I also find noise levels (or maybe appearance of noise) at similar ISO/lighting conditions much better on the Fuji. I find the AF system superior on the Fuji as well. Not necessarily speed, but accuracy is dead-on accurate on the Fuji. Sometimes the Sony will miss focus on a non moving subject with a green focus indicator telling me otherwise. Subject tracking on the Fuji seems to produce better results than the Sony. I just have the one Sony lens - the 55mm but am heavily invested in my Fuji setup. I currently own the 10-24, 18, 18-55, 23, 27, 35, 56, 55-200 and 50-140. Shooting on the Fuji is more enjoyable with the manual dials. Fuji also seems to work better with my flash trigger system than the Sony. I'm also a big fan of the Classic Chrome preset. The Fuji cameras are sexier :) More people comment on the Fujis than any of my other gear.

Having said all that... When conditions are perfect, and I absolutely nail focus will the A7II, it renders unbelievably sharp images compared to the Fuji. Almost too sharp. I also like shooting raw from ISO 50 all the way up to 25,600. Fuji obviously limits you in that area. I don't take much if any video, but if I needed too, I would likely use the Sony.

Just debating now on what Sony lens to get next. Considering a do everything type like the 24-240 or maybe the 85.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter