PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

Update to my tale of woe:
I called back and spoke to someone who was much more "in charge" She took down a ton of info including which till I had been at, the total of my bill & how I paid for it, approximate time (luckily i was brag-texting with my sister to show her how empty the store was and giving a play-by-play of my hunt so that i was able to give a window of time) and my best guess as to what was in the bag - a bag of coffee beans, Organic Ground Flax seeds (and you know that "O" word just adds to the price!) and a bag of corn flour that is hard to locate. Heaven knows if there was anything else but those 3 things are essential right now. She said she would go up to the office, track down the receipt and call me back to figure out exactly what i was missing and check to see if it had turned up anywhere.
That was at 3:45 and by 6 it was obvious her idea of "calling right back" means something different than i think. I had already missed an entire day of being able to trial the flax seeds and I really wanted to get a move on so we jumped in the car and headed back over. Hubby sat in the car while I went in. GOOD FLIPPIN GRIEF I had to tell my sob story 3 more times to different people and not one of them offered to look on the shelf that lost groceries go to wait. No one knew who I had talked to, no one seemed to care and I was getting more and more frustrated. Eventually someone decided it would be worth all of our time for her to watch the security feed from yesterday to see if I had left anything. After about 15 minutes she came back and said she didn't even see me on the tape, I pointed to the till I had been at and she moaned "i was looking at THAT one, give me a minute" I asked her to just look for the dang bag of food and she shrugged, no, nothing was turned in. WHAT level of hell did i fall into?!?!?!? She asked what was missing, I told her and she wrote it down on a scrap of paper and told me I should just buy it again and left.

Only saving grace was that the store was empty .. there was no line to get in, no line to check out, it was DEAD! I went and picked up my 3 things again, headed back to the self-check (I had been standing there for the entire 20 minutes it took to discover that nothing had been turned in) the girl who was in charge of that section was really cheerful but not the brightest crayon in the box and actually congratulated me for finding my food again. Paid my $26 yet again and left.

WOW, I made that a long drawn out whiny rant didn't I?? I'm frustrated that I let 2 people give me false hope that they would do something to help me and really ticked that I wasted my time even trying.

Someone most likely took it home accidentally and doesn't want to head back any time soon.

one last post and then that's it for this whole crappy experience. I KNOW all of the following is mine and mine alone to own, not the store
my frustration comes from

• I hate using the phone, it takes a lot for me to get up the nerve to pick it up
  • not one but 2 people taking down tons of information, promising to look for the groceries and call me back "soon" and not following thru
  • needing to go to an extra store not only one day but then another time when I'm trying to limit my time in public
  • feeling like a criminal while they looked at footage to see if I had in fact been in the store and left something behind
  • I don't think anyone actually looked for the bag.

This last bit lies fully on me and I'm completely aware of it and it colours the way I handle everything. I deal with a mental illness already and the extra stress this caused just "filled my bucket" because of this I'll need to postpone the start of the new food a few days so I can be sure the gut churning isn't related to the extra stress.

one last post and then that's it for this whole crappy experience. I KNOW all of the following is mine and mine alone to own, not the store
my frustration comes from

• I hate using the phone, it takes a lot for me to get up the nerve to pick it up
  • not one but 2 people taking down tons of information, promising to look for the groceries and call me back "soon" and not following thru
  • needing to go to an extra store not only one day but then another time when I'm trying to limit my time in public
  • feeling like a criminal while they looked at footage to see if I had in fact been in the store and left something behind
  • I don't think anyone actually looked for the bag.

This last bit lies fully on me and I'm completely aware of it and it colours the way I handle everything. I deal with a mental illness already and the extra stress this caused just "filled my bucket" because of this I'll need to postpone the start of the new food a few days so I can be sure the gut churning isn't related to the extra stress.

I would write a letter to the manager. None of this is right, including making you feel like a criminal. These may be 'extraordinary' times, but basic customer service should still be alive, particularly if stores want to keep their patrons. You have other grocery options and the store manager should know that.

I also have trouble picking up the phone, particularly for things like this. I keep anticipating the argument and put the phone back down, so I get it.

I went to shoppers today, my son was driving me nuts (he has almost broken another xbox controller and I can't take any more) so I spent a bit more time "wandering" around the store to get myself something. I got some nail polish that is really pretty and a couple magazines. I spent more than I should have, $130 after taxes, but earned 40K+ in points, so now I have almost $80 in points. Seemed like a good deal any way. They raised the price of the friskies in cases by 50 cents, but it's what I feed 3 cats so I needed it, and I had a saved offer for points on it. Earned me 6000 points just on the 3 cases of that I got.

I miss my rexall airmiles but I will take these shoppers points and hopefully save up for something fun at christmas.

I know I said I was done with that entire experience but thought people might appreciate the last kick ... went to get hubby's dinner started with the chicken I had bought on the original trip and I wish THAT had been in the bag I forgot 🤢it's bad! Like knock you back stench bad.

doubt I'll make the effort to shop there again. It was already a store we rarely go to, even though I could walk if'n I wanted to, this is just the last straw.

Just out of curiosity, for those that are doing the PC Express orders, how do you handle issues with the freshness of items? I picked up my grocery order on Tuesday and when I got home I unpacked everything and noticed that my hamburg buns were squished flat because heavier items were placed on top. I thought on well we'll have flat buns. But then last night I went to get an onion from the (very expensive) bag of onions I got with my order and half of them were rotting and had to be thrown out. I realize that if I was doing my shopping my hamburg bus would have been at the top of the bag and if I had noticed rotting onions in the display, I would have given them to one of the employees in the produce department. This this is the first time something like this happened and I know I should be thankful that my Fortinos is offering this service but these 2 items totalled almost $10. I tried to call the store but no one answered (I think the customer service desk may be closed).
We have had a few problems with orders.

First, call the PC Express line (the number on the post) as soon as you find an issue; I have it saved on my phone now. I have had great success with that team directly instead of going to the main store service number. Second, don't go in with high expectations and just hope to be happy; the team is overworked and things take time. If they refund an item it can take 4 weeks - actually took 6 weeks in my case - to reappear on your card. Third, as previously mentioned, fill out the survey. Every negative comment I have made has generated a response back from my store. One response got me a $10 code for our next order. I am generally happy with the outcomes of all my interactions considering how stressed the stores are. A little patience and understanding can go a long way!

As far as produce goes though, we but most of ours through Farm Boy - I go early morning once a week when the place is mostly empty. We will order relatively safe things like carrots from Loblaws, but we also got rotting onions in our order recently.

Our local farmer market is opened! Only for flowers right now but I'm very optimistic that they will have the produce in June like for previous summers. My hope is to buy our produce there every week and MAYBE we will be able to go to Provigo (Loblaws) every two weeks instead of weekly. Won't accumulate points as fast but I prefer to buy local produce in the summer and with a vegan husband who works from home, we go through a LOT of produce in a week.

I can't wait for the farmer's markets here, too. I saw a notice ours would be June 10, but we'll see. Even though I'd have a mask on, at least you're outside and it's not too hard to physical distance. I wonder if they'll start taking credit, though?

I can't wait for the farmer's markets here, too. I saw a notice ours would be June 10, but we'll see. Even though I'd have a mask on, at least you're outside and it's not too hard to physical distance. I wonder if they'll start taking credit, though?

Ours takes debit and credit. It's so easy now. I will personally prefer going to the farmer's market than the regular grocery store just because it's outside and the employees at the stands are usually the ones manipulating your produce, no random people squeezing every piece of fruit before choosing one. And hopefully I will be allowed to use my own grocery bags. I hate the flimsy plastic bags from Provigo! I never thought I would prefer my own bags over the plastic ones but I really miss them! The only negative is that they will probably be closed on Sundays like the grocery stores are right now around here so I will try to avoid going on Saturdays.

Love love the Apple Factory. Growing up in Bramalea, yes Bramalea not Brampton. We would take the drive, which back then was in the middle of nowhere to go and enjoy. I still take my kids from Aurora to there couple of times a year.

Honestly, if it was me. I would post something on social media..or also ask to speak to the GM of grocery/ fresh and the store manager. I would go above the heads of those working at the service counter.
IMO if superstore will take back a nearly empty jug of milk and replace it for you - if you felt it wasn't of the best quality, they could replace those $26.00 worth of products to keep you happy and have you shop in their store again! I know our store, goes above and beyond here for families all the time, and they would have just simply picked those items for you and put them through the register again at no charge.

If you were a " repeat offender " for returning items...then I could see them not validate that. Those who work in customer services know who the repeat offenders are. But shame on superstore for that - but that's my opinion. Having you call back twice, and then actually come into the store, shows that you really did not take those items home - even though you paid for them. I expect more from Superstore these days where they are having record sales and they could afford to give you the 26.00 worth of items to keep a customer happy.

I saw that. I think I'll wait until the next one to redeem, they happen every month or so I think? I don't quite have 80K points and don't want to shop this week (spend extra money just to get points).

they’re usually about once every 6 weeks, give or take?

i definitely wouldn’t rush. i tend to keep a running list of the bigger ticket items we use (toothbrush heads, fancy vitamins, cleaning products that run on the pricier side). once i open the last toothbrush head, i start watching for a redemption weekend.

i don’t think i’ll be redeeming this weekend either. i have a good pile of points, and usually they would be burning a hole in my pocket. right now though, they just aren’t. i would usually put the redemption amount on a disney gift card, but who knows when we’ll use those again. maybe i’ll have to look at what other gift cards they offer.

There is a PC offer of buy $100 in the Ultimate Dinning Card and get 15,000 points. I love that offer, we order out a few times a month and that card is good at so many locations. Picked mine up this morning. Bought $50 denominations.
Just a heads up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter