• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pandora Annual Passholder Event

Gold APs, no email. My DH got a DVC email (not me) and we got in on that (would have rather seen it at night but oh well!). My mom did not get the DVC email, we forwarded ours to her.

Gold APs, no email. My DH got a DVC email (not me) and we got in on that (would have rather seen it at night but oh well!). My mom did not get the DVC email, we forwarded ours to her.

the "night slot" was 6-8pm. It's not going to be dark for any previews so you didn't miss out on that.

DH & I have platinum passes, we are out of town. I do all the booking on my MDE account. I have it linked to our primary email address.i do get most emails no problem. I have DH's pass linked to an old AOL email that I only check occasionally. I never got the email to my account but after reading this thread, I went & checked the AOL account. Yep, there was an email inviting him to the preview. :sad2: Don't know how I missed the info here on the Dis. May 13 is the last day of our vacation, so we could only have done that morning anyway. Still, annoying to know we could have gone if we had known. Gotta wait til December now.

the "night slot" was 6-8pm. It's not going to be dark for any previews so you didn't miss out on that.

Sunset on my day is 8:12 pm, so between the thick foliage, high rocks, large buildings etc I think Pandora will be very dusky and the lights will have to have come on by time my 6-8 pm is done. Hoping for slight peek as to what lights up at night.

Sunset on my day is 8:12 pm, so between the thick foliage, high rocks, large buildings etc I think Pandora will be very dusky and the lights will have to have come on by time my 6-8 pm is done. Hoping for slight peek as to what lights up at night.

I'm kind of hoping i'm wrong but i figured plan for the worst..

I personally don't think it's going to be 3,000 people per time slot. People are going off that because on the confirmation it'll say like "Confirmation number 90,438".

I think those numbers are just generated numbers and don't mean you're the 90k person to reserve tickets. And also I doubt it would take into account the number of tickets you booked and correlate that in adding it to the confirmation number
also Touring Plans claims 100000 for the 10 days of APs have registered
dont know how they got that number

im DVC and gold AP and never got a thing
saw it on twitter registered and got the confirmation in about 3 minutes

Exactly why I chose the 6-8 time slot as well. It won't be completely dark, but it won't be nearly as bright as earlier in the day so I'm sure we'll see some lights on.

also Touring Plans claims 100000 for the 10 days of APs have registered
dont know how they got that number

I think that is where the number is coming from. I take no stock in their estimate. We registered immediately, had our complete choice of days and times and our confirmation number is in the 90,000 range. I do not believe that means 90,000 plus had already registered.

Disney will want folks to be able to ride both rides, hopefully spend money and explore the restaurant etc, wander a bit to take pictures then leave giving glowing reports ... all within the 2 hours. This is also practice run for all CMs and the last thing they want is the place overwhelmed and have glitches.

I do wonder though if the fact that I already had a resort reservation for that week is why I got the email? Could they have prioritized AP holders who would be staying there first, and then other AP holders? I know there are hundreds more AP holders than they had slots for, so they must have had some random way of sending out the emails, and they may have stopped the emails when the slots were full which would explain why not everyone received one. They also may not have taken into account how quickly the news would spread online and how many people would sign up that way.

I found out from a site I follow on Facebook early in the morning and they had a link directly to the registration. I do have a vacation booked for the first day the preview starts, but I did not receive my email regarding registration until Saturday along with my confirmation email that I am going to the Pandora event.

I think that is where the number is coming from. I take no stock in their estimate. We registered immediately, had our complete choice of days and times and our confirmation number is in the 90,000 range. I do not believe that means 90,000 plus had already registered.

Disney will want folks to be able to ride both rides, hopefully spend money and explore the restaurant etc, wander a bit to take pictures then leave giving glowing reports ... all within the 2 hours. This is also practice run for all CMs and the last thing they want is the place overwhelmed and have glitches.

I registered around 10:30 am (Looking at my screenshot because I never got an email saying it was open, nor an email with the confirmation page) and I'm in the 99,7k range. And I know it was still open for at least another hour, maybe even 2 after I signed up (And still open a day later for DVC). So I HIGHLY doubt if the cap was 100k people, that 99,700 signed up within the 1-2 hours before me that it was open, and then it took another 1-2 hours for 300 more people to sign up (not including DVC members). The 100k people estimate broken down to 3k people per time slot just doesn't add up imo.

While I think it'll be fairly busy during each time slot, I don't think it'll be slam packed and I really can't see more than 2k people per slot.

I registered around 10:30 am (Looking at my screenshot because I never got an email saying it was open, nor an email with the confirmation page) and I'm in the 99,7k range. And I know it was still open for at least another hour, maybe even 2 after I signed up (And still open a day later for DVC). So I HIGHLY doubt if the cap was 100k people, that 99,700 signed up within the 1-2 hours before me that it was open, and then it took another 1-2 hours for 300 more people to sign up (not including DVC members). The 100k people estimate broken down to 3k people per time slot just doesn't add up imo.

While I think it'll be fairly busy during each time slot, I don't think it'll be slam packed and I really can't see more than 2k people per slot.
agreed

Does anyone know if there will be another DVC preview event for Pandora the week before it officially opens? I am aware of the AP event. I will be at WDW that week and hope to see it!

We are there early May and I am checking everday because I too am on the email list that got crumpled up and thrown down the Roger Rabbit drain. :oops: Hoping they do more about then.

we call them staycations.
Last week, during my DD16 spring break we stayed at Cabana Bay resort at Universal for 3 nights, my son works at Universal and gets a terrific rate on rooms. We did a Disney staycation during SWW once, another on Mother's Day a couple of years ago...it's always fun to get out of your house and stay inside the "bubble"

That's exactly it - I like the whole bubble experience. It often works out to be a very reasonably priced trip, as I already have the ticket to get in, and there are zero transportation costs to get there. The vacation time where I work is the use it or lose it variety, and I have six weeks to use. So I do 3-4 weeks at WDW (spread out, not all at once) and the rest to other destinations.

To the posters speculating that previous resort stays might have contributed to getting the email, my sister and her husband have been additional guests on my reservations occasionally but have never booked a room in their own names. So I am still not sure what criteria they used.

Has anybody still not gotten their email confirmation? I signed up at 10:30 on Friday, but have not received the confirmation email yet (and did not take a screenshot, either). I have called several times, and keep being told I will either get an email or phone call within 48 hours, but that hasn't happened either. I was told today that the department handling the previews (Guest experiences? - guest services agent was not positive) does not have a phone number, so all guest services can do is send them an email - they have done that twice. I have also talked to the passholder group and internet help group, but nobody can help me! Is anybody in the same boat? And does anybody know how to find anything out?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter