Pan Pacific vs. Fairmont Waterfront vs Fairmont Pacific Rim

I did not book through DCL. I booked through Amex travel. I get some perks for doing that as a cardholder.

You probably will get a better price if you do it on your own and price shop.

We usually book hotel on our own as opposed to DCL but the Fairmont Waterfront is $566 through DCL and I am having a hard time finding prices better than that for Fairmont. Is there any benefit to booking through DCL vs. on your own other than price?
I originally booked the fairmont waterfront with them. But then reading through the forum I changed mine to Pan Pacific Vancouver since it's a lot cheaper and closer to port. If you have your heart set of fairmont waterfront then it is a lot cheaper booking with DCL since when I looked at Fairmont Waterfront's main website it's more expensive rate than booking with DCL.

How early do you book your rooms? We sail next year, but I am not one to leave things until the last minute in most cases.

I book when the date becomes available. Then every so often I will take a look at the website. If I find the price cheaper then I will either revise the reservation to get the lower price, or cancel and rebook.

I originally booked the fairmont waterfront with them. But then reading through the forum I changed mine to Pan Pacific Vancouver since it's a lot cheaper and closer to port. If you have your heart set of fairmont waterfront then it is a lot cheaper booking with DCL since when I looked at Fairmont Waterfront's main website it's more expensive rate than booking with DCL.
That is exactly what I am finding out. And Pan Pacific is so much cheaper than FW. I am not wedded to FW so will look at different options. I have never heard of Amex travel but will explore. I would guess it is like Chase Visa Vacations?

That is exactly what I am finding out. And Pan Pacific is so much cheaper than FW. I am not wedded to FW so will look at different options. I have never heard of Amex travel but will explore. I would guess it is like Chase Visa Vacations?

If those are vacations you book through chase having a chase card, then yes. I'm getting a food credit, free breakfast, extra points and some other perks.

Pan Pacific and Fairmont Waterfront are in fact right across the street from each other. PP is on top of the cruise terminal so is a tiny bit closer. Both are high end hotels so I wouldn’t hesitate to choose the cheaper option.

Thoughts...
All hotels are premium priced for the experience and cruise convenience. Value travellers will be looking at the Blue Horizon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter