Park Hopping suspended today (4/4/24) at Magic Kingdom -???

This isn't a closure due to capacity. They're still letting people in. If you have a day-ticket (or an MK park reservation) and haven't started your day yet, you can go right now and get into the MK.

This is an access restriction. If you have a dining or activity reservation at a park that's blocking park hopping, you have access to that park. That's the same as if the park isn't open to the public.
Pre-covid (and pre park hopping restrictions and reservations), a dining reservation did not allow you into the park if it was closed to hopping. I have not seen this info updated to allow for that. I don’t know about the paid activity, though.

If park hopping is suspended what happens if you start at MK and then hop to Hollywood Studios but then want to go back to MK later in the night, are you locked out?

Restrictions are over. Just log onto MDE.
I just called the number and the recording still says no hopping at MK. Hopping is available at Epcot, DHS and AK. Maybe I'll check again in a few minutes in case they hadn't had a chance to flip the message.

If park hopping is suspended what happens if you start at MK and then hop to Hollywood Studios but then want to go back to MK later in the night, are you locked out?
My understanding (which could be incorrect since this is basically a new situation) is that the DHS entry essentially overrides the earlier MK entry, and yes one would be denied hopping back to MK in this situation. Again, we're in kind of unchartered territory here and need first-hand reports -- so if you try, please post back!

Where have you seen the bolded? Everything I've seen indicates an ADR does NOT guarantee access if hopping restrictions are in place and one entered another park earlier. It is a capacity issue, that's exactly why hopping has been restricted.
I mean, what I'm describing is park policy. Scott Gustin is saying the same:

Screenshot_20240404_184834_X.jpg

For clarity - it is a capacity issue, but it's not a gate closure. They haven't reached actual capacity - they're just managing what's available.

Side note: I would gently suggest holding off on guessing. We'll know for sure when people report their actual experiences. I'm not sure it's worth scaring anyone out of trying to go to a park because of this, or panicking someone unnecessarily.

Last edited:
I thought needing to have park reservations had ended. Do you still need a reservation?

The only time I paid for a private VIP tour was during a Spring Break trip. The crowds were unbelievable. MK and DHS had closed a couple of times each. The tour allowed my daughter and her friends to ride in all 4 parks. Bought it our last day because there had been a few they would not have been able to enjoy. After that trip, I swore off Spring Break.

At 7:21 PM, I went to the Park Hours & Info page on the app and got a popup saying the Park Hopper option is temporarily unavailable at Magic Kingdom. The language in red that was showing under the MK's park hours earlier in the day is no longer there, but I don't think that means there has been a change of status. I think they just changed the way they are displaying the info.

I thought needing to have park reservations had ended. Do you still need a reservation?
I've got a longer rant elsewhere on the forum about this - the actual answer is no but sorta yes. "WDW ended park reservations" is basically just PR.

They didn't go back to the old days, where you could buy a 5-Day ticket and go whenever you want.

What actually happened is that Disney folded park reservations into date-based tickets. When you buy a day ticket now, you have to select a date range for your visit. That's a form of park reservation, just looser than having to choose a specific day and park for your visit. If you can't make the day of your ticket, you have to modify the ticket and pay the difference for the new days.

For 1-Day tickets, you have to choose a specific park. (The Magic Kingdom is sold out for today.) Same thing: it's essentially a park reservation.

Every other ticket type (such as the multi-day tickets that are available to convention goers) needs a park reservation.

Where I live in Upstate NY, Spring Break is the week after Easter (starts Good Friday) and has been for ages. It used to be statewide, but I understand NYC is now different (late April this year).

EDIT: I understand it is more than just NYC that is now different. I don't know how long ago that all changed. Regardless, some of us still always have the week after Easter.
Looks like NYC spring break is the same week we will be there! :)

The only time I paid for a private VIP tour was during a Spring Break trip. The crowds were unbelievable. MK and DHS had closed a couple of times each. The tour allowed my daughter and her friends to ride in all 4 parks. Bought it our last day because there had been a few they would not have been able to enjoy. After that trip, I swore off Spring Break.
The problem is "spring break" can span about two months straight!

Question for guests at WDW today - Thurs, Apr 4, 2024.

I'm looking to find actual experiences, not 'I believe' or 'I think' but looking for guests who meet the following criteria so that we can provide accurate information when this happens again in the future.

If this scenario fits you, please share your actual experience:

1. Started day in a park other than MK, or, had not entered any park when park hopping to MK was stopped.
2. You either had an ADR in MK for a time after park hopping was stopped or,
You had purchased Multi-parks G+ and had booked at least 1 LL for a time in the MK after park hopping was stopped.

If this scenario is you,
a) Did you attempt to enter the MK after park hopping was stopped?
b) Were you allowed to access the park due to your ADR or LL reservation?

Again, please only respond to this if this scenario fits your experience as we are trying to find actual true, informative information to provide to guests in the future.

Thank you.

I would like to also hear the experiences of those who had entered MK before park hopping was restricted and tried to re-enter the park later after having left it, either to visit another park or just to take a break. Also, those who had not entered any park as of 1:00 and had dated tickets and no park reservations. If fact, I think anyone who was there today and tried to enter MK after 1:00 or so may have a story to tell. Please let us know how it went. Please explain what type of ticket you had, whether and where you had a park reservation, and what happened to you when you tried to enter MK.

I would like to also hear the experiences of those who had entered MK before park hopping was restricted and tried to re-enter the park later after having left it, either to visit another park or just to take a break. Also, those who had not entered any park as of 1:00 and had dated tickets and no park reservations. If fact, I think anyone who was there today and tried to enter MK after 1:00 or so may have a story to tell. Please let us know how it went. Please explain what type of ticket you had, whether and where you had a park reservation, and what happened to you when you tried to enter MK.
We were here this morning left for a few hours to go swim and came back. AP’s. No issues getting back in.

We were here this morning left for a few hours to go swim and came back. AP’s. No issues getting back in.
Thanks for sharing. You have a park reservation so glad to hear they are honouring those.

Also hope to hear from those who may have done what you did but had a date based ticket so did not have an actual park reservation to return to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter