Woman arrested in The Grand Floridian

stpetedisneydad

Mouseketeer
at Disney World. That's right according to Fox News, information just in says she faked abduction, had cleaned out bank accounts to the tune of over $300,000 and flew to WDW with her young daughter. Now that's someone who loves the mouse.:worship:

Figures, right? :rolleyes1
Anybody remember several years ago when a parental abduction turned into a hostage situation at the Boardwalk Inn? Divorced dad and young son. Nobody was harmed, fortunately.

It will be interesting to hear her story huh? :rolleyes1

I can't figure out why she left her other 2 kids (one only 8 months) and just took the 9 year old with her. (Mom liked me best, she took me on the lam with her!) And as far as cleaning out her bank account, hmmm, now it sounds like it was actually the place she worked for $$$ :eek:

Sources close to the investigation have confirmed to blinkoncrime that Sweeten has a prior arrest record, and has recently been accused of embezzling over $300,000 through her work at The Carltiz Foundation, located in New Hope, PA. Sweeten was the asisstant to the founder.

I just read the article on Fox News and it doesn't say anything about Disney World. It says the papers are reporting that the plane they took went to Orlando, but the airline says it went to Tampa. Did I miss something? Either way, it's a sad story. I saw the ex-husband on the Today show this morning and he was really choked up.

Sweeten was the asisstant to the founder.[/I]

Oh, that's her name?
I heard it on the news and I thought they were saying "Sweden", like the country.
I thought, "that's an odd name."
Nevermind. ;)

It will be interesting to hear her story huh? :rolleyes1

I can't figure out why she left her other 2 kids (one only 8 months) and just took the 9 year old with her. (Mom liked me best, she took me on the lam with her!) And as far as cleaning out her bank account, hmmm, now it sounds like it was actually the place she worked for $$$ :eek:

Sources close to the investigation have confirmed to blinkoncrime that Sweeten has a prior arrest record, and has recently been accused of embezzling over $300,000 through her work at The Carltiz Foundation, located in New Hope, PA. Sweeten was the asisstant to the founder.

:scared1: That poor father of the girl to be worried she was taken. What a sick mom. I hope they charge her for the police search.

And I can't even image what her current husband thinks about this!

I just read the article on Fox News and it doesn't say anything about Disney World. It says the papers are reporting that the plane they took went to Orlando, but the airline says it went to Tampa. Did I miss something? Either way, it's a sad story. I saw the ex-husband on the Today show this morning and he was really choked up.

I just saw it scrolling across CNN and they said Disney World.

I see it being reported here now too:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=7688217&page=1

Since this thread is only vaguely theme park related, I've moved it to the Theme Parks Community board. :)

I had just read about the "abduction," in a PA paper here, and thought it was horrible. I had not hear about them being found. Supposedly she has other children, including a baby. Unbelievable.

I had not heard she was found but it sounded strange from the beginning. She sure knew where to go! :rotfl:

Well, if I stole $300,000 from someone, I think I would stay club level at the GF...for a month. ::yes::

My Mom's been saying all day that the story smelled fishy. I feel kind of bad for the little girl, I'm sure she had no idea what was going on and now she doesn't get to go to Disney...how sad!

I just heard on NBC10 that they picked her up at WDW...I didn't know she was staying at the GF!

I know that intersection where this 'happened' and it is very busy. It's just sad... I hope the mom gets the help she needs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter