Parking In San Francisco... Help!

oh, and re:weather.

Looks like we may sneak in some 80s next week! SHOCKER! but keep in mind the weather changes DRASTICALLY and very quickly. And the wind plays a big part into how it feels. Always dress in layers. Even if you think it is warm, it could get cold very quickly. And also colder the further west you go in the city. It's often warm and sunny downtown, and out by me at the beach, cold and foggy.

I was thinking long sleeves and a light sweater most days. (Maybe I'll plan short sleeves and a sweater on Mon ;)) Do you think that's ok? I am always cold so I'm not too worried about being too hot.

What about Alcatraz? I was thinking tennis shoes and heavier hoodies for the fam, assuming it will probably be windier/colder there, but I just realized I don't actually know that... What's the weather like there compared to the rest of SF?

Well it's hot today!! Supposed to be 80s this weekend. Whew!

You will almost always be fine in capris/pants. Even when it is hot out many people aren't wearing shorts. It's weird, it;s like it will be warm enough for shorts, but you also won't die in jeans. I usually wear a short sleeve over a long sleeve so I can remove. And I almost always have a fleece with me or nearby! Weather looks pretty warm for the next week - but usually that warm part only happens in the afternoon, and sometimes turns back cold. But since it shows sunny that most likely means not much fog, that's when it cools off. Wed- Fri is back to cooler, but should still be sunny.

Alcatraz is windier so when it's chilly out it is downright freezing out there. But if it's warm you should be ok. I would dress however you are for the city on Alcatraz day, then bring a sweatshirt in case it turns cold. If it's already warm and sunny by 10am, then it will likely be pretty warm all day. If it's foggy and overcast, it usually clears by noon ish and gets bad again around 5.

Are you staying in san bruno? Maybe wasn't you. It's hotter down there, even though only 30 min south.

Muir woods should be good. It's very shaded so stays cool when it's warm. It's always much hotter once you pass through the rainbow tunnel - you'll see when you drive there. I hope it is foggy because it's really amazing that you are up in Marin and and it's sunny, then you come through that tunnel and BAM! Freezing and foggy. Kind of cool!

Well it's hot today!! Supposed to be 80s this weekend. Whew!

You will almost always be fine in capris/pants. Even when it is hot out many people aren't wearing shorts. It's weird, it;s like it will be warm enough for shorts, but you also won't die in jeans. I usually wear a short sleeve over a long sleeve so I can remove. And I almost always have a fleece with me or nearby! Weather looks pretty warm for the next week - but usually that warm part only happens in the afternoon, and sometimes turns back cold. But since it shows sunny that most likely means not much fog, that's when it cools off. Wed- Fri is back to cooler, but should still be sunny.

Alcatraz is windier so when it's chilly out it is downright freezing out there. But if it's warm you should be ok. I would dress however you are for the city on Alcatraz day, then bring a sweatshirt in case it turns cold. If it's already warm and sunny by 10am, then it will likely be pretty warm all day. If it's foggy and overcast, it usually clears by noon ish and gets bad again around 5.

Are you staying in san bruno? Maybe wasn't you. It's hotter down there, even though only 30 min south.

Muir woods should be good. It's very shaded so stays cool when it's warm. It's always much hotter once you pass through the rainbow tunnel - you'll see when you drive there. I hope it is foggy because it's really amazing that you are up in Marin and and it's sunny, then you come through that tunnel and BAM! Freezing and foggy. Kind of cool!

I am SO hoping for fog!! At least for a morning or two. We just don't get that here. Honestly it sounds heavenly. Yes, we are staying in San Bruno, but we probably won't spend much time there. Mostly we plan to be in the city (Sun-Wed) and then we are heading down to Monterey for a few days before going home. We are so excited! We're leaving at 5am tomorrow- still gotta finish packing :S Thank you SO much for all your help! You have been a lifesaver.

Just wanted to let you know our trip was fantastic! Thanks for all your help. Parking was really no problem. There were lots of lots nearby our attractions. (The Park Me app was particularly helpful.) It was more a matter of avoiding one way streets! ;) We had so much fun. Your city is gorgeous and I don't even have words for the food. We hope to make it back sometime soon!

So glad you had fun!

Yes parking isn't as bad as people make it out to be. I have a big ol' minivan and do just fine! :)

Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter