Pfizer vaccine authorized for 12-15yo in US

where? I can't make an appointment anywhere...They have not updated the criteria yet on places where you can make appointments
Some of the CT sites have already updated for 12 + . Due to legal issues walmart can't vaccinate under 18 I don't know if other retailers walgreen,cvs and the like have the same rules.

Lots of registration opening up for 12-15 yr olds in 2 days across AZ!
https://www.abc15.com/news/vaccine-...in-youth-coronavirus-vaccinations-on-thursday
Right now I only see appointments at POD for next week either Wednesday or Thursday, but my older son has his 2nd appointment this coming weekend so their dad will take younger son with them and see if they might do his first one there. We prefer to do it on a weekend so they don't miss school due to side effects (maybe). That would be nice!

Right now I only see appointments at POD for next week either Wednesday or Thursday, but my older son has his 2nd appointment this coming weekend so their dad will take younger son with them and see if they might do his first one there. We prefer to do it on a weekend so they don't miss school due to side effects (maybe). That would be nice!
Good luck!

I'm in MA...I was able to pre-register my 14YO daughter for the VaccineSignUp site but that only registers you for the "Mass vaccination and regional collaborative sites" and I think there's only like seven of them, none of which are close by. I can't book an appointment yet for any of the smaller sites or pharmacies yet. I'm guessing they're waiting for CDC guidance, since those sites say check back soon. The governor gives an update almost every day so I'm guessing by the end of the week they will open up...

Sites in my state all have the notice that 12-15 can be vaccinated, but none will actually allow for appts until the CDC announcement comes today. I'll be stalking the sites this afternoon because timing is tight for us (end of the school year stuff - finals, promotions, etc & a vacation), but at the least they all said they'll be ready to book appts tomorrow.

FYI for fellow MA peeps: you can sign your 12-15 kids up right now at Lowell General, if that is close by. My two teens are getting vaccinated Saturday, yeah!
I'm in MA...I was able to pre-register my 14YO daughter for the VaccineSignUp site but that only registers you for the "Mass vaccination and regional collaborative sites" and I think there's only like seven of them, none of which are close by. I can't book an appointment yet for any of the smaller sites or pharmacies yet. I'm guessing they're waiting for CDC guidance, since those sites say check back soon. The governor gives an update almost every day so I'm guessing by the end of the week they will open up...

One of the Hospitals around here let me pre register last week for 12-15 year olds. I got an email today that let me schedule DD 15 appointment for tomarrow. We are so glad. She has a long dance rehearsal this Saturday and then an even longer dance performance next Saturday. This will at least start some immunitions.

And yes she still is wearing a mask for all dance except the outside performance of one dance that’s being taped.

FYI for fellow MA peeps: you can sign your 12-15 kids up right now at Lowell General, if that is close by. My two teens are getting vaccinated Saturday, yeah!

H! :wave: Yes, I saw that, thanks! That's great you have appointments for your daughters already! Lowell is about an hour away, I'd say. One of my daughter's dance friends is already signed up there for Thursday. Their recital is over the weekend, however, so I'm hoping for something next week just in case she has any fatigue. I'm kind of annoyed - My children's pediatrician office has been an adult vaccine site and therefore I could not book my 16YO son there, however at some point they must have added availability for children. So now their website says they are authorized for 12+ and there's a link but it says no appointments available. The annoying part is that I was there Monday for my son's physical and I asked about the pediatrician his recommendation for my daughter, and he said definitely recommended it, but he didn't mention that they were now providing vaccinations for 12+ - d'oh! I wish I had a head's up so I could have stalked their site. I think if I can't get that for next week, I should be able to get one of the nearby Walgreens...Hope things go well on Saturday!

H! :wave: Yes, I saw that, thanks! That's great you have appointments for your daughters already! Lowell is about an hour away, I'd say. One of my daughter's dance friends is already signed up there for Thursday. Their recital is over the weekend, however, so I'm hoping for something next week just in case she has any fatigue. I'm kind of annoyed - My children's pediatrician office has been an adult vaccine site and therefore I could not book my 16YO son there, however at some point they must have added availability for children. So now their website says they are authorized for 12+ and there's a link but it says no appointments available. The annoying part is that I was there Monday for my son's physical and I asked about the pediatrician his recommendation for my daughter, and he said definitely recommended it, but he didn't mention that they were now providing vaccinations for 12+ - d'oh! I wish I had a head's up so I could have stalked their site. I think if I can't get that for next week, I should be able to get one of the nearby Walgreens...Hope things go well on Saturday!
Goodluck an appointment soon 😊

Has anyone heard anything about pharmacy chains like CVS or Walmart updating their rules yet? It looks like my county isn't going to be starting 12 to 15 vaccination at the county-run sites immediately (after saying they would) because they'd shifted to administering the J&J vaccine almost exclusively in the wake of falling demand. They're only giving Pfizer now as second doses for those who have already had their first, so they're going to have to go through whatever process is involved in shifting the balance of which vaccines they're getting from the state before they can open up to 12-15. But if I want to get DD12 vaccinated before our summer travels, I'm on a bit of a clock so I don't want to wait however long it will take for them to get rolling if I don't have to.

Has anyone heard anything about pharmacy chains like CVS or Walmart updating their rules yet? It looks like my county isn't going to be starting 12 to 15 vaccination at the county-run sites immediately (after saying they would) because they'd shifted to administering the J&J vaccine almost exclusively in the wake of falling demand. They're only giving Pfizer now as second doses for those who have already had their first, so they're going to have to go through whatever process is involved in shifting the balance of which vaccines they're getting from the state before they can open up to 12-15. But if I want to get DD12 vaccinated before our summer travels, I'm on a bit of a clock so I don't want to wait however long it will take for them to get rolling if I don't have to.
You have to check your state and there store policys CT walmarts cant vaccine anyone under 18 with no intent to change it.

You have to check your state and there store policys CT walmarts cant vaccine anyone under 18 with no intent to change it.

That's interesting. In MI, both Walmart and CVS (who have the easiest search tools; I haven't looked at Rite Aid or Walgreens) have been doing 16+ ever since they became eligible under the state phases, so I just assume they'll expand to 12-15 when that is added. I hope so, at least.

The CVS website has a banner on it that basically says they’re waiting for CDC approval and to check back frequently. This moment, they’re still only doing 16+.

Sites in my state all have the notice that 12-15 can be vaccinated, but none will actually allow for appts until the CDC announcement comes today. I'll be stalking the sites this afternoon because timing is tight for us (end of the school year stuff - finals, promotions, etc & a vacation), but at the least they all said they'll be ready to book appts tomorrow.

Same-- I bookmarked the page, and check several times a day for my 15YO DD--- I heard MIGHT have some news tmw

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter