Party of 13 in the Most Magical Place on Earth a March 2018 trip Update: 7/23/2018

A long drive home but it was nice to see all the kids together at Lamberts for "the last meal". Thanks for sharing your holiday, I've really enjoyed reading along :thumbsup2

Thanks for the great trip report! I don't think we could handle that drive home after a Disney Trip. We are all so exhausted. Well, the girls probably could, they would just veg. But the adults would be dragging driving all that way.

I fell seriously behind but finally caught up :thumbsup2 your trip ended on a great note, your last "Disney" day as well as your travel day. Lambert's looks fun and interesting! Don't take this the wrong way lol, but when you mention the Ozarks I right away think of my childhood (and......maybe adulthood) hero, Laura Ingalls Wilder :goodvibes Thank you for sharing your adventures, I hope you manage to get back to Disney soon!

I just found your trip report and loved it. It sounds like you had a great time. It was funny seeing you mention Bojangles. They started around where I live and we always look forward to eating at one when we’ve been out of town for a while.

Last edited:

I fell seriously behind but finally caught up :thumbsup2 your trip ended on a great note, your last "Disney" day as well as your travel day. Lambert's looks fun and interesting! Don't take this the wrong way lol, but when you mention the Ozarks I right away think of my childhood (and......maybe adulthood) hero, Laura Ingalls Wilder :goodvibes Thank you for sharing your adventures, I hope you manage to get back to Disney soon!

Laura Ingalls Wilder lived about an hour and a half away from me in Kansas in her toddler years :). There is a museum and a recreation of the house based on her books. I really hope we make it back soon! Thank you for reading along. I'm back to work today for teacher Inservices. I'm going to get behind on my DIS time :guilty:

I just found your trip report and loved it. It sounds like you had a great time. It was funny seeing you mention Bojangles. They started around where I live and we always look forward to eating at one when we’ve been out of town for a while.

Thank you for reading along. We opened our last container of Bojangles honey mustard the other day that we had been hoarding. The kids were so sad :laughing:

Laura Ingalls Wilder lived about an hour and a half away from me in Kansas in her toddler years :). There is a museum and a recreation of the house based on her books.

STOP IT!! Is that Independence? I've told my DH that once the kids are grown, I want to do a trip across the country stopping at all the places she lived :goodvibes I know many of them have either museums or at the very least plaques in her honor. There's also a book written a few years back (probably more like 10 now lol, but as I get older I lose track of how long ago things were) and the author did just that; kind of followed the path of Laura's life from where she was born to where she died, stopping everywhere, at festivals named after her, etc. It's a great book, I have it somewhere but can't remember the name. And Almanzo grew up in Malone, NY which is about 3 hours north of me - one of my friends grew up there - and besides being able to tour his farmhouse they have a festival every year and Dean Butler usually comes :banana: But sadly I've never made it there because my friends have no interest and while Steve agreed to the cross-country Laura Ingalls thing in the future......can't get him to the farmhouse :(

Just got here and read through the whole TR and what a fun trip you all had! I'm in the early phases of planning a trip for 10 so it was really great to see how your trip went with such a large group!

A long drive home but it was nice to see all the kids together at Lamberts for "the last meal". Thanks for sharing your holiday, I've really enjoyed reading along :thumbsup2

Thank you for reading along. It was a great trip!

Thanks for the great trip report! I don't think we could handle that drive home after a Disney Trip. We are all so exhausted. Well, the girls probably could, they would just veg. But the adults would be dragging driving all that way.

It was definitely a long drive. Pulling into our driveway felt so good.

Just got here and read through the whole TR and what a fun trip you all had! I'm in the early phases of planning a trip for 10 so it was really great to see how your trip went with such a large group!

Thanks for reading along! Big group trips are the best. I hope you have a magical time.

Yes! It's funny when I met people growing up that were from other states, they pretty much assumed my life was just like Laura Ingalls Wilder. You know because I lived in Kansas :rotfl2:
:laughing: Well I wouldn't go that far. I mean, I'm sure you had more than TWO dresses, right? ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter