• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Paint the Night Blue Bayou packages

When we did it right after it first came out the BB spots were right by Carnation Cafe and made it easier and there was a line able to be formed , however I will admit it was other non paying guests trying their best to sneak under or play dumb that gave CM's the hardest time. I think maybe they moved it as it would be easier to keep the non package guests at bay however now it has it's own issues. Things like this always have a learning curve unfortunately guests more and more feel if they pay for something they are MORE entitled often giving the hard working CM's the worst time. Providing feedback on experiences is important and I would definitely relay it.

We did the package tonight, food was good, we did a special Star Wars Cake for my sons birthday through Disney dining, it worked out great the brought it out, boxed up the left overs. Anyway the important part...
There was a CM at the reserved area when I cruised by at 7:20 and they actually started a line!!
They put up a lighted sign and taped off a start point for package members to line up. The line formed in the circle infront of the train station. So much nicer than what I witnessed on Tuesday. It was orderly, they let everyone in at 8:20, no pushing, no yelling, no name calling...such a relief. I hope they keep this process up and I'd gladly to the package again.

Our family did the BB PTN package last Sunday (22nd). I was hesitant because of the new location, but I am really glad I didn't cancel it. I have wanted to eat at BB since I was little and went with my family--so this has been on my bucket list forever. Our reservation was for 5:50 and we got there a little after 5:30. We requested waterside and were told it would be 20-30 minutes. We asked for a buzzer and explored New Orleans. There were two adorable (high school?) couples getting their portraits done and it was really fun checking on the progress between shopping. It was close to 30 minutes when the buzzer went off, but it was worth it when we were led to a table waterside in the left middle area. It was the perfect table and my girls were so happy to just quietly color and sip lemonade. My husband and I ordered the Surf and Turf, while my girls (5 and 8) got the mac and cheese and the pasta with chicken. The meal was really good (and I'm picky about quality) though it did seem like too much food and the dessert was mediocre. But the atmosphere can't be beat, we will definitely dine there again. I was surprised to hear my husband say that even if the parade seating isn't good, it was still worth it for the enjoyable meal.

After we left, I rode BTMRR with my oldest (using a baby swap we got in the morning) before heading to the Main Street Cinema—love that place—before lining up at 8:07 for the parade seating. There was already a line (we were told to come back at 8:10-8:15) but luckily there was still curbside available. We set up a blanket with girls in front of us to wait for the parade. I actually really liked the location. There were very few people walking by in front of us so it was kind of mellow. It was easy to get to the bathroom. Also the ground felt really clean there, like it had been powerwashed and swept right before we sat down. Weird observation I know, but it was nice since we were sitting there so long. The parade got to us at 9:00. Not every character waved at us but one dancer came over and interacted with the girls and all the princesses blew kisses. The best was Olaf. My daughter loves him and was waving frantically at him. He pointed his hands right at her and then hugged himself. She was over the moon at her hug from Olaf. When the parade was done, we turned around and walked toward main street. We ducked under the ropes that rope off the walkway the separates the bottom of the wedge from the rest of the square(where the big Christmas tree is during the holidays). It was perfect for me and the kids. We had the planter in front of us so we could easily see over the heads of people. We had the castle centered in front of us. We could see the projections, but they didn't distract from the fireworks which I think is the best part anyway. At the end it was so easy to turn around and head back to the hotel--no fighting the crowds.

So basically it was the perfect evening. And it was so worth it not to stress about finding a good seat. If anyone has any questions, I am happy to answer them.
Hello!

We are first time Disneyland goers and planning a trip. PTN is a priority for us as is the fireworks show. We have one four year old and two adults. We don't want to have to stake out a spot super early and ask our young child to sit for hours. Would you recommend this for BOTH the parade and the fireworks with a short child. I don't want to end up seeing the parade and then missing the projections for the fireworks. We will only have one night in Disneyland and want to set ourselves up as best as possible. Thoughts?

We were able to make our way up Main Street after the parade to see the projections for the fireworks. We made it about 1/3 of the way and maybe could have gone further. We walked in the middle of the street, but I think we could have walked down the sidewalk and ducked into the street further up. I have a 4 and 5 year old. We held them on our hips for the fireworks so they could see. Some people had their kids on their shoulders- but we don't hold our kids higher than adult height out of respect for those behind us. We also did not use a stroller. If you plan to use a stroller, I would park it for the parade and fireworks. It would have been MUCH harder to get a spot with a stroller as we were navigating through people leaving and standing further back.

We were able to make our way up Main Street after the parade to see the projections for the fireworks. We made it about 1/3 of the way and maybe could have gone further. We walked in the middle of the street, but I think we could have walked down the sidewalk and ducked into the street further up. I have a 4 and 5 year old. We held them on our hips for the fireworks so they could see. Some people had their kids on their shoulders- but we don't hold our kids higher than adult height out of respect for those behind us. We also did not use a stroller. If you plan to use a stroller, I would park it for the parade and fireworks. It would have been MUCH harder to get a spot with a stroller as we were navigating through people leaving and standing further back.
Good advice! We feel exactly the same way about kids on shoulders in the parks. She knows not to even ask now because we just don't do it. Did you feel the meal was kid friendly and a good value when considering all the benefits?

Finally, any opinions on WoC fastpass vs. dining package?

Well.... value is a relative term when they got Mac and Cheese- haha! But, yes, we felt it was worth it overall to not have to fight the crowds and know we had a good spot. We made our reservation for a little before we actually wanted to eat and asked to wait for a waterside table. My kids LOVED this and it totally made the experience in the restaurant... and we had the end table next to the serving station! The process of getting into the parade area was a little nuts, but it sounds like they now have a line and that would have improved things 110%. Even with that part, we enjoyed our meal and the parade and fireworks. I would recommend this- especially in the busier season. We saw people reserving spots on Main Street as early as 4:30 and from row was gone by 6:30. When we walked over to the parade area around 7:45, the whole Main st was taken- although I imagine when the 2nd and 3rd rows stood up, there was space behind them. We were a little early so we killed some time in the cartoon theater and went to the area around 8:00- so we only waited about 45 minutes for the parade.

I've never done either with kids, but I have done the Carthay Circle with just adults and enjoyed it. But I also have to think the hype has died down a lot and a regular FP is probably fine.

Hi, I have finally worked out that the package is $62 for 10yr + . I have been trawling everywhere looking - I don't know why they can't make it easier to find on the website, what's the big secret : )
Can someone tell me (I'm from o/seas), is there tax on top of that. And I assume we then have to tip? Is that going to be somewhere in the range of $12 each?
Does the package come with drinks - mint julieps or the like? We did the Fantastic pkg at BB last year & I'm pretty sure it included the drinks?

We wanted to go to BB again anyway but I was originally thinking just for a drink / snack or dessert. We are 2A, 2C - over 10yrs, so it is a little pricey for us particularly with our AUD only at ~ .70c but I'm thinking now maybe we'll just say bugger it and go ahead and do dinner.

I'm looking at a later dinner - 7.30pm - and then we would hopefully get the later PtN? I haven't read many reports (or any perhaps?) of people getting the late PtN with their dinner and how that viewing worked out. Originally we were just going to catch the less crowded 2nd PtN somewhere but if we're going to eat at BB anyway then it seems like a good deal with the surf & turf running at ~$48 anyway? The late PtN appeals as we will be near the exit and as the 2nd parade starts up near there we can then make a quick exit?

Any thoughts would be gratefully received. Thanks

We have the package booked and will likely just make our way up Main Street after PTN to watch the fireworks. Any thoughts on how far up we should go?

Hello all,
I just booked out diner package for 7:30pm. Does anyone know if that would give us sitting for the second parade. I was hoping to see the fireworks first, got do a ride or two and then go back to the sitting area if they do offer the second parade. I was thinking 7:30 would be late dinner for the first parade. Thanks

I called the other day to ask what the timing was for reservations for the first and second parades and was told that reservations starting at 6:20 or later were for the second parade so you should be fine.

Just planned a last minute trip to DL! Anyone cancelling a Blue Bayou package for Thurs July 21? (Of course the only thing currently avail is 9:50 pm)

Sorry if this has been answered already, but do you get a discount on the package if you are an AP? I might have a Premier Passport when I go and any discount would be awesome!

So I've seen Disneyland is closing an hour earlier (bummer) for the week we will be there in August. How will this affect the hours of PTN? My dining res. at BB is for 7:30 PM. With the park closing at 11 PM, I can't see the parade starting at 10:45 PM. Anyone?

Been reading through this thread and it seems like a lot of people try to line up early despite having a ticket to a reserved seating area. Normally, I would do something like this too (I never line up later than 90 minutes before WOC), but on this one I am wondering, what does your position look like if you get there 30 minutes before the parade, OR heck, how about 15 minutes before the parade?? Are you sitting? Standing? Can you still see really well? Does it pack out? I'd really like to just show up before the parade, but if I'm going to get a crummy spot then I will try to get there earlier. Any advice is appreciated!

Been reading through this thread and it seems like a lot of people try to line up early despite having a ticket to a reserved seating area. Normally, I would do something like this too (I never line up later than 90 minutes before WOC), but on this one I am wondering, what does your position look like if you get there 30 minutes before the parade, OR heck, how about 15 minutes before the parade?? Are you sitting? Standing? Can you still see really well? Does it pack out? I'd really like to just show up before the parade, but if I'm going to get a crummy spot then I will try to get there earlier. Any advice is appreciated!

We did the package in February. We were told to arrive half an hour before the parade start time. When we arrived, they had already let people into the area and it was really full. We were really squished into the back. When the parade started, everyone stood and we had a terrible view with everyone standing in front of us, including some very tall people. We had better views just turning up 10 minutes before the parade and finding a different spot along the route. I don't think we would do the package again.

We did the package in February. We were told to arrive half an hour before the parade start time. When we arrived, they had already let people into the area and it was really full. We were really squished into the back. When the parade started, everyone stood and we had a terrible view with everyone standing in front of us, including some very tall people. We had better views just turning up 10 minutes before the parade and finding a different spot along the route. I don't think we would do the package again.
Thank you for this. That is very helpful to know. Looks like we'll be lining up early :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter