Photo sharing: Fuji X Series

Decided to post a follow up. Recently got a Nikon Df and decided to see if there were any high ISO differences between this and my Fuji. My Fuji system has performed remarkably well in this area with arguably better noise handling capabilities than my old D700 and the A7II. Here are some 100% crops at ISO 6400. I'm showing the original files and the ones where I lifted shadows 100%. On those where I lifted shadows, I ran through the same noise reduction settings. Both files looked pretty good before lifting shadows fyi.

X-T1 Original
i-ZNPGz4k.jpg

Df Original
i-btH4fvm.jpg

X-T1 Shadows lifted, noise reduction applied.
i-bzhwtxG.jpg

Df Shadows lifted, noise reduction applied.
i-JfMs6pL.jpg

Another thread resurrection - any more of us out there? I'm a big fan of the Fuji X system, for Disney and for photography in general. The compact size, sensor quality and lens quality are all factors, but a big one for me is the user interface: having dedicated physical knobs/rings for shutter speed, aperture, exposure compensation, and (on higher end models) ISO is just a better fit for how my brain works.

I've found the 18-55mm lens to be a great fit for the parks - compact, with a versatile range, and reasonably fast (f/2.8 wide open). I toss in the 55-200mm for Animal Kingdom. It's a much more compact kit than what I used to carry around in my Canon days. This was on the Wild Africa Trek:

20170711-122851-DisneyAfrica.jpg by Jamie, on Flickr

The Rokinon/Samyang 12mm f/2 is a fun ultrawide addition to the kit - it's all manual, but it's only about $300 and delivers great images if you don't mind focusing manually. (Manual focus isn't bad, as the electronic viewfinder enables aids like magnification and focus peaking). This shot shows off the depth of field you can get with a lens this wide. This lens doesn't report the actual aperture, but this was probably around f/11.

20170712-202809-DisneyMK_HDR.jpg by Jamie, on Flickr

Those were with the X-T10; I've since upgraded to the X-T2, and look forward to using it on my next Disney adventure.

Another thread resurrection - any more of us out there?

Just upgraded to the x-t2 too and can’t wait to take it into the parks. Don’t have any x-t10 files from our last trip on my iPad, but I’ll try to get back here and post a couple soon. I also shoot canon 5dmarkiii and have really been loving the form factor on the Fuji!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!