PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

Wednesday, save those offers!!

Also, on the PC Express, I have a friend who lives on Vancouver Island and she was hired by email to work, didn't even have to do an interview. They sent her an email stating what she was to wear, what her hours would be, what she was going to be paid (regular salary plus $2 per hour). This is for Superstore I think. She starts Saturday. She told me they were hiring lots of people and weren't being picky at the moment. Hopefully that doesn't backfire and mean a ton of mistaken picks.

Wednesday, save those offers!!

Also, on the PC Express, I have a friend who lives on Vancouver Island and she was hired by email to work, didn't even have to do an interview. They sent her an email stating what she was to wear, what her hours would be, what she was going to be paid (regular salary plus $2 per hour). This is for Superstore I think. She starts Saturday. She told me they were hiring lots of people and weren't being picky at the moment. Hopefully that doesn't backfire and mean a ton of mistaken picks.
There has always been an online process for hiring. There is a questionnaire and if a person scores appropriately they move on to the next phase which is a phone interview or an in person interview. Whether it be phone or in person is up to the HR person. The next phase in a group interview that is also a pre-orientation.

Your friend should have had a phone call. I'm not surprised that she was told what to wear and when to report for work. Orientations can't happen right now. So I guess it's going to be trial by fire. It doesn't sound like they are terribly concerned about temp staff right now....most will only be temp. Also, everyone signs a contract and the store has an easy out that they are very quick to exercise.

back to having only 11 offers this week and when I ignore the 2 related to points from shoppers and the one offer I saved not one single item is something I've ever bought 😖 I went to shoppers yesterday to get a couple of scripts and chose to wait until today for the few items I wanted to get from zehrs so I could use my offers since they've been fairly decent lately. Urgh, now I still need to go to the store, get no points and it's going to rain most of today and tomorrow. end of my whiny rant

It really is hard to understand how they do their 'targeted' offers. Like you @Donald - my hero, some weeks are great and others not so much. This week I have 21 offers, 16 of which are items I buy on a regular basis. :) This would be great except my online order pickup isn't for another 10 days so that majority of these will expire except for the 4 I choose to save once I've finalized my online order.

Oh well, thankful for the points I do receive and it's fun watching my points go up and up as I'm not able to spend them right now. Thankful to have been shown by someone here how to lock my points so that hopefully they don't disappear!

I have 18 offers. Except for a few they are all things I have bought in the past and will purchase in the future. Maybe it's the more you shop there the more the algorithm matches your needs? I don't know but most weeks I get good offers and plenty of them. Note I said most weeks, there have been exceptions to that rule.
Also they do throw a few extras in the mix mid week some times so keep your eye open for those. Check in again every once in a while.

What has been mind-boggling for us is that for the second time this month, they gave us a threshold offer at a store chain I don't shop at, Maxi. We always do our grocery shopping at Provigo because they have much better produce and organic sections (DH is almost vegan and prefers to pay more for better quality and variety). First time was 30K/300$ and we didn't use it. We did spend over 300$ on grocery that week, but at Provigo so didn't received the points. Then this week we get 35K/350$ again at Maxi. No thank you. We often spend more than 300$ but never over 350$ per week in grocery! Even less at Maxi!

I have 18 offers. Except for a few they are all things I have bought in the past and will purchase in the future. Maybe it's the more you shop there the more the algorithm matches your needs? I don't know but most weeks I get good offers and plenty of them. Note I said most weeks, there have been exceptions to that rule.
Also they do throw a few extras in the mix mid week some times so keep your eye open for those. Check in again every once in a while.
I've been in at least once a week since this new world started up - zehrs for hubby's cream and they carry my blueberries, no frills for my tuna, shoppers for my scripts (and now that Rexall doesn't give airmiles anymore, I'm gradually getting those types of things as well). I've been getting offers for frozen fruit, blueberries, popcorn (corn is a new safe food addition and the pc kernels are 100% Canadian!!), Nature Clean products (100% Canadian, natural cleaning products I love), and when Idon't buy them I save them until I need them. The offers just stopped showing up and have been replaced with stuff like makeup (never worn any in my entire life), cough drops, rubbermaid containers, squash and the constant offer for pretzels ??!!??
it's frustrating, first world problem for sure but annoying.

It really is hard to understand how they do their 'targeted' offers. Like you @Donald - my hero, some weeks are great and others not so much. This week I have 21 offers, 16 of which are items I buy on a regular basis. :) This would be great except my online order pickup isn't for another 10 days so that majority of these will expire except for the 4 I choose to save once I've finalized my online order.

Oh well, thankful for the points I do receive and it's fun watching my points go up and up as I'm not able to spend them right now. Thankful to have been shown by someone here how to lock my points so that hopefully they don't disappear!
That's the same with me! The last 3 weeks have been things that I don't use and of the ones I use, they were out of them. This week, when I don't have a pick up until next Thurs, almost every offer is something I buy regularly! Oh well.

I've been in at least once a week since this new world started up - zehrs for hubby's cream and they carry my blueberries, no frills for my tuna, shoppers for my scripts (and now that Rexall doesn't give airmiles anymore, I'm gradually getting those types of things as well). I've been getting offers for frozen fruit, blueberries, popcorn (corn is a new safe food addition and the pc kernels are 100% Canadian!!), Nature Clean products (100% Canadian, natural cleaning products I love), and when Idon't buy them I save them until I need them. The offers just stopped showing up and have been replaced with stuff like makeup (never worn any in my entire life), cough drops, rubbermaid containers, squash and the constant offer for pretzels ??!!??
it's frustrating, first world problem for sure but annoying.
I'm the same with the makeup, drove me insane every time I got one of those offers. This week I did get one for buying makeup online. There is a box you can tick on most offers that says 'don't show again' which I always hit for make up so not sure why they would think this would change my mind.
Hope they get better for you. I love PC blue menu items. The program is great when it works but if the offers aren't what you need then it's almost a waste.
Fingers crossed you offers grow in the right direction. :flower3:

There is a strategy to get around this.
You do need two different PC logins; not too hard to do, DW and I each have separate ones. We leapfrog each other's orders, so I have a pickup every other Sunday and DW has a pickup every other Sunday. We do Sunday so that allows us the day on Thursday to review the offers and the flyer for the week before the order window closes (could also do Mon, Tue, Wed pickups).
This way we have a weekly grocery pickup and can take advantage of all offers from the app and the flyer.
Our PC Points are tied together, and our PC Mastercard is a joint account, so we only accumulate points in one place.

There is a strategy to get around this.
You do need two different PC logins; not too hard to do, DW and I each have separate ones. We leapfrog each other's orders, so I have a pickup every other Sunday and DW has a pickup every other Sunday. We do Sunday so that allows us the day on Thursday to review the offers and the flyer for the week before the order window closes (could also do Mon, Tue, Wed pickups).
This way we have a weekly grocery pickup and can take advantage of all offers from the app and the flyer.
Our PC Points are tied together, and our PC Mastercard is a joint account, so we only accumulate points in one place.
Thanks! It's a great idea although I'm finding shopping every two weeks to be good for us so for now I'm going to keep to every-other Saturday but I appreciate your suggestion!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter