PaHunters camping season comes to an abrupt close due to cancer.

Numbers today were good, I now meet with the Dr weekly. They had the bone marrow biopsy results,, kinda funky with all the meds.
Chrysium test showed that my bone marrow is 99.9 percent my donnor. Sorry typing iis gettiing worse, tromors caused by medss.

Duuuuddddeee!

:thumbsup2

Great news Chris :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Have you had a chance to work on any other Legos? Got any new pics?

Steve

They had the bone marrow biopsy results,, kinda funky with all the meds.
Chrysium test showed that my bone marrow is 99.9 percent my donor.
The meds you're on will make a lot of things funky besides test results and typing. :)

And you had me going for a few minutes on the "Chrysium" test. I was thinking Chrysler, as in New Yorker, Imperial or maybe PT Cruiser. Then it clicked that you probably meant chimerism test.

Steps dude. Keep taking those steps. Things are starting to fall into place.

j

So a final update for 2021. Christmas was ok, very quiet.
I am doing well. numbers continue to improve and I feel better as time goes by. I am just past 50 days post transplant. This week my catheter was removed as they do not figure I will need further infusions. Next bone marrow biopsy is 100 days. From there I should go to monthy appointments. At one year I will get my first immunization shots, just like a newborn. So progress is being made, slowly, but i am seeing improvements, so all in all good signs.
Thank you all for the christmas present, dw and I were crying in each others arms after opening the card, such a great Disfamily we have, and friends.

Thanks for the update Chris. Great news all the way around.

You are very welcome on the Christmas present. Your DIS family just wanted to do a little something to say we care about you and Jenn.

j

Today DW headed back to work in the office, leaving me and Reba here for the day. So dog is my shadow around the house as she is used to DW working from home. Wednesday I head back to the Dr for my weekly checkup of my bloodwork. While my sense of smell still overwhelms me sometimes, I am getting used to it. My appetite has been coming back, with me eating everything in sight. Luckily DW does the shopping so it does limit me some, as if i don't ask, she does not buy. So in the New Year, feeling better, energy is improving daily.

Today is our 2nd day home and the dog is less impressed I am here today. She is napping in the recliner now.

Just some random thoughts, Doctors have told me I need to stay out of the sun as much as possible, wear a hat and long sleeves. I hate long sleeves. Sunscreen, also not a fan but doable. Guess look into the long sleeve fishing shirts with SPF and lightweight.

Not sure how this will change my plans at Disney in regards to parks, taking pictures and above all my stamina.

Camping around home is not too bad most of the places I have booked have shade, and if not we have the awning.

And then there is my immune system which will be compromised for awhile. My MMR will not be until about the time we are to head to Disney. Not sure what I need after that, eventually chickenpox ? Those will go thru my family Doctor.
And do we want to do Disney with me still compromised. Gonna be a tough decision there, especially since Christmas is a busier time of year. Will keep our reservations for now, but my health also figures in to things now, and staying out of the hospital.

Bloodwork again tomorrow and meet with the Dr. See if he will let me start driving again. At least if I could go to the grocery store right up the road would be nice. during the day it is pretty empty, so feel safe with N95 mask on to venture in.

I would skip the crowds untill your immune system is better. And , the long sleeve shirts with the sph aren't bad. You just need one of those floopy hat things. Camping is still on, i would definitely do a double take on disney. You can go another time, but you cant afford to get sick if your down there. Just my 2 cents.

I would skip the crowds untill your immune system is better. And , the long sleeve shirts with the sph aren't bad. You just need one of those floopy hat things. Camping is still on, i would definitely do a double take on disney. You can go another time, but you cant afford to get sick if your down there. Just my 2 cents.

Oh I have a couple of hats to keep my currently bald head covered. And yes Disney will get thought about long and hard. Camping, oh I can do that and stay safe..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter