Paradise Pier hotel

AuntieKels

Mouseketeer
How are people enjoying or not enjoying their stays at Paradise Pier?

The new walkway piques my interest, but I haven't seen many reactions to using it. I thought the pool was recently renovated but the pictures on the website look exactly like the old pool. Is the construction noise bad?

We're considering a November stay there.

Thanks!

We just stayed last week. The room was quiet. We had a park view. The room was pretty worn out though. The furniture has seen better days. The biggest issue we had was with the elevators. It’s a known issue and take quite some time for an elevator. Especially at busy times. We really loved the walkway to DCA. So nice!! And so fast through security. We also loved being able to use our key card to access the GCH to cut through to DTD and go to Disneyland. Still shocked they don’t have any food options. The store in the lobby is open. Front desk was weird about explaining the food from DTD restaurants, saying they might deliver it or might not. We didn’t try that, so not really sure how that is working right now.

We just stayed last week. The room was quiet. We had a park view. The room was pretty worn out though. The furniture has seen better days. The biggest issue we had was with the elevators. It’s a known issue and take quite some time for an elevator. Especially at busy times. We really loved the walkway to DCA. So nice!! And so fast through security. We also loved being able to use our key card to access the GCH to cut through to DTD and go to Disneyland. Still shocked they don’t have any food options. The store in the lobby is open. Front desk was weird about explaining the food from DTD restaurants, saying they might deliver it or might not. We didn’t try that, so not really sure how that is working right now.
Thanks for the feedback!

Did you early entry or rope drop DCA? And what do you mean you used your card to cut through GCH?

Thanks for the feedback!

Did you early entry or rope drop DCA? And what do you mean you used your card to cut through GCH?
We missed early entry by a couple days! It started Monday and we were there Friday and sat.

If you cross the street to get to the private DCA entrance, you can also go straight to the GCH instead. But there is a locked gate. And you need your key card to enter. For awhile, they weren’t allowing PPH guests to enter through that gate. But now they are. So if you are headed to Disneyland you can enter the GCH and go out to DTD and walk to Disneyland. Where before you had to go around to the DLH and enter DTD and walk to Disneyland. Cutting through the grand shaves a little bit of that time off. ☺️

If we are staying at the GCH, remind me if we can use this entrance to DCA, and if so, how do I get to it from inside the GCH (hotel rooms area, we are not staying DVC).

We just returned today(stayed at Paradise Pier). Despite what the sign says, any Disney hotel guest key will work to open both the GCH gate across from Paradise Pier and the new entrance to DCA.
How was the pool and lack of food options? Do you feel like early entry made it worth it?

We had a 1 bedroom suite on the 15th floor overlooking the park. We were 5 adults and having 2 bathrooms was very nice for getting ready.
It was hard not having restaurants open and I won't stay there until things open up.
Disneyland Early Entry was amazing! DCA not so great as Incredicoaster was down and nothing else open in that area. We did go on Soarin' and that was it. 2 members of our party were not able to ride Guardians due to Motion sickness.
The pool is VERY small. The slide looked fun but it was closed in the evening when we went. During the day they were handing out Cold water bottles probably due to the heat.

To be honest I stayed there last July and won't stay there again. Like the other person stated the hotel is dated. We could feel the springs in the mattress. So it was a very uncomfortable stay. You pay these expensive rates to get a bed from like a motel 6 no thanks! Disney offered me a $200 refund which didnt come until a year later which took me calling several times to actually get the refund. Completely ridiculous! I also didn't like the elevators. They don't have floor selection numbers inside of them. You select the floor you want and the elevator selects who is to go into that elevator. It's not capable of configuring if there is a scooter or people with strollers which leaves some people waiting forever to get on the elevator. Its just not well planned out. And the lack of dining is also not great. We booked our next stay at DLH and absolutely loved it! We've booked 2 more times since then. The pools and large hot tubs are great and I also like that you can order drinks while at the pool also.

My GD 15 and I were there last week Tues-Fri, Theme Park View on the 11th floor. The elevators were a little confusing, but once a CM explained it to us it was easy. We didn't have problems with the elevators being slow. But were mentally repared for that. We were usually at the elevator in the morning by 6:45am and on our way to DGC and DTD entrance. This worked great for going to DL and DCA first thing in the morning. Wed, Thurs worked easily for this ...... Fri was a disaster as they didn't open the security into DTD or Grizzly River entrance til 7:30am. Massive build up of guests waiting to enter both entrances. Fri it wasted over 1/2 of our Early Entry time. Extremely frustrating. We got food at GCH Craftsman Grill counter serve to have in our room. Very convenient when leaving DCA through the Grizzly River exit / entrance. We could have ordered food from our room from 2 DTD restaurants, but we didn't use that option. Easy access to GCH from PPH was easy with our room key card. Using the new DCA entry / exit for resort guests was great. We were told they opened at 8am and not to use it for early entry. I had a deja vu feeling as the room was exactly as the last time my GD and I stayed there when she was 3 1/2. The room seemed fresh and clean. We had no complaints. Housekeeping cleaned, made beds, emptied trash, fresh towels on our 3rd day. We didn't request it and was surprised they did this. I'm not one that wants or needs Housekeeping. I will usually catch housekeeping staff in the hall and they'll get clean towels, coffee, take the trash etc. The rest I would rather do myself. Looking forward to the new theming of Pixar at this hotel. The view is spectacular and CM's there were awesome !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter