Palo Dinner Question

Debonna

Mouseketeer
This may be a dumb question.... I know that the Palo dinner menu is either prix fixe or a la carte. So if DH and I just want to go and have a glass of wine, a pasta course, and dessert, is that okay? We're going for brunch the next morning but would like to try a couple of the items on the dinner menu as well.

This may be a dumb question.... I know that the Palo dinner menu is either prix fixe or a la carte. So if DH and I just want to go and have a glass of wine, a pasta course, and dessert, is that okay? We're going for brunch the next morning but would like to try a couple of the items on the dinner menu as well.
I don’t see any problem with this myself, since they have the a la carte menu options. They will add the 18% autogratuity. You may add additional gratuity for your server if you choose to do so. We have always had exemplary service for our Palo meals, and add extra to reflect that fact.

So if DH and I just want to go and have a glass of wine, a pasta course, and dessert, is that okay?
That's pretty much the definition of a la carte. Perfectly OK.

Clarification/question …
Palo is $50 per person… so, if you do the fixed menu it’s $50, correct? If you do the a la carte, it would be $50 plus the a la carte pricing?

Clarification/question …
Palo is $50 per person… so, if you do the fixed menu it’s $50, correct? If you do the a la carte, it would be $50 plus the a la carte pricing?
You get a $50 credit toward dinner. If you opt for the fixed menu, it's covered. If you opt for a la carte, the first $50 is covered and you pay anything above that.

You get a $50 credit toward dinner. If you opt for the fixed menu, it's covered. If you opt for a la carte, the first $50 is covered and you pay anything above that.
Oh!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I’m a newbie at Palo 🤣😂 This will be our 1st time!!
Are there a la carte items that you can combine to be at $50 or is it usually more expensive?
Is the Dover Sole (?) a La carte or fixed?
Wondering if there’s any “better” way to do Palo?

Oh!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I’m a newbie at Palo 🤣😂 This will be our 1st time!!
Are there a la carte items that you can combine to be at $50 or is it usually more expensive?
Is the Dover Sole (?) a La carte or fixed?
Wondering if there’s any “better” way to do Palo?
If you are a first time cruiser, you would not get a $50 credit - that is for pearl and platinum members. You would either pick the fixed menu for $50 per person plus tip, or order what ever you want off the menu and pay the total at the end.

To the OP, our favorite palo server always tried to get us to come to Palo on different nights just for desert and a drink. He said lots of other guests did that, so they must be fine with guests not ordering a full meal!

Last edited:
If you are a first time cruiser, you would not get a $50 credit - that is for pearl and platinum members. You would either pick the fixed menu for $50 per person plus tip, or order what ever you want off the menu and pay the total at the end.

To the OP, our favorite palo server always tried to get us to come to Palo on different nights just for desert and a drink. He said lots of other guests did that, so they just be fine with guests not ordering a full meal!
Confused … not first time cruisers… first time to Palo. Since we are gold, we would pay the $50 PLUS the price of the a la carte if we like that item better? So $50 PLUS $35 for Dover Sole and anything else I get?

Confused … not first time cruisers… first time to Palo. Since we are gold, we would pay the $50 PLUS the price of the a la carte if we like that item better? So $50 PLUS $35 for Dover Sole and anything else I get?
No. If you go to Palo, you'll be ordering off the regular menu. Everything listed on the menu under the "Prezzo Fisso" section is the fixed price - you pay $50 and can select one item from each category.

If you go a la carte, you pay whatever the price is for the individual items.

Sorry for the confusion, I thought you were asking as a Platinum/Pearl CC member.

Last edited:
No. If you go to Palo, you'll be ordering off the regular menu. Everything listed on the menu under the "Prezzo Fisso" section is the fixed price - you pay $50 and can select one item from each category.

If you go a la carte, you pay whatever the price is for the individual items.
Thanks again! I understood what you said earlier … I was confused by the other person and their answer!

Last edited:
Sorry to be a pain … I understood your first answer and it sounds like that’s what you’re saying here … my $50 charge takes care of the “Prezzo Fisso” … if I decide that night I want to do a la carte instead, Palo will use my $50 until I go over it and then I pay the extra, correct?
No, If you are a Platinum or Pearl CC member, you receive a $50 credit to be used at Palo. It can be used on the fixed price menu as full payment for the meal, or used toward what the cost of an a la carte menu meal costs (you pay whatever cost it is above $50).

If you are not Platinum or Pearl, you can opt to pay $50 and receive the fixed price meal (one item from each category) OR you can pay the cost of each item from the a la cart menu (no additional $50 cost).

To the OP, our favorite palo server always tried to get us to come to Palo on different nights just for desert and a drink. He said lots of other guests did that, so they must be fine with guests not ordering a full meal!
Please disregard previous post … I get what you were meaning by “credit” now. Thanks!

No, If you are a Platinum or Pearl CC member, you receive a $50 credit to be used at Palo. It can be used on the fixed price menu as full payment for the meal, or used toward what the cost of an a la carte menu meal costs (you pay whatever cost it is above $50).

If you are not Platinum or Pearl, you can opt to pay $50 and receive the fixed price meal (one item from each category) OR you can pay the cost of each item from the a la cart menu (no additional $50 cost).
I see what the other person was meaning by credit now! Thanks!

Last time I cruised was a B2B. On the first leg I had brunch and on the second leg I had dinner at Palo. I am Platinum. They charged me 18% gratuity at dinner. Does anyone know why? Was it because I did a la carte? I had 1 alcoholic beverage, but the gratuity was on the total bill.

To me brunch was a much better value as I order off menu anyway because I eat vegan. It included an alcoholic drink and it was cheaper even though the total of my dinner before 18% gratuity and extra tip was less than $50.

Last time I cruised was a B2B. On the first leg I had brunch and on the second leg I had dinner at Palo. I am Platinum. They charged me 18% gratuity at dinner. Does anyone know why? Was it because I did a la carte? I had 1 alcoholic beverage, but the gratuity was on the total bill.

To me brunch was a much better value as I order off menu anyway because I eat vegan. It included an alcoholic drink and it was cheaper even though the total of my dinner before 18% gratuity and extra tip was less than $50.
Yes, it was because you did a la carte. The gratuity is included in the $50 prix fixe menu (and also in the $50 brunch pricing), but the 18% autogratuity is added for all items not part of the prix fixe pricing. That includes all alcohol yand bottled water as well as the a la carte food you might order at dinner.

Just as a clarification OP said they were going to PALO for brunch and dinner. If I remember correctly they will get one $50 credit that can be used for either the brunch or the dinner. They will not have a credit for both brunch and dinner. Also correct me if I am wrong but I do not see prices on the brunch menu and I have not been to brunch in awhile but I am guessing brunch is a flat $50 while dinner has al a carte prices so you would not need to spend $50 worth of a la carte at dinner.

Just as a clarification OP said they were going to PALO for brunch and dinner. If I remember correctly they will get one $50 credit that can be used for either the brunch or the dinner. They will not have a credit for both brunch and dinner. Also correct me if I am wrong but I do not see prices on the brunch menu and I have not been to brunch in awhile but I am guessing brunch is a flat $50 while dinner has al a carte prices so you would not need to spend $50 worth of a la carte at dinner.
OP said they are gold level, they get no $50 perk at Palo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter