PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

Can you modify your order once its in? A week or more away is so long that I can see needing other items in the mean time.
Most definitely!! I set up our order Thurs night to pick up this coming Tues and have added/changed it more than 20 times since then!

Our pickup is between 4pm and 5pm Tuesday and I think I have until Tuesday AM if not noon to make changes.

Those looking to online grocery shop....you might have to forget about it. I just heard from a friend who has a very serious health condition that she tried to get either a pick up or delivery from her RCSS and discovered that there are no openings for the next 16 days. I also saw an article that said Grocery Gateway in now full for the next 2 weeks.
I just went to do an online order, and you can check different stores by changing the previously used store. I saw that most of my relatively close No Frills were next Thursday/Friday/Monday. One had a Tuesday pickup, but we need milk earlier than that, so I'll have DD pick that up tomorrow.

Those looking to online grocery shop....you might have to forget about it. I just heard from a friend who has a very serious health condition that she tried to get either a pick up or delivery from her RCSS and discovered that there are no openings for the next 16 days. I also saw an article that said Grocery Gateway in now full for the next 2 weeks.

I’m seeing this also for my local stores, no delivery time slot open for the next 2 weeks, pickup is slightly better, by a few days.

Does anyone know how much in advance the personal shopper actually goes to fill the order? Thinking things might sell out before my time slot even comes up.

I’m seeing this also for my local stores, no delivery time slot open for the next 2 weeks, pickup is slightly better, by a few days.

Does anyone know how much in advance the personal shopper actually goes to fill the order? Thinking things might sell out before my time slot even comes up.
They fill the order just hours before pickup. You can make changes to your order until close to pickup.

They will advise you when it’s ready and what they could not put in your order. I anticipate getting 59-75% of my order.

My friend picked hers up today and got about 75% of her order. No pasta, beans, soup, frozen fries of frozen veggies. Each store and day will be different though.

If the trucks can still deliver I’m hoping those percentages go up as less people are shopping these days.

I’ll report back how my pick-up goes Tues.

They fill the order just hours before pickup. You can make changes to your order until close to pickup.

They will advise you when it’s ready and what they could not put in your order. I anticipate getting 59-75% of my order.

My friend picked hers up today and got about 75% of her order. No pasta, beans, soup, frozen fries of frozen veggies. Each store and day will be different though.

If the trucks can still deliver I’m hoping those percentages go up as less people are shopping these days.

I’ll report back how my pick-up goes Tues.
I just asked DD about when they pick orders and about making changes. She said in the past the orders where done anytime up to one hour prior to pick up. It would be based on staffing. They would check the order at the one hour mark for additions and go pick those. Now....she said it's all over the place. They are swamped at all stores and can't handle what they are receiving. They are pulling staff from any area that they can to pick orders. This is one of the reasons that they have closed off the second store entrances for parking completed orders. Those lobby areas have been totally cleared out and they are storing completed orders there. With regard to additions to your order....she laughed and said good luck. She said you can add on but most likely they don't have time to even look and will just tell you that they are out of stock.

Another problem they have been dealing with is instore customers taking things out of the carts that they use to pick/store orders.

I was considering the pick up or delivery but the times are just so far away. Plus I really prefer Sobeys or Metro to the Independent which seems to be the only place I can do the pick up. I just can't imagine them having everything I want. I will probably go Wednesday or Thursday to the store and stay as far from people as possible, and be quick. But at least then I can substitute for the things I would take instead. I have used Walmarts pick up service in the past, but even they have no pick up times for at least a week or more. And also no guarantee of things being in stock. Crazy times we are living through!

Thanks for your replies. I was hoping to place an order so I can lessen the time spent in store, I do have to go in to buy fruits and veggies we are running out. I am trying to figure out the best time and day to go do my shop. I might need to go to multiple stores if I can’t find what I need. Getting a bit anxious about grocery shopping, I hate to admit.

I was considering the pick up or delivery but the times are just so far away. Plus I really prefer Sobeys or Metro to the Independent which seems to be the only place I can do the pick up. I just can't imagine them having everything I want. I will probably go Wednesday or Thursday to the store and stay as far from people as possible, and be quick. But at least then I can substitute for the things I would take instead. I have used Walmarts pick up service in the past, but even they have no pick up times for at least a week or more. And also no guarantee of things being in stock. Crazy times we are living through!

We have grocery pick-up available for IGA (Sobeys), Walmart, Provigo (Loblaws), Maxi (No frills ?!?) and Metro (by calling). I'm surprised you don't have more choices. We are still doing our own grocery shopping but only once a week and the kids stay home. It's no longer a family outing! lol.

I will soon need to replace my re-usable bags. I now wash them in the washing machine after each visit to the grocery store (max once a week) and some are starting to show some tear.

We have grocery pick-up available for IGA (Sobeys), Walmart, Provigo (Loblaws), Maxi (No frills ?!?) and Metro (by calling). I'm surprised you don't have more choices. We are still doing our own grocery shopping but only once a week and the kids stay home. It's no longer a family outing! lol.

Walmart and Independent seems to be the only pick up options, I think I can use instacart for Loblaws, Walmart, M&M or Independent. Metro doesn't have it here, when I put in my postal code it gives me Brampton as local (I'm in Ottawa). I think I can instacart at Shoppers as well but can't see doing so right now. I have enough food in the freezer and bought some fresh stuff last time I was in the store (a week ago lol). We'll live on frozen veggies for a bit :) Kiddo isn't happy about that, he loves his raw veggies, but he'll survive! Without scurvy lol.

I haven't been taking my son to do groceries since he started adding multiple containers of ice cream and chips to the cart... Much better to go without him ;)

I will soon need to replace my re-usable bags. I now wash them in the washing machine after each visit to the grocery store (max once a week) and some are starting to show some tear.
Now in the past if it was a Sobeys brand bag, and needed replacing, they did that for free. Loblaws no.
Also remember, if it is a week or two between shopping, the virus wont last that long on the bags. Ours are and have always just hung in the garage.

Now in the past if it was a Sobeys brand bag, and needed replacing, they did that for free. Loblaws no.
Also remember, if it is a week or two between shopping, the virus wont last that long on the bags. Ours are and have always just hung in the garage.

My bags are mostly from IGA (Sobeys). I'll check with them when the current situation is back to normal. Thanks for the tip! I never thought of leaving them in the garage. I guess I could do that instead of keeping them in my entrance closet or in the car trunk. At least now I know they are clean, inside and outside since we often forget (me included) to wash them regularly and can be pretty gross. I also wash my re-usable mesh bags used for unpackaged fruits and veggies but those are meant to be washed often so all is good and right now we are trying to buy pre-packaged produce anyway so we are using them less.

Would it be easier to spray them with disinfectant Lysol spray or alcohol? I usually just wiped them down with Lysol or Clorox wipes.

Most of my bags are from Sobeys. I will check if they can replace some of the really worn ones for free.That’s great to know.

with all the stories about how busy the pickup and delivery options are, i think i’m just going to do my own shopping somewhere that doesn’t offer that service.

hopefully a smaller grocery store without delivery will be less busy? i might also have to go to costco this week.

grocery shopping used to be one of my favourite chores, now i dread it.

I know that my sister was talking about using the click and collect. I asked her if she had checked it lately. Of course she said no. I was like...you better have a plan B. Most people who place those orders don't get much of what they order. And she lives on fruit loops, pasta, rice and chicken breasts lol. I said, for what you need, your better off getting up early and actually going to the store to get what you want - especially if you want pasta ;)

The hubby and I went out shopping yesterday. We were able to stock up on everything that we needed. We are both still working, so the weekend is the only time we can get out. Doing the click and collect is just not an option, right now for us. With 4 people ( 2 are hungry teenage boys/men ) I really want to get the items I want and can figure out my own substitutes. We also didn't go Saturday, as we knew that it was a pay weekend for those with family allowance and some other social assistance programs ( I think anyways ).

We hit Costco...they were limiting the number of people in the store, but we were in and out in under 30 minutes. It was GREAT!!!! They had a great selection of meats, frozen and basically everything we needed. We were even able to score some toilet paper. But they did have a person watching and limiting everyone to one package. I'm pretty sure the 40 rolls of the 4 of us will last us a couple of months.

We then went to superstore. I sighed thinking it was going to be a zoo. But it was not busy at all. A very good selection of almost everything except for pasta, canned veggies, and of course toilet paper. The baking isle was not full either. BUT, I did score a jar of bread machine yeast which I was on the hunt for. I found it in the cat food section. Someone must have ditched it there...so I scooped that up quickly. As I didn't have much left at home. I was going to buy a lottery ticket because I found that one item :lmao: Now to hopefully get another bag of flour. I really like the no name all purpose flour, so I'll check a couple of mornings on my way to work ( as I drive right by our NO frills ) and be a few minutes late.

But now we really should be set for at least 3-4 weeks with that we have now, if I can whip up some fresh bread, buns and a few tasty treats as well. I used to shop like that all time, but the last few years have been, do some meal planning, then buy for what you plan...and that's it. But now I will HAVE to cook lol. I"m going to get the youngest to help and learn as he was in foods this semester...so Momma will be showing him how to cook more than Mr Noodle, soup or grilled cheese lol!

I looked to see about doing the pick up for my groceries at my local Fortinos but the first available slot was Saturday, so I went to the store this morning. I have a compromised immune system so was able to take advantage of the early open hours. They had an employee at the door with wipes and asked if you wanted a small cart or large cart. She also requested that you respect social distancing. Since this is the store we always shop at, I had created my list based on the flow of the store so that helped in not having to back track through the store. The store was not busy, which was nice. There were many items that were limited (chicken breasts, ground beef, toilet paper, bread products and eggs - there might have been more but that is what I saw). I was able to get everything on my list except pancake mix. They had every other check out open and taped lines on the floor on where to stand. They requested that you pack your own groceries but they did provide the bags. All in all, I felt it was very organized and I was in and out in 45 minutes.

Newbie questions,,

Can offers which say expire in 3 days be saved for another time?
If so how do you do that.

Can food items be purchased at No Frills & Loblaws & Shoppers?

Thanks
Hugs
Mel

Newbie questions,,

Thanks
Hugs
Mel

Yes and yes. Some offers cannot be saved for the next week like the offer for milk at Shoppers but most can. Up to 4 per week can be saved. The best bang for your buck is to use an offer at Shoppers during the 20X.

Newbie questions,,

Thanks
Hugs
Mel
To save an offer, on the app swipe it to the left and select 'save my offer'. Note, once you save it you cannot change your mind and unsave it.

On a funny note, I'm collecting grocery orders for 4 families + ours and the current bill is around $700. I just checked my current offers and believe if I get everything (which I know I won't for sure!) I will earn a whopping 2500 points! :rotfl2:

I did decide this morning though that I am going to put 2 $20 bills in the back hatch of my car. One with a note saying it's for the person delivering it to our car and ask them to give the second one to the person who picked our order. Hope they're able to accept this as I appreciate what they're doing for us SOOO much!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter