Part II...7 Days at HRH, guess what we did!!!

Sherrilatte

Bad to the Bone
Part II - The next morning following our arrival, we headed to US. Even though this was the day scheduled for early entry, it was a looooong line of people. Some people were just waiting around until 9:00, while others like the family in front of us asked what on-site hotel we were staying at. His wife commented that she would like to stay on-site some day. Of course, I told him and when we reached the turntile, he lied to the attendant and said he was staying at the HRH. His wife seemed embarrassed as she stood with her arm around their pre-teen daughter. My son’s mouth dropped when he overheard him and of course I said nothing, because I knew US had ways of verification. I don’t know what he showed the attendant, but it didn’t work. I felt embarrassement for his family. Once we went in, it seemed as if nothing in the park was open except for MIB and one or two restaurants. It was around 8:40 and unless most attractions and rides are available, what good is the early entry? Nothing was open. After 9:00-9:30, most everything began to open and by showing our cardkey, we got directly on rights that morning, no wait. As the day progressed Expresspass and FOTL was one in the same, but waits were not too long. But after 12noon, there is no such thing as FOTL it blends into Expresspass. Nevertheless, FOTL is the only way to do US/IOA. I found the rides and attractions at IOA to be a longer wait in the afternoon with FOTL, My son loved Spidey, D&D, and the Hulk so much, we did all three of these rides three times in a row, thanks to FOTL. By the way, Spidey did break down in the middle of our second go around and the people in our car thought it was part of the experience at first. It was sorta of amusing. But, then my son quickly piped out that this was not part of the show. I really don’t think they believed him, until they started the ride again and were directed back on to get the full experience. I was impressed by this courtesy as was everyone else, because they seemed pleasantly surprised a bit. After all the IOA rides, with the exception of the water rides and Cat in the Hat, I didn’t get sick, but my brain felt like scrambled eggs that had been mushed to one side of my head. My son got a big kick out this. By the way, before the rides at IOA, we ate lunch at Mythos. We were an hour late for our ressies, but they kindly seated us immediately. And believe me there was a line!! I had the tuna and salmon salad noicose???(sp) salad and my son had the chicken salad. We both had the sushi as an appetizer. The salad I had was a work of art visually as it was tasty. It was awesome. We really enjoyed our lunch. We were too full for dessert, but I wish we would have tried something. Guests were actually photographing the desserts when they brought them out! Since we went to both parks, this day I may jump back and forth from one park to another in my text. We did both parks 3 days and I notice that sometimes the shows would be slightly different. Case in point, when we first did T2D, without giving away too much, one show had the live motorcycle and one didn’t. The scene looked cheesey without it. The initial character in this attraction: The first time seen was very good; the second and third were not. I wish I knew how to give them feedback about specific performers. But, don’t let me give you the wrong impression, T2D was truly awesome and I enjoyed each and every time. Also, I developed a craving for the frozen lemon treats at US and IOA. They were very fruitty and delicious, unlike the ones at WDW which taste like frozen flavored water. After we came back from a rest at the hotel, we returned to Citywalk and ate at Motown Café. By this time, the boat had stop running because it was thundering and lightning and pouring rain. We put on our disposable raingear and braved the elements along with a few others. When we arrived at the restaurant, we watched the families, the youngest to the oldest, dance to disco and the oldies on the dance floor. It was fun to watch. I couldn’t convince him to dance with me, but while we waited for a table, he did make a recording that he secretly was really proud of. Moms know these types of things, we’re just good at that. He had also struck up quite a conversation with a little girl around his age who had just finished with a recording of her own. When we finally sat down after his time in the recording area, I had the filet mignon and my son had the meat loaf. The portions are enough for two to eat from one plate. The food was good and the service was attentive and very pleasant. It was fun watching this particular waiter in our area dressed up as Little Richard dance around to the different tunes as he waited on customers. All the servers seem to be bouncing around, smiling and having a good time too. After dinner, my son wanted to stop at the NASCAR arcade and we did this before we headed back to hotel. We played a few games of air hockey and he beat me unmercifully in car racing games and we strolled back to the hotel. It had stopped raining by then, just sprinkling When I finally got in bed, after a hot shower, I felt like someone had placed me on a cloud. I was exhausted, by the way, I lost weight on this trip, I don't really know how much, but I noticed that I felt a bit lighter and my clothes had loosened a bit....hope this wasn't toooo long and please forgive any misspellings and weird sentence structures:D...Part III will be about our day trips to WDW

I can't believe that guy thought he was going to get away with lying about being at the HRH, what a jerk!
lol.gif

Dont you just LOVE Mythos? It was an experience! I didn't have reservations at all and I was seated right away. I liked everything about it!

How old is your son?

What a great report! I am so touched by the special mother/son relationship you two seem to have. It is great to see other moms have great times with their sons too! I do and mine are 17 and 11!:D

I'm enjoying your reports. Thank you so much.:)

Thanks for reading...btw, I hope my son will still set aside little time to hang with Mom every now then when he becomes older......:cool:

I've been out of commission for a couple of days, trying to catch up on things....sorry I did'nt get chance to respond sooner...I will be posting more today...:):cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter