• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Parking lot view at the Poly from Pago Pago

Childs1stTime2Disney

*A dream is a wish your heart makes*
Is the view of the parking lot from Pago Pago a clear view or obstructed by greenery, at the POLY?

Unfortunately the parking lot side there is right on the parking lot, not a whole lot of greenery dividing it (although you do also see the monorail going by). So yes that is a risk you take booking standard view there (although it is a small number of rooms compared to the total- 36? On that side? I forget, but still). I wish they would make that a separate category.

I really wish they'd have 3 categories: standard (parking lot, maybe some back of pool building rooms), lake (Moorea floors 2 & 3 plus maybe some of the 1st floor Moorea and prime Tokelau rooms) and garden (everything else). Then the points you spend would be commensurate with the view you end up with.

I really wish they'd have 3 categories: standard (parking lot, maybe some back of pool building rooms), lake (Moorea floors 2 & 3 plus maybe some of the 1st floor Moorea and prime Tokelau rooms) and garden (everything else). Then the points you spend would be commensurate with the view you end up with.

How do they base who gets those dreaded parking lot view rooms I wonder? Esp if I am not a DVC member, but paying Disney to rent those rooms like a regular stay.

It is random who gets those rooms. For us, getting one of those rooms last year for our July 4 trip has made it that we will probably never stay at the Poly again. It was so loud in the mornings, with the beeping of delivery trucks backing up next to the building, and people yelling in the parking lot, that we will never risk it again. On the plus side, it is a quick walk to the TTC and the parking lot to get to your own car. We have stayed standard view at the Poly (DVC) several times and have lucked out with getting Tokelau most of the time, but that one time in Pago Pago has turned us off. There are lots of other DVC resorts to enjoy so no need for us to risk Pago Pago again.

It is random who gets those rooms. For us, getting one of those rooms last year for our July 4 trip has made it that we will probably never stay at the Poly again. It was so loud in the mornings, with the beeping of delivery trucks backing up next to the building, and people yelling in the parking lot, that we will never risk it again. On the plus side, it is a quick walk to the TTC and the parking lot to get to your own car. We have stayed standard view at the Poly (DVC) several times and have lucked out with getting Tokelau most of the time, but that one time in Pago Pago has turned us off. There are lots of other DVC resorts to enjoy so no need for us to risk Pago Pago again.

That must have been awful; Very worried since I am choosing between regular room (Water view) vs DVC room at the Poly. I just hate the regular rooms but love their location.

Never had a parking lot view, but now I am worried - will be there in a month. Although I have stayed on the non parking lot side of Pago Pago and did not have any issues with noise

Probably can not make them a separate category at this point in the game, they would have to add the points they take away from the new category to the others, and the other studios are all basically as point expensive as the VGF. Although dropping them a point or two and adding those points to the bungalows wouldn't matter a whole lot, whats 150 points a night vs 152 lol

That must have been awful; Very worried since I am choosing between regular room (Water view) vs DVC room at the Poly. I just hate the regular rooms but love their location.

I couldn't agree more. That is often a dilemma between DVC and non-DVC rooms at resorts that have both. It didn't ruin our vacation, but after moving to the Poly from a split stay at GFV, which was peaceful and amazing all around, Pago Pago was quite disappointing.

I couldn't agree more. That is often a dilemma between DVC and non-DVC rooms at resorts that have both. It didn't ruin our vacation, but after moving to the Poly from a split stay at GFV, which was peaceful and amazing all around, Pago Pago was quite disappointing.

I can imagine !! ugh!

Never had a parking lot view, but now I am worried - will be there in a month.

Me too! Mid-September. I've been on the WL for VGF for almost 6 months and it hasn't come through, so I guess Poly it is. I didn't put in any requests, so I don't know my chances of getting the dreaded parking lot view. With on-line check in, will the app tell me what building I'm in? If not, how will I know, when I get the text, if I have Pago Pago? I just want to prepare myself.

Me too! Mid-September. I've been on the WL for VGF for almost 6 months and it hasn't come through, so I guess Poly it is. I didn't put in any requests, so I don't know my chances of getting the dreaded parking lot view. With on-line check in, will the app tell me what building I'm in? If not, how will I know, when I get the text, if I have Pago Pago? I just want to prepare myself.
Split stay 4 days poly 4 vgf sept 14-22. might have to check room requests myself

Half of Pago Pago is garden view

Definitely wish they would do that. While POLY isn't my least favorite I won't book it because there is a good chance of getting a grappy view compared to what you are paying for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter