Paris for 5

woodys_girl

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

I'm thinking of taking my family of 5 to Disneyland Paris (and non-Disneyland Paris) sometime next school year. Our best times to go schedule-wise would be mid to late November 2024 (Thanksgiving time) or the third week of March 2025. April 2025 would be a slight possibility though the kids' school break is shorter and we're generally busier.

So my questions are:

1) Of the above, when is the best time to go considering crowds, weather, and cost? How far ahead do people plan their DLP trips?

2) What are the best onsite accommodations for a family of 5? Finding rooms for 5 plagues me on all my vacations, but more in Europe where there are smaller beds and I can't share with my husband. We are willing to do adjoining rooms or a larger room.

3) We typically do quick service in FL and CA with maybe one table service a trip. Are there any must do dining locations for families (kids will be 8/10/12)? For the record, every time I've polled them my oldest favors anywhere with pizza and my younger 2 like buffets and dessert. Do they serve American kids' food (chicken fingers/pizza/mac and cheese) anywhere for that matter?

Thanks in advance.

In general, Nov. and Mar. weather is pretty much the same: you need a coat.
You can get away with a jacket in Apr. Do a forecast search as you get closer to your arrival.

Can’t comment on Disney accommodations around Paris since we just made it a day trip. Have you checked private accommodations such as AirBnB or Vrbo? An air mattress might help with the fifth bed if push comes to shove.

No idea about American kid food but pizza is served throughout Paris. Also I’m hearing that American fast food restaurants are proliferating in Paris. Lines to enter the new Krispy Kreme. Doubt you’ll find many buffets but there are some. Check places such as TripAdvisor for locales.

Have fun.

Most if not all rooms in the onsite hotels connect, I would say for your requirements probably two connecting rooms may be the best. My favorite if the Cheyenne hotel, one of the cheapest and still just a 10 minutes walk to the parks entrance. No pool and not many amenities, but as a place to sleep and shower it's acceptable.
Otherwise it's suites or family rooms, but you have to call to get more info and pricing, there're not well advertised options.

If you are a DVC member, you can probably find the Marriot near DLP for peanuts in the II getaways. It's a lovely resort and you can get a gorgeous 2BR for under $100 a night, but you don't get onsite perks.

Buffet are a decent option at DLP, but lower a bit your expectation when compared to the american parks. In general, you don't go to DLP for the food, but all buffet have kids friendly options.

1) Of the above, when is the best time to go considering crowds, weather, and cost? How far ahead do people plan their DLP trips?
Both should be good as these periods are not school holidays, so if you can come during the week crowds should be equal.
Weather is easier, March can be fickle but chances of good weather are much better in March.
Europeans probably plan their trips a few months out. Americans & Asians probably a year or more. But that's just the difference between travelling internationally or shorter distances.

2) What are the best onsite accommodations for a family of 5? Finding rooms for 5 plagues me on all my vacations, but more in Europe where there are smaller beds and I can't share with my husband. We are willing to do adjoining rooms or a larger room.
Rooms for 5 are very limited so I would advise to book as soon as you can. However, if you and your husband both need your own bed due to size differences in beds, I would book 2 rooms just to be sure. This is so hard to advice on as everyone's size is different and the chances of you finding someone on here who is the exact body type as you are slim.

3) We typically do quick service in FL and CA with maybe one table service a trip. Are there any must do dining locations for families (kids will be 8/10/12)? For the record, every time I've polled them my oldest favors anywhere with pizza and my younger 2 like buffets and dessert. Do they serve American kids' food (chicken fingers/pizza/mac and cheese) anywhere for that matter?
Have a look at the menus on the website or in the app, what they offer to children. Chicken nuggets and pizza are easier to get than Mac & Cheese. To be honest, don't recall it ever been on the menu here. With buffets you should have a good offering for both kids and adults.

Hakuna Matata is a favourite QS for me. Buffet I would go for Hunter's Grill in Sequoia Lodge. Desserts, go to Victoria's for snacks (be there on time, limited seating)

Hi all,

I'm thinking of taking my family of 5 to Disneyland Paris (and non-Disneyland Paris) sometime next school year. Our best times to go schedule-wise would be mid to late November 2024 (Thanksgiving time) or the third week of March 2025. April 2025 would be a slight possibility though the kids' school break is shorter and we're generally busier.

So my questions are:

Thanks in advance.

I did a family trip to Disneyland Paris at Halloween 2023. We stayed at Santa Fe Hotel, and had meal plans. I wrote a very in depth trip report, and I tried to cover as much information as possible, it will give you a good idea of what to expect https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...isneyland-paris-app-and-premier-pass.3933288/

I booked the hotel and ticket package at the end of December 2022 for end of October 2023 stay. The hotel and park tickets package is standard and they open booking approx 12 months in advance.

Hotel guests get an advantage for booking restaurants. I booked the restaurants in February 2023. Offsite guests can only book restaurants 2 months in advance, which means many places are booked out by that stage.

For hotels for 5 people you will need connecting rooms. Adjoining rooms means nearby rooms. In Santa Fe Hotel we had a room with bunk beds and 1 queen bed, we were 3 adults and 1 child. The bunk beds option is popular but they only have a limited amount, so booking as far in advance as possible gives a better chance of getting this configuration. The standard configuration in the hotels is 2 queen beds. In Cheyenne they have an option for a queen bed and a trundle bed.

The quick service and counter service places in the parks are mainly pizza, burgers, chicken nuggets, hot dog places. In Disney Village there is Annettes Diner, McDonalds, 5 Guys.

The table service and buffets are more European style food. We had counter service in the park for lunch every day and table service / buffet in the evening. There are lots of YouTube videos which show the food at the buffets.

The big name table service are Chez Remys Bistro, Captain Jacks, Walts. You can check the menus in the Disneyland Paris App.

I did a family trip to Disneyland Paris at Halloween 2023. We stayed at Santa Fe Hotel, and had meal plans. I wrote a very in depth trip report, and I tried to cover as much information as possible, it will give you a good idea of what to expect https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...isneyland-paris-app-and-premier-pass.3933288/

I booked the hotel and ticket package at the end of December 2022 for end of October 2023 stay. The hotel and park tickets package is standard and they open booking approx 12 months in advance.

Hotel guests get an advantage for booking restaurants. I booked the restaurants in February 2023. Offsite guests can only book restaurants 2 months in advance, which means many places are booked out by that stage.

For hotels for 5 people you will need connecting rooms. Adjoining rooms means nearby rooms. In Santa Fe Hotel we had a room with bunk beds and 1 queen bed, we were 3 adults and 1 child. The bunk beds option is popular but they only have a limited amount, so booking as far in advance as possible gives a better chance of getting this configuration. The standard configuration in the hotels is 2 queen beds. In Cheyenne they have an option for a queen bed and a trundle bed.

The quick service and counter service places in the parks are mainly pizza, burgers, chicken nuggets, hot dog places. In Disney Village there is Annettes Diner, McDonalds, 5 Guys.

The table service and buffets are more European style food. We had counter service in the park for lunch every day and table service / buffet in the evening. There are lots of YouTube videos which show the food at the buffets.

The big name table service are Chez Remys Bistro, Captain Jacks, Walts. You can check the menus in the Disneyland Paris App.
Thanks. I actually read your entire trip report. I appreciate all the details. I like the idea of a bunk bed for the kids. They aren't impressed by bunk beds as that's what they have at home, but then they don't have to share a sleeping surface.

Both should be good as these periods are not school holidays, so if you can come during the week crowds should be equal.
Weather is easier, March can be fickle but chances of good weather are much better in March.
Europeans probably plan their trips a few months out. Americans & Asians probably a year or more. But that's just the difference between travelling internationally or shorter distances.

Rooms for 5 are very limited so I would advise to book as soon as you can. However, if you and your husband both need your own bed due to size differences in beds, I would book 2 rooms just to be sure. This is so hard to advice on as everyone's size is different and the chances of you finding someone on here who is the exact body type as you are slim.

Have a look at the menus on the website or in the app, what they offer to children. Chicken nuggets and pizza are easier to get than Mac & Cheese. To be honest, don't recall it ever been on the menu here. With buffets you should have a good offering for both kids and adults.

Hakuna Matata is a favourite QS for me. Buffet I would go for Hunter's Grill in Sequoia Lodge. Desserts, go to Victoria's for snacks (be there on time, limited seating)
Thanks for the reply. I'm looking at doing 2 rooms. Do you know if I tell them connecting at the time of booking or if I need to add it later like a request?

Also the quote I got today online has Sequoia and Cheyenne at the same price which is only $50 more for 3 nights than Santa Fe. My gut would be to go Sequoia because it's the closest of the 3, but are there other differences I should consider? Looks like the quotes for all 3 were for 2 double rooms.

Thanks for the reply. I'm looking at doing 2 rooms. Do you know if I tell them connecting at the time of booking or if I need to add it later like a request?

Also the quote I got today online has Sequoia and Cheyenne at the same price which is only $50 more for 3 nights than Santa Fe. My gut would be to go Sequoia because it's the closest of the 3, but are there other differences I should consider? Looks like the quotes for all 3 were for 2 double rooms.
I would go for Sequoia. It is a bit better than Cheyenne. It has a nice vibe. If we have to pick a lounge to relax for a couple of hours (or work ;-) ) we usually pick the one at Sequoia. Hunter's Grill is a nice buffet restaurant. It's closer, however Sequoia is huge, if you end up on the furthest building from the entrance, it might make a few minutes difference with Cheyenne.

Only reason to choose Cheyenne is if you have a Woody/Toy Story fan with you.

I do not know what you specifically have to say, but 'connecting' makes the most sense. I would tell them immediately, because like rooms for 5 people, connecting rooms are limited. Better to get that locked in as soon as possible.

The buffets at Disneyland Paris are not what you'd expect to see at Walt Disney World or even in the US. I lucked into a priority seating for Pym's in Avengers Campus in Paris last october and it was delicious, but very unusual. One large difference is that there are no carving stations and if you know where to look, you can find amazing dishes and ingredients, For example, the tomato/mozzarella salad has real, straight from Italy, Mozzarella di Bufala, which costs a fortune as an appetizer in top end restaurants in the US.

I've recently had dinner at the Hotel Cheyenne Chuckwagon Cafe (very good), Hotel New-York Downtown Restaurant (amazing, best buffet I've ever had) and Pym's. Hotel Cheyenne was really good and at a decent pricing point too.

I seem to have a vague memory of a carving station in the Hunter's Grill, but not sure. I am sure about the raclette station :D

I seem to have a vague memory of a carving station in the Hunter's Grill, but not sure. I am sure about the raclette station :D

The raclette station just returned it seems! I am not a fan of raclette, but it is quite the unique thing to have on a buffet. I miss when the Hunter's Grill served meat on a skewer back in the day. It was the best!

Edit: I just looked at the app for the Hunter's Grill menu and no carving station is listed. You currently have "Roasted Chicken Tight", "Duckling Fillet", "Sauteed Lamb", "Roasted Salmon" and a "Fish of the day" listed for main courses.

Raclette station!?!?!?
It wasn't there last time I went to that restaurant (more than 10 years ago). I know which restaurant to book my next visit!
Thanks!

I hope your kids can branch out and try different foods. The last time we were in France my daughter was enjoying escargot while the kids sitting across from us were whining that the pizza wasn’t like home. We’ve always made her try new stuff and now she loves rabbit, anchovies, snails and mussels. Her older sisters, my step daughters are so much pickier. Good luck.

The buffets at Disneyland Paris are not what you'd expect to see at Walt Disney World or even in the US. I lucked into a priority seating for Pym's in Avengers Campus in Paris last october and it was delicious, but very unusual. One large difference is that there are no carving stations and if you know where to look, you can find amazing dishes and ingredients, For example, the tomato/mozzarella salad has real, straight from Italy, Mozzarella di Bufala, which costs a fortune as an appetizer in top end restaurants in the US.

I've recently had dinner at the Hotel Cheyenne Chuckwagon Cafe (very good), Hotel New-York Downtown Restaurant (amazing, best buffet I've ever had) and Pym's. Hotel Cheyenne was really good and at a decent pricing point too.
Oh that's interesting. I will look at those for sure.

I hope your kids can branch out and try different foods. The last time we were in France my daughter was enjoying escargot while the kids sitting across from us were whining that the pizza wasn’t like home. We’ve always made her try new stuff and now she loves rabbit, anchovies, snails and mussels. Her older sisters, my step daughters are so much pickier. Good luck.
I hope so, too. I have one kid who is pretty willing to try stuff, one who is getting better, and one who may starve to death. The good news is that they are all more willing to try stuff if Disney serves it to them than if I do.

I believe Sequoia Lodge is undergoing construction in 2024. Rumors are it will occur shortly after DL Hotel reopens in early 2024

I believe Sequoia Lodge is undergoing construction in 2024. Rumors are it will occur shortly after DL Hotel reopens in early 2024
I have heard the same. I'll probably book it any way. I figure best case scenario I get a refurbished room and worst case scenario I get moved.

Yeah, but what if they move you to a resort that you don't like?
Well then I suppose I would be unhappy, but I figure a) I'd be even more unhappy if I was staying at a different resort and sequoia was perfectly open and available, b) the only resort I'd really hate to be at is Davy Crockett, and c) if Disney can't honor my reservation, I suspect they would give me something comparable or better.

Well then I suppose I would be unhappy, but I figure a) I'd be even more unhappy if I was staying at a different resort and sequoia was perfectly open and available, b) the only resort I'd really hate to be at is Davy Crockett, and c) if Disney can't honor my reservation, I suspect they would give me something comparable or better.
If they have something like this, they usually upgrade. They will not do Davy Crockett as they do not provide transportation from the ranch to the parks. You need your own transportation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter