Parents of the Class of 2019

@soccerdad72 Yeah, can't see the pic either- can you fix?

Survived our soccer game/family dinner/grad party/choir concert weekend. Her party was great, lots of guests and the mac & cheese bar went well. The choir concert that I mentioned above at 7 was actually at 6 so at 5:00 sharp we cleaned up the church real fast. Great concert, of course her last, but she didn't cry, surprisingly. Still lots more events this week but they will all be easier (on me) now that the reception is over with.

This morning she got out of the car and said "This is your last drop off ever, bye!" She has one more day but needs to drive tomorrow.

She read her commencement speech to DD20 & DD20's boyfriend, they said it was great. I don't get to hear it until the ceremony.

She's been doing Senior Sunday pics on Instagram. Yesterday's caption was "How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard." (Winnie the Pooh) I loved that.

Question: Her 5th grade teacher gave her a card and in the bottom inside corner was written "$10". But there was no money in it. Do we ask her about it? If we do nothing, then she'll wonder why she didn't get a thank you...

Hmmm... I still can't see the picture. (The original post of the picture just says "" where the picture should be. If you reposted it in your most recent reply, I don't see anything to indicate that a picture might be attached.

Bjscheel -- Oh... I *hate* when stuff like that happens (with the card from the teacher.) I never know what to do either.

Question: Her 5th grade teacher gave her a card and in the bottom inside corner was written "$10". But there was no money in it. Do we ask her about it? If we do nothing, then she'll wonder why she didn't get a thank you...
Well, that's awkward. Not sure what I'd do.

DS had his prom this weekend. He was set up with a date, but she was super outgoing and easy to talk to, so he had fun.

Classes are done and his last AP exam is tomorrow. Then he just has a presentation for his senior service project. Graduation is the 23rd. Can’t believe how time is flying by.

Soccerdad, I can see your pic...great pic!

This is DS' last week of school. They have a service day tomorrow and then classes the rest of the week. He has a couple of regular tests to take and needs to squeak out a couple more points so he doesn't have to take the English final. He hasn't started on his commencement speech yet. I'm starting to get nervous, but he will pull it off.

As to the awkward card, write back “thank you for remembering me at graduation” - covers a small gift or just a card!

Perfect! Then she can add something about a memory from class instead of the typical "I will use the money for college blah blah blah". Thanks!

View attachment 400518 Dd had Prom this weekend, she had a blast an even won a mini Keurig to take to college

Pretty! DD was irritated that the dorm-type prizes at prom were going to freshmen guests. Apparently in the past seniors would get priority on the drawings somehow but not this year. She won a free pizza coupon. She used it last week as her contribution to a pizza lunch with the seniors in her lunch block.

I can see the photo now, too! :) I love it.

Just as an interesting (to me) aside, photographer Phillipe Halsman popularized those "jump shot" photos. He used to do it to get his subjects to loosen up and perfect his camera settings. I did a report on him in a college photography class: http://philippehalsman.com/?image=jumps

Hooray to everyone who won prizes at prom. (I do not know if ours offers prizes since my son didn't go either year!) It does seem like seniors should get priority on prizes over guests! They are supposed to have prizes at Wednesday's senior picnic, but you must be present to win... and DS will miss half of the picnic due to an AP Exam.

Our after prom only gave prizes to seniors. Underclassmen dates or dates from other schools weren't eligible. The main prizes were TVs and Best Buy gift cards ($100). Every senior, though, at the end of the night got a blanket that said the name of their school and Class of 2019. That, plus a GC to Bed, Bath and Beyond for $20. :thumbsup2 Considering after prom tickets were only $20, they made out pretty well. :)

AP Calc tomorrow and a couple more days of mostly meaningless classes, then finals next week. :)

DS had his play Friday and Saturday, they did very well. He has a concert Monday and Sunday is the FFA banquet.
Earlier I was moaning he had seemed to be chill in his college dual level calc class he text me his final grade is an A.
Thursday is AP stats. The schoolyear is rushing to a close.

DS had his play Friday and Saturday, they did very well. He has a concert Monday and Sunday is the FFA banquet.
Earlier I was moaning he had seemed to be chill in his college dual level calc class he text me his final grade is an A.
Thursday is AP stats. The schoolyear is rushing to a close.
I’m really annoyed with AP stats and track, dd16 and dd18 have a county track meet on Thursday, and both have the AP stat exam. Dd16 runs the 100, 200, 400 and 4 x 4, dd18 the 400 and 4 x 4, and there is a really good chance dd16 will miss the 100. As it is, both will miss the bus and need a ride. Sorry, just venting, school ends the end of June but still so much going on (dd16 is also missing a soccer game Thursday because of the track meet).

Well, as of today DD is officially done with classes. She has AP tests today and tomorrow, and then her Physics final to take but that's outside of class because she's missing it due to an AP test today. She has senior checkout on Friday to make sure all of their fees are paid, school property returned, etc., and then graduation next Friday!

DD did get an e-mail from the Biology department head at UMASS asking if she's interested in getting her masters in biology and if so, to please set up an appointment with him. She's going to reply that she can meet with him on the parent's orientation day in July after her orientation, or they could do a Skype meeting. I find that interesting because of their 5 year Masters program. With her AP credits and dual enrollment she is pretty much going into UMASS as a sophomore, and could conceivably complete a masters in 4 years!

soccerdad, that's a great picture! Your son looks good, and the guy on the far right just being so casual jumping cracked me up.

TB'swidow, your daughter is beautiful, and that dress is awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter