Pan Pacific vs. Fairmont Waterfront vs Fairmont Pacific Rim

Tasmen

Crazy Cat Lady
Have another hotel booked but am considering switching to one of the waterfront hotels for our cruise at the end of September.

We will be staying overnight (arriving via train in the early afternoon and sailing out the next morning). It will also be my anniversary the day we arrive (thus part of the thinking around the change).

Online they all look good so...

Looking for recommendations/opinions on the the Pan Pacific, Fairmont Waterfront and Fairmont Pacific Rim hotels in Vancouver.

We stayed at the Pacific Rim and loved it. They'll shuttle one of you and your bags to the port while the other one walks down the street (or did for use 2 years ago). Can't beat the Pan Pacific for its location.

Short answer is I think you'll be happy either way!

I also think you'd be happy with any of those - they are all excellent hotels. Fairmont Waterfront is directly across the street from Pan Pacific.

I've never stayed at the Pan Pacific, but both of the Fairmonts are fine. Expensive, but super convenient. Both deluxe hotels with deluxe amenities.

We stayed at the Pan Pacific and loved it. They offered an Alaska Cruise special which included breakfast, free wifi and late check-out.

Have another hotel booked but am considering switching to one of the waterfront hotels for our cruise at the end of September.

We will be staying overnight (arriving via train in the early afternoon and sailing out the next morning). It will also be my anniversary the day we arrive (thus part of the thinking around the change).

Online they all look good so...

Looking for recommendations/opinions on the the Pan Pacific, Fairmont Waterfront and Fairmont Pacific Rim hotels in Vancouver.
We loved staying at the Fairmont Waterfront. Booked a car service through them to pick us up at the airport, and that was a nice experience- the driver was friendly and so knowledgeable that the drive in was a great introduction to Vancouver. The room was great. Service was great. We had a view of the Disney Wonder as she pulled in, then she docked right in front of us. We had a nice breakfast in the room looking down on her. The hotel is right across the street from the port, so it was easy to spend the morning at Canada Place & do Fly Over Canada, then return to the hotel for our bags before checking out & walking across the street to the port.

Last edited:
I was hoping to get the Pan Pacific through Hotwire's "Surprise Me" deal ... I ended up with the Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver instead. It's still pretty close, so not too disappointed.

We stayed in Pan Pacific before last year’s RCCL’s Vancouver to Hawaii Cruise, and we liked it so much we are staying there after DVC Member Cruise this year for the two nights before our Princess cruise to Alaska. The convenience of having them bringing your luggage to the ship on embarkation day is wonderful. We had a friend with us who needed a wheelchair, they provided that service.

We did join their club, I think it does give some benefits.

I was hoping to get the Pan Pacific through Hotwire's "Surprise Me" deal ... I ended up with the Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver instead. It's still pretty close, so not too disappointed.

I love Sutton Place. Terrific little location with cinema, grocery store, wine store, yoga studio all inside a block. Very close to Robson street for shopping, Lush, crepes. And unless something has changed there’s a Japadog cart right outside.

Quick cab ride to the port, though you could walk if you really felt like it.

Oh and there is (or was, last I was up there) a Tesla showroom close by as well.

Lastly, one of the last times I was at Sutton I noticed a little entourage at the checkin desk. It was a band playing locally that night, headed by Sean Lennon. So, that was cool. Not disappointed with my choice of hotel, that was for sure.

LOL. I am more conflicted than ever now! Thank you all for your replies.

The Pan Pacific was wonderful for us because of our unique circumstances. My daughter is disabled, so even scheduling the correct kind of transportation that can accommodate her wheelchair can be a challenge. We were able to pre-ship a bunch of her medical supplies to the hotel, and when they arrived more than a week before we did, the hotel stored them at no charge to us, then brought them to our room. I cannot say enough about the ability to simply leave our luggage outside of our hotel room, then have it show up in our stateroom. I found the convenience and the accommodations to be well worth the cost, and, truthfully, for us it was only $50 than some of the other nearby hotels. We loved everything about it and would stay there again in a heartbeat. Plus the native artwork there in the hotel and in the port are extraordinary!

We stayed at Fairmont Waterfront, loved walking out to see the Disney Wonder docked early in the morning and then easy to walk to for boarding later in the day.We had a great walk to Stanley Park the day before our cruise.

We stayed at Pan Pacific last year on a cruise/breakfast special. It was terrific watching the ship come in from the hotel pool area and the breakfast was fantastic with the ship sitting right outside our window while we ate. Super convenient for boarding, too. It's also a very walkable distance to some great restaurants and a liquor store if you want to stock up on wine or beer before boarding.

How early do you book your rooms? We sail next year, but I am not one to leave things until the last minute in most cases.

How early do you book your rooms? We sail next year, but I am not one to leave things until the last minute in most cases.

We are staying at the Pan Pacific and I booked 7 months out for our July cruise and had my pick of room categories. It was some sort of early bird pre-pay and save deal. Last month, our flight got changed so we are arriving a whole day earlier and needed to add another night ... the room category we booked 7 months ago was sold out online, but an agent at the hotel was able to find us a room in the same category for the additional night.

We’ve stayed at the waterfront before and it was fabulous - super convenient.
We are opting for the pan Pacific in August just for the novelty of being at Canada place.
Don’t think you could go wrong with either choice - all of them have unbeatable locations!!

[QUOTE="Tasmen, post: 60595268, member: 129326"t the morning of and ]LOL. I am more conflicted than ever now! Thank you all for your replies.[/QUOTE]
We stayed at the Fairmont waterfront, before we were scarcely out of the taxi they were telling us that they would take our luggage to the ship for us. We had a lovely breakfast and it was so nice just to walk across the street to the ship

We usually book hotel on our own as opposed to DCL but the Fairmont Waterfront is $566 through DCL and I am having a hard time finding prices better than that for Fairmont. Is there any benefit to booking through DCL vs. on your own other than price?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter