Photo pass "must take" shots

Bronxgirl

Mouseketeer
We're getting MM for the first time this trip so I want to make sure I take advantage of it. Does anyone have any suggestions of specific shots to be sure we get? DD has a PPO apt for BBB so hopefully we can get some castle shots before the crowds come and we'll do the photo shoot at Castle Couture. She'll also be doing Pirates league and I think they have a specific photo shoot. What else should we make sure we get? thanks!

the photographers tend to be in the best spots so just keep an eye out and enjoy them all. you can see what they are pointed at when you pass them and if you want that.

In December 2015 we got a video magic shot with Woody and Jesse dancing at the exit from BTMRR (MK). In December 2016 we got the same one near the restrooms next to Toy Story Midway Mania (DHS). If there's a photographer at the Haunted Mansion exit, they can usually do magic shots with the hitchhiking ghosts.

We're getting MM for the first time this trip so I want to make sure I take advantage of it. Does anyone have any suggestions of specific shots to be sure we get? DD has a PPO apt for BBB so hopefully we can get some castle shots before the crowds come and we'll do the photo shoot at Castle Couture. She'll also be doing Pirates league and I think they have a specific photo shoot. What else should we make sure we get? thanks!

I do photopass completely different than I do attractions. For attractions we got for quality over quantity. For my pictures, we take as many we as we can. It's a very small time investment and you never know when you get the perfect picture.

Most of my favorite pics were unplanned (some photopass and some with our camera) but were they nowhere close to the only pics. If I don't have 300+ photopass pics on my memory maker when we get home, something went wrong, lol

10540548_741051205983573_7693450412159402694_n.jpg

10390968_741046415984052_3570033292293962082_n.jpg

13335800_1030878713667486_4559934524497034498_n.jpg

13265832_1026677100754314_8570504427541606207_n.jpg

183647_343701475718550_1988251073_n.jpg

WOW - those sure are some awesome pics!!

I agree...take as many as possible. You won't know until much later which ones actually came out. I usually take at least 10 Castle pics and 2-4 pics in front of all the other park icons in the hopes of one good pic of each icon. One time I was determined to get a good shot in the Typhoon Lagoon wave pool. We did it with 3-4 different photographers and ended up with one amazing shot. Also the magic shots are fun (I'm a bit jaded now though)

For my upcoming trip, I plan to hit a few photobooths. Somehow I always forget that they are a part of MM.

I was going to mention Animal Kingdom as well...we've gotten some beautiful Photopass pictures over the years on the side trails, like, I think between Asia and Africa and such, with the Tree of Life behind us. And there's usually not much of a line or anything. The ones in front of the Tree coming in from the Oasis are great too, but we've really gotten some nice ones from the other sides, plus the Tree looks closer and there's never anyone else in the picture, just the Tree! And sometimes Simba if they do a magic shot, which are adorable! I hope I'm making sense!

:simba:

WOW - those sure are some awesome pics!!

I agree...take as many as possible. You won't know until much later which ones actually came out. I usually take at least 10 Castle pics and 2-4 pics in front of all the other park icons in the hopes of one good pic of each icon. One time I was determined to get a good shot in the Typhoon Lagoon wave pool. We did it with 3-4 different photographers and ended up with one amazing shot. Also the magic shots are fun (I'm a bit jaded now though)

For my upcoming trip, I plan to hit a few photobooths. Somehow I always forget that they are a part of MM.

May I ask what photo booths? Where are they located?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter