Paris for 5

is there a cost difference?
For the upgrade? Probably not. In the hospitality industry it is custom that if you have an issue like this, the hotel will offer something similar or better without a cost. If it is a downgrade, they compensate.

Like when you have a business class ticket and business class is overbooked they usually offer business class on a later flight or economy on the same flight with compensation.

If Sequoia fully closes (again, seriously, it was closed for the entire pandemic), I assume they will first move to NPB and maybe Marvel.

But I also assume that this might only happen to a couple of guests. It is unlikely they will still take reservations when they know the hotel is going to close for refurbishment at date X. Maybe there is a small difference, that they take reservations up to the 1st of March and due to unforeseen circumstances they will close a bit earlier for preparations (no idea, just guessing what could happen). But that might be days or weeks, not months. So they guests they might have to move will be limited.

For the upgrade? Probably not. In the hospitality industry it is custom that if you have an issue like this, the hotel will offer something similar or better without a cost. If it is a downgrade, they compensate.

Like when you have a business class ticket and business class is overbooked they usually offer business class on a later flight or economy on the same flight with compensation.

If Sequoia fully closes (again, seriously, it was closed for the entire pandemic), I assume they will first move to NPB and maybe Marvel.

But I also assume that this might only happen to a couple of guests. It is unlikely they will still take reservations when they know the hotel is going to close for refurbishment at date X. Maybe there is a small difference, that they take reservations up to the 1st of March and due to unforeseen circumstances they will close a bit earlier for preparations (no idea, just guessing what could happen). But that might be days or weeks, not months. So they guests they might have to move will be limited.

ok. I know they are still taking reservations now cuz I was looking at booking in spring 2024, which I was surprised about.

it was closed during the pandemic too?! Wow!

We went to DLP in 2019 with my family of five. We stayed in an AirBnB, close to the park entrance, at the next train station over (Val D'Europe). It was only about a 5-minute train ride to the park; we even took a mid-day break one day and returned to the apartment then back to the park. Around the Val d'Europe train station, there are lots of apartment buildings that are rented out and ideal for visitors to DLP, and plenty of grocery stores and restaurants.

We went to DLP in 2019 with my family of five. We stayed in an AirBnB, close to the park entrance, at the next train station over (Val D'Europe). It was only about a 5-minute train ride to the park; we even took a mid-day break one day and returned to the apartment then back to the park. Around the Val d'Europe train station, there are lots of apartment buildings that are rented out and ideal for visitors to DLP, and plenty of grocery stores and restaurants.
While staying off site is a good option, people need to be aware that staying offsite means you can only book restaurants 2 months in advance compared to approx 12 months in advance for onsite and that many places are booked out before offsite booking opens. Also offsite are at a disadvantage in the mornings, as both parks open an hour early for onsite guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter