• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Paid FP options coming soon to WDW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think its study....but just being aware of how it works.....it does not take an advanced degree to use FP at the basic level.

You need to learn how to ride on a cruise ship....you just do not walk on.
You need to understand TSA at the airports and the needed documentation to fly.
You need to understand passports if you leave the country , along with a gigantic amount of information on the country you plan to visit.

WDW is not something anyone should expect to go to with no knowledge about things like transport, ticket rules, dining and a whole host of other things....FP is just a small part of the learning experience. And the wealth of free information is literally off the charts for anyone to easily access and understand. I am constantly amazed at people who drop thousands of dollars on a vacation of a "lifetime" without reading a thing about the place. I am even more amazed at their rancor and entitlement when they think its somehow its not their own fault.

Being informed is power.....

As the Boyscouts said "Be Prepared"
The level of fastpass machinations described in this thread are well beyond just a basic knowledge of fastpass.

The level of fastpass machinations described in this thread are well beyond just a basic knowledge of fastpass.

But even a basic understanding of fp and knowing you can get more after your 3rd fp has been used can allow people to get at least 1 more unless it's super busy. Easiest in MK but you can get them in other parks, may not be for what you really want but it can still be beneficial.

Plus a lot of people that use it aren't going to worry about drop times, or aren't going to take the time to move up your next fp once you've used the first one. Traveling solo I love fp, even with a friend it's fantastic, but I appreciate that I can manipulate my fps and move them up, it's much easier to use than max pass. All max pass is, is the paper fp on your phone, you are really only using it to get your next fp, you aren't moving times around and stuff.

But even a basic understanding of fp and knowing you can get more after your 3rd fp has been used can allow people to get at least 1 more unless it's super busy. Easiest in MK but you can get them in other parks, may not be for what you really want but it can still be beneficial.

Plus a lot of people that use it aren't going to worry about drop times, or aren't going to take the time to move up your next fp once you've used the first one. Traveling solo I love fp, even with a friend it's fantastic, but I appreciate that I can manipulate my fps and move them up, it's much easier to use than max pass. All max pass is, is the paper fp on your phone, you are really only using it to get your next fp, you aren't moving times around and stuff.
Being really good at getting fastpasses is the reason I was able to get a Covid vaccine appointment in NY. True story, the systems work on a nearly identical principle, as people cancel and modify their appointments, new ones drop, but you have to be super fast and keep refreshing.

for those who say that the fastpass system shouldn't be so complex, I disagree. I know it may sound mean, but I truly think that if everyone knew the drop times and how to use the system to their full advantage then there would be even more demand for the limited fastpasses. some people are fine waiting an hour for a ride, some are fine with getting low tier fastpasses and some don't even know the mde app exist. if every single person knew how to use the system, a lot more people's vacation would be spent in frustration because it would turn into rotr for every ride. I like the system as it was and I agree, I could get multiple fop fastpasses a day. but if disney wanted to implement a paid option, I wouldn't be happy per say, but I would prefer over no fastpasses.

for those who say that the fastpass system shouldn't be so complex, I disagree. I know it may sound mean, but I truly think that if everyone knew the drop times and how to use the system to their full advantage then there would be even more demand for the limited fastpasses. some people are fine waiting an hour for a ride, some are fine with getting low tier fastpasses and some don't even know the mde app exist. if every single person knew how to use the system, a lot more people's vacation would be spent in frustration because it would turn into rotr for every ride. I like the system as it was and I agree, I could get multiple fop fastpasses a day. but if disney wanted to implement a paid option, I wouldn't be happy per say, but I would prefer over no fastpasses.
Well...that's some honesty.

If everyone knew how to use this system that was included in the crazy prices WDW charges, it would take away from my enjoyment of it :rotfl2:

I do agree it would be more of the uber-FP+ users that would be frustrated. But I also believe the downfall of the current FP+ system will be due to the uber-FP+ users.

Paid FP+ will be the way to go - maybe everyone gets 3 for free, then charge $ for each additional FP+ you make. You want to be an uber_FP+ user, then pony up the $ for that privilege.

I do agree it would be more of the uber-FP+ users that would be frustrated. But I also believe the downfall of the current FP+ system will be due to the uber-FP+ users.

Paid FP+ will be the way to go - maybe everyone gets 3 for free, then charge $ for each additional FP+ you make. You want to be an uber_FP+ user, then pony up the $ for that privilege.
Paid FP+ a la carte for the Tier 3 type rides is dumb imo, and also causes disney to lose out on a valuable crowd management tool. I think I posted it earlier in this thread, or maybe one of th EO the ones, but there are a lot of parents of young children like me who don’t care what ride the fastpass is for, so long as I don’t have to wait on a 40 minute ride with my 1 and 5 year old. I don’t even care if it turns out the standby line isn’t backed up beyond the fastpass checkpoint. At least by getting a fastpass I know before getting on that line I’m not going to have a potty emergency mid-line. Disney is making a huge mistake if it takes away free unlimited fastpasses for the IASW and turtle talks of the world.

Paid FP+ a la carte for the Tier 3 type rides is dumb imo, and also causes disney to lose out on a valuable crowd management tool. I think I posted it earlier in this thread, or maybe one of th EO the ones, but there are a lot of parents of young children like me who don’t care what ride the fastpass is for, so long as I don’t have to wait on a 40 minute ride with my 1 and 5 year old. I don’t even care if it turns out the standby line isn’t backed up beyond the fastpass checkpoint. At least by getting a fastpass I know before getting on that line I’m not going to have a potty emergency mid-line. Disney is making a huge mistake if it takes away free unlimited fastpasses for the IASW and turtle talks of the world.
In my scenario, people would get 3 FP that they can use on any ride, any time (there would be tiers) and any others would be paid for.

I'd argue if they limited FP to 3 and then everything else was paid, most of the smaller rides would just have standby lines, which would move quickly.

Very unlikely anyone with kids over 4/5 would use an "included FP" on something like turtle talk. 0% chance those people would use a FP they had to pay for on one of those rides.

I think people who use your strategy would be just fine.

as a mom of a 4 and 6 yr old I couldn't agree more

I like the Old school way Disneyland utilizes Fastpasses. You can’t even buy access until you scan into the park..I think it evens the playing field. And if you want to go get your fast pass tickets then walk yourself to the station to collect it.... just an opinion!

I like the Old school way Disneyland utilizes Fastpasses. You can’t even buy access until you scan into the park..I think it evens the playing field. And if you want to go get your fast pass tickets then walk yourself to the station to collect it.... just an opinion!

That's how WDW used to be, personally I think Fastpass+ was a huge improvement. The old way forces you to rope drop to be able to get any headliners. The mad dash to TSMM in the morning is an experience I'd be glad to never have to repeat.

That's how WDW used to be, personally I think Fastpass+ was a huge improvement. The old way forces you to rope drop to be able to get any headliners. The mad dash to TSMM in the morning is an experience I'd be glad to never have to repeat.
I think it was an improvement on paper fastpass, but I'm starting to think that implementing a similar system to MaxPass at Disney World would be an improvement to FP+.

Even with Fast Pass+ we are still at rope drop (and we get FP as soon as it’s available!)...however, in fairness, we get in early and leave during the midday and come back at dinner...it’s a method that works well for my family! It almost makes Disney a vacation...almost ☺️

That at at DLR there was the line for radiator springs racers. All FPs gone in aboout half an hour most days and it was only that long due to the time it took to print the FP from the machine.

That at at DLR there was the line for radiator springs racers. All FPs gone in aboout half an hour most days and it was only that long due to the time it took to print the FP from the machine.

We went to DLR once recently, a little before MaxPass was introduced. The line to get a RSR fastpass first thing in the morning was so insane we gave up and did the single rider line instead. It was the same in DLP with BTMRR.

Even with Fast Pass+ we are still at rope drop (and we get FP as soon as it’s available!)...however, in fairness, we get in early and leave during the midday and come back at dinner...it’s a method that works well for my family! It almost makes Disney a vacation...almost ☺

I really prefer not to rope drop. Even aside from getting up early, I hate the crowds and the rush first thing. I can do it when I have to (ROTR boarding groups back in October), but I'd really rather not.

We always rope drop and then start our fast passes for around 10:00. We have always been able to get so much accomplished first thing in the morning. We ride the less popular rides first thing while others are running to the headliners. We usually take a break midday and return to the part in the afternoon. We have never felt like we need to pull fast pass after fast pass to get done what we wanted.

Need FP+ to return ASAP....
I recently wrote to WDW guest service voicing my wish to see the return of FP+ ASAP. Then I got a reply informing that changes are happening everyday and that I should stayed tuned. I just hope that FP+ or the variant form of FP+ is implemented by the time of my visit, which is in July.
I encourage whoever wants FP+ write to guest service. This is the email address I used: WDW.Guest.Communications@disneyworld.com

I recently wrote to WDW guest service voicing my wish to see the return of FP+ ASAP. Then I got a reply informing that changes are happening everyday and that I should stayed tuned. I just hope that FP+ or the variant form of FP+ is implemented by the time of my visit, which is in July.
I encourage whoever wants FP+ write to guest service. This is the email address I used: WDW.Guest.Communications@disneyworld.com
I've never gotten anything other than a vague, mostly canned response from that email. Sometimes they copy and paste what is on the website.

I'm hopeful they launch whatever it is that will be the "new" FP soon too. But my guess is a lot of this stuff is being held back to coincide with the 50th. Hopefully, for your sake, I'm wrong.

They won't bring FP+ back or introduce its replacement until park capacity limits are not necessary. It would be a disaster to introduce it in the current environment.

They won't bring FP+ back or introduce its replacement until park capacity limits are not necessary. It would be a disaster to introduce it in the current environment.
People keep saying this, but virtually all the other major theme parks have brought back their versions of fastpas with crowd limits. Disney could bring it back if it wanted to, it just would have to be a little more creative with he queues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter