• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Paint the Night Blue Bayou packages

Sorcerer Jody

Mouseketeer
I have tentatively booked a dinner reservation for Monday Jan. 11th at the Blue Bayou, as part of the Paint the Night package. I wasn't planning to, as I thought that day may not be too busy, but when checking the times that were left for the reservation, there was only one time slot open! (4:30 pm) So I booked it, and am deciding about whether to keep it. On the website, it states that Blue Bayou diners get preferred viewing for the parade, but it doesn't say where the reserved area is. It does say, however, that it is standing only. From previous visits, I have always sat on the curb for parades - do people not do that for Paint the Night? Is it better to stand (easier to see)? I can't decide whether it would be better to wait longer and then get a seat on a curb, or to not wait but have to stand...? I will have my two children with me, ages 6 & 7. Thanks!

Just remember the parades, Fantasmic, World of Color are open to the public. VIP viewing is not necessarily required. I know people like to do it, I have always done alright with viewing even up to the last minute. Personal gut preference, I side towards not necessarily needed.

I'm not sure on the viewing location, but from seeing the parade, it's best to see it from the curb, but if you aren't willing to wait a couple of hours along the curb, you can still see plenty standing. Only the people on the curb are allowed to sit, so anyone behind them would be up anyway. If you don't care where you are for the fireworks afterward, I'd suggest not doing the reservation and just hanging out over my IASM. If you want to be on Main St. for the fireworks, my best guess is that the reserved area for BB is probably in this area...but that's just a guess. I can see this going 2 ways--either a roped off section of Main St. or the raised area across from IASM (VIPs already get to sit in a small section of that area, so extending it to reserved guests wouldn't be a surprise). Does anyone actually know the viewing locations for sure?

I also signed up for this package in February. Would love to hear from someone that has done this and where the reserved viewing area was. Thanks!

This doesn't start until 1/11, so no reviews will be available until then. I have a reservation over SW Run weekend. I only do it because I was planning on dining at BB.

I will have 2 ECV's in our group. Does anyone know if the Blue Bayou / parade package has accomodations for those in scooters or is there an area specially for scooters for the parade or are those in scooters just blended into the general viewing. Also, am wondering about WOC dining packages and those with scooters.

I just reserved the "Aladdin's Oasis Paint the Night On-The-Go-1st Package" for February 27th. I know these reservation packages are not available until Jan 11th, so as of now there is no first hand experience to be shared on how well they work. We did this for WOC 4 years ago and I found it to be a waste of money given the ability to just pull a fast pass. However, from what I have read, IF the spots around IASW are decent and IF you are allowed to remain in that spot to watch the fireworks, then I think it will be worth it to us. Since our trip is during 10AM-8PM weekday hours, our opportunities to watch the fireworks are limited.

I found this on the Disney Blog though that states where the viewing areas will be for each type of meal, whether this is subject to change though who knows:

"At Blue Bayou Restaurant, the dining package includes a three-course meal. Viewing for the Blue Bayou Restaurant “Paint The Night” parade dining package will be located on Main Street, U.S.A.

With a choice of three entrees, Aladdin’s Oasis dining package will give guests the option of taking their meal to-go or enjoying it in the Aladdin’s Oasis seating area. Parade viewing for Aladdin’s Oasis “Paint The Night” parade dining package will be located near “it’s a small world.”"

Will be great to hear of first hand experiences once they begin.

I signed up for the dinner package at BB, but i honestly didn't see too much about what it actually was...how the menu would work, pricing or the location of reserved seating. Maybe I was just not looking hard enough.

We just had a our first trip as a family to WDW in Nov. and now a surprise trip for my husband and I to DL, but i am finding it much harder to wrap my head around how DL works after all the planning for WDW.

I signed up for the dinner package at BB, but i honestly didn't see too much about what it actually was...how the menu would work, pricing or the location of reserved seating. Maybe I was just not looking hard enough.

We just had a our first trip as a family to WDW in Nov. and now a surprise trip for my husband and I to DL, but i am finding it much harder to wrap my head around how DL works after all the planning for WDW.

Read the Allears dining at DL section and grab a map at the gate and your set to go. That's the beauty of DL. We are heading to WDW next month and can't book any fp's because some of our group are going to buy their tickets at the gate. Not sure how well this is going to go.

Read the Allears dining at DL section and grab a map at the gate and your set to go. That's the beauty of DL. We are heading to WDW next month and can't book any fp's because some of our group are going to buy their tickets at the gate. Not sure how well this is going to go.
We generally go to wdw but all that planning is a lot of work and a little stressful. I'm looking forward to an easier trip at DL... But will miss some of our favorites.

Just letting you know...there is not "reserved seating" in the viewing areas. Both BB and AO offer standing viewing areas only.

We are heading to WDW next month and can't book any fp's because some of our group are going to buy their tickets at the gate.

I would have booked FP+s anyway. If you can add them that day, great. If not, well, either cancel them or go on them while the family goes elsewhere.

If only they would have bought them ahead of time at Undercovertourist. Could have saved themselves some money AND gotten FP+s arrangements.

We have BB PTN booked, too. DH really wants to see the parade, but none of us are good at finding a spot and waiting. We take turns getting super-irritated at other guests, and it all just ends up ruining our time. So we skip such things or catch them as they go by. (except for the Christmas Fantasy Parade...not sure if that exists anymore, but I loved it, just LOVED it, and would wait for that one) But the glimpse we saw in July intrigued him.

So we'll pay the earth for portobello mushrooms (all of us are vegetarian) and hope it's decent (it hasn't been good before) and hope the viewing area is decent... Ohmmmmmmm. :)

DH mentioned last night that he'd
like to eat at BB. I want to see the parade, so I'm thinking of booking the package. We've never done a package before, even for the other shows. When it says 3 course meal, do you get to choose from their menu? Or is it a fixed menu you just get?

If the parade is at 8pm, what time is the latest I should reserve dinner? We are a party of 7, one with food allergies. May take longer for dining?

Thanks for all the info! this has been super helpful. My husband and I have a 6 o'clock reservation, hoping we'll get to the viewing area in time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter