Park Hopping suspended today (4/4/24) at Magic Kingdom -???

So if someone had a dated ticket high does not require a reservation and was hopping to MK would they have been prevented from getting in?
Yes, they would have been prevented from entering MK per the announcements made on the MDE app and on the park hopping call line. Guests were still permitted to hop to Epcot, DHS and AK so hopping was allowed, just not to MK.

We just returned from WDW. We only had 1 day in MK (our only Disney day since we were doing Seaworld/discovery cove this trip) Our original plan was to have our MK day March 30, but DS9 wasn’t feeling well so we had to switch it to Thurs. 4/4. I had been watching the wait times all week and couldn’t believe how busy it was on Thursday. I think it was a combination of the start of the 4 day sale tickets plus the weather on Wed. was horrible. I’m guessing many people who were going to do MK on Wed. switched to Thursday.

I have to say, as someone who hates crowds and line, it wasn’t as bad as I expected for such a busy day. Even my non Disney husband said it was a fun day. Looking around people seemed to be having a good time and no one looked miserable, like I’ve seen on summer days.

We roped dropped Tomorrowland. Had lunch at around 1130 and headed out for some pool time around noon. Returned to have dinner around 430 at the Plaza and stayed until around 930.

Once 11 am hit, I stacked lightening lanes for our evening and was so happy to have those. The lines were so long! I saw the no parking hopping announcement on the app and couldn’t believe out of all the days of our trip, we picked that day for MK.

I have never been so happy to be staying at BLT than yesterday. The crowds exiting after the fireworks heading for the boats, monorails and buses were huge. It was awesome to stroll on by to the walkway to the Contemporary.

We were unsuccessful in getting the Tron virtual queue even being on exactly at 7am. I bought the $$$ pass instead for DH and DS. After that I booked the $$$ pass for Seven Dwarves mine train and it was already booking after 3.

I will say my experience is as someone who has been to MK many, many times. If I was on a first trip I would have been a little disappointed I wasn’t able to ride a few things. For instance, we skipped Peter Pan due to the line and I was hoping to see the Belle show with DD6 but that was too long for us.I was happy that Disney seemed to handle the crowds okay. We left a little bit after the fireworks. We exited from Adventureland and they had the path running behind Main Street open. (Doors next to Crystal Palace) That really helped moved the crowds along. Once we excited there were tons of cast members with signs pointing to monorails, boats, etc. It was very organized.

Last edited:
If you only had a 1 day ticket for Magic Kingdom and capacity is reached and you still haven't yet entered the park you might not be able to enter so that's probably why it's worth upgrading to hopper ticket.

If you only had a 1 day ticket for Magic Kingdom and capacity is reached and you still haven't yet entered the park you might not be able to enter so that's probably why it's worth upgrading to hopper ticket.
I would disagree.

When a guest purchases a 1day ticket they must choose at the time of purchase which day and which park they intend to use the ticket. A one day ticket is a date based ticket for a specific park so it is a ‘reservation’ for that park on that date. The guest will be permitted to enter that park from park open to park close. There is no need to add the (expensive) ph option unless the guest intends to use the ph option.

IMG_6679.jpeg

I would disagree.

When a guest purchases a 1day ticket they must choose at the time of purchase which day and which park they intend to use the ticket. A one day ticket is a date based ticket for a specific park so it is a ‘reservation’ for that park on that date. The guest will be permitted to enter that park from park open to park close. There is no need to add the (expensive) ph option unless the guest intends to use the ph option.

View attachment 848642
Correct.

This week has been very weird. The wait times at rides have been very high, but the crowds aren’t bad. The parking lot at Epcot wasn’t even 2/3 full yesterday.

Lots of Brits around. Their half term break coincided with some American Spring Break.

@scrappinginontario is correct. A 1-day single park ticket to MK is guaranteed admittance to MK even if closed to park hoppers. That ticket, along with any ticket including a theme park reservation, is automatically counted in the capacity and thus allowed entry.

I’ll also note that sales of 1-day tickets for MK were suspended on Thursday afternoon as were sales of 1-day PHs or upgrades to add hopping.

I haven’t yet seen any reports of someone allowed to enter MK on Thursday afternoon as their first park of the day without a theme park reservation.

Monorail was broken down when we were exiting the park last night at 11:15. Wish it hadn’t been our last day but ended up being great. Got a lot of rides in the morning then rented a boat, swam at the GF pool and headed back in for dinner and a ton of rides thanks to Genie+.

Park hopping was paused on 4th April at Magic Kingdom only.

I went on WDW website I spoken on the webchat to enquire what happens if you have a 1 day park specific ticket and if park reaches capacity apparently you don't need to worry if that happens you can still enter the park it doesn't affect 1 day park ticket it's just park hopping that would be paused if the park reaches capacity if you got a hopper ticket you have to choose a different available park for your second park.

Screenshot_20240408_200217.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter