Pet adoption...

Anyone know how much Schnauzer's bark? I work remote so it has to be pretty quiet. Our Shih Tzu is so spoiled she doesn't make a peep as long as she's with me.

Well, we have two miniature schnauzers so that's my vote. They can be barky, but my husband also works from home....but he's up on the third floor and so it doesn't affect him. We don't let them have run off the whole downstairs when he's working, so they can't see people walking down the street. Still, if a squirrel is running along the back fence, they will bark. Same if they see my next door neighbor's dog. But, they're awesome little dogs.

Thank you and your family with all my heart for wanting to open your hearts and homes to a rescue, dear Eksmama. I am a dog person 100%. Cats are God's creatures, too that of course I wish love and happy lives upon! That said, my vote is absolutely :dogdance:

Team cat! Dogs are too happy and I’m a sourpuss all the way. :P

I will say though that Petfinder is awful. We kept getting the same cat recommendation for weeks after the shelter told us she’d been adopted.

I would take the cat in a heartbeat! We're 100% cat people, though--except DD20, who loves dogs. Our current dog will always be our only dog.

One of cats was "Vivian" when we adopted her. She's now Butterscotch.

All of our cats are rescues of some sort. The most extra is Florence, the dilute calico ragdoll who showed up in our front yard as a tiny kitten during, well, Hurricane Florence. She knows she's a rare beauty, the rest of us are just Uggos.

Schnauzer bark a LOT. Especially if they can see out of windows.
You're not lying. This morning when I was taking a shower something got one of them started into.....a full howling chorus. They even convinced the Airedale to join them....I can tell the difference, she has a deeper voice. :rotfl2:

Terriers bark. I had a West Highland White Terrier (as well as a cat), neighbors had a miniature Schnauzer, and another a Bischon during my work at home years. All barked at times. Only one person ever remarked about it, so that probably isn't really a problem.
If I had to pick just one pet, it would be a cat because a dog sometimes needs to go outside (although, I did have a pee pad corner in the basement for "emergencies", especially as she aged).

Definitely meet before you adopt. My last 2 furbabies are from a large shelter with over 200 cats/kittens there, plus more in foster care. They pay for a vet visit during the first 30 days if necessary, allow you to "trade" once during the first 14 days if it isn't working (although it took a few months for one of the two to decide that I was okay, she's the lapcat now, but if you were really having problems....).
I have been adopting 5yo and older for at least 20 years, they have more troubles finding homes. A good shelter will match you with pets to better fit your household. I met 10 and adopted 2 of them after my last pet died at 15yo. from cancer. I definitely "clicked" with one right away, total disinterest from a few (nap time in one case, how DARE I), the 2nd was interested and cautiously friendly.

Enjoy your new furbaby!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter