Parking lot view at the Poly from Pago Pago

Me too! Mid-September. I've been on the WL for VGF for almost 6 months and it hasn't come through, so I guess Poly it is. I didn't put in any requests, so I don't know my chances of getting the dreaded parking lot view. With on-line check in, will the app tell me what building I'm in? If not, how will I know, when I get the text, if I have Pago Pago? I just want to prepare myself.

Pago Pago is building 11, but it's the 2nd digit of your room number that matters. For Pago Pago, the 2nd digit is 1. Parking lot view room numbers are in these ranges: 1103-1112 (1st floor), 2101-2112 (2nd floor), and 3101-3112 (3rd floor). If you get a room starting with 11, 21, or 31 but ending in the range 13-26, (e.g. 2113 or 3125), you have Pago Page garden view, so you're in good shape.

Last edited:
I genuinely don't see the whole "getting a worse view than you're paying for." Standard View at other resorts can be pretty variable - BLT, AKV and BWV are good examples. BCV and BRV are all "one view" for booking points, and can be fairly nice to "eh, whatever."

Poly is not dissimilar to BCV and BRV, where the view can range from "pretty nice" to "eh," and Jambo Standard is much the same way thanks to the Savannah downgrades and pool vs. the Kidani Standard, which can be Savannah downgrade or fairly "eh."

I think if they dropped the points on one side of PP, they'd book up quickly, but no one would be happy about the points being added somewhere else. And no, they won't add 'em to bungalows, they're trying to figure out how to drop that point chart already.

DH and I affectionately refer to Pago Pago as "Parking Lot Parking Lot" We actually don't mind it so much, it's super convenient since we rent a car.

I would agree if I rented a car, I could find the benefit but since I don't man would that room location stink....

Pago Pago is building 11, but it's the 2nd digit of your room view that matters. For Pago Pago, the 2nd digit is 1. Parking lot view room numbers are in these ranges: 1103-1112 (1st floor), 2101-2112 (2nd floor), and 3101-3112 (3rd floor). If you get a room starting with 11, 21, or 31 but ending in the range 13-26, (e.g. 2113 or 3125), you have Pago Page garden view, so you're in good shape.

Got it, thanks! I did notice on touring plans that some parking lot views also are good monorail views, but some are pretty bad!

Me too! Mid-September. I've been on the WL for VGF for almost 6 months and it hasn't come through, so I guess Poly it is. I didn't put in any requests, so I don't know my chances of getting the dreaded parking lot view. With on-line check in, will the app tell me what building I'm in? If not, how will I know, when I get the text, if I have Pago Pago? I just want to prepare myself.

Why not place a request for either or both of the other two buildings?

I had a one night stay at at PVB last November - an add on to a stay. No request and got the parking lot view. It was an early flight so I didn't expeirence any of the parking lot noise. The noise I had came from the very loud family with 2 connecting rooms a couple of doors down. :( That can happen anywhere though.

I really wish they'd have 3 categories: standard (parking lot, maybe some back of pool building rooms), lake (Moorea floors 2 & 3 plus maybe some of the 1st floor Moorea and prime Tokelau rooms) and garden (everything else). Then the points you spend would be commensurate with the view you end up with.

I don't. Smaller or divided room categories add to booking issues. It's something I'd never ask to be done when I can easily find something to request and probably increase the chance of not getting a view I didn't prefer. Of course it's not guaranteed and we've gotten "those" views but I'll take ease in booking any day. There's a lot of crappy room views all over Disney that cost the same as other views. So either pony up for a category that doesn't have the worst or just know that it may not be prime or you may have to move during your trip if the view matters enough to do so.

From a strategy perspective, I tell people with Standard at Poly to request Moorea.

Everyone and their dog requests Tokelau, which means those requests end up having a high chance of failure. Moorea SV is guaranteed garden view, and no one requests it, making it an easy request for an assignor to fulfill if a unit is open. I am semi convinced all the unsuccessful Tokelau requests, especially the people who request the 6 units everyone requests, get slotted to PP parking lot as first option.

From a strategy perspective, I tell people with Standard at Poly to request Moorea.

Thank you. As soon as I read your suggestion, I submitted that request at DVCMember. I realize I could still get the Pago Pago parking lot view, but I tried!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter