• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

PaHunters camping season comes to an abrupt close due to cancer.

You have a good plan and one step at a time right? Hopefully you can figure out when the next trip will be. Our next FW trip is in 2023...

Reba still ignoring you now that you are home more than away?

You have a good plan and one step at a time right? Hopefully you can figure out when the next trip will be. Our next FW trip is in 2023...

Reba still ignoring you now that you are home more than away?

One step at a time, as I said at the start this would be a marathon. If we cancel our next trip window would be 2024, as I want to go for Christmas Decorations, and when they released 2023 all at once, sure that booked in minutes.

Reba has settled in and realized Dad is not going anywhere, so she has started ignoring me a little more. She has fallen in to her normal routine of wandering around the house, and also taking her naps, either on the couch or her favorite chair.

Me, well my energy level is improving daily, and have things to do around the house. Just figure out where to start.

One step at a time, as I said at the start this would be a marathon. If we cancel our next trip window would be 2024, as I want to go for Christmas Decorations, and when they released 2023 all at once, sure that booked in minutes.

Me, well my energy level is improving daily, and have things to do around the house. Just figure out where to start.

FWIW, Chris, @WeLovePluto posted recently that they are reserving for 500 days in advance of ARRIVAL now which from today only extends into May 2023. They have not released all of 2023 at once.

But he also said it is still not bookable online currently - you have to call to make a 2023 arrival within the window. So don't give up hope yet for Xmas 2023 because nobody has one yet.

We, too, are glad to hear you are getting better.

Bama Ed

PS - once the 500th day + 30 day max reservation starts reaching into December 2023, that's when it's gonna book up.

Another trip to the Dr today. Bloodwork looked good, WB settled in and is normal, which means I am currently not fighting anything. Good news. They did a test for the FLT3 gene that causes AML to be aggressive and more likely to come back. The original test when diagnosed showed positive, it has now come back twice as negative. Another good sign.
Some of the other bloodwork was down some, but nothing to worry about, just the body sorting things out..
I asked about driving, and was told not for another month. Would be nice to at least go to the grocery store which is about 3/4 mile.. So instead DW will continue to get a list.
It is winter so have to get making some soups. Maybe this weekend make some french onion soup. Have been craving it for awhile now. Then could make some chili, but DW does not like it, so will have to freeze some of it. I could also make some Vegetable soup, which also gets frozen as it makes so much.

Ed….

Lord knows I have watched you explain the 500 day booking window to both board regulars and passers-by plenty of times, but part of your statement here was something I did not recall, so going to ask…

PS - once the 500th day + 30 day max reservation starts reaching into December 2023, that's when it's gonna book up.

Does this mean that to really get a “heavy” period booked, you should book and cancel days not needed. In other words, if you really wanted to stay a week that started at day 500+23, should you book a 500+30 long stay and then cancel the unwanted portion. On the one hand, that would seem to block out other potential customers, but on the other hand, if you wait until 500 days from the date you really want, others may have all ready taken all the availability….

Ed….

Lord knows I have watched you explain the 500 day booking window to both board regulars and passers-by plenty of times, but part of your statement here was something I did not recall, so going to ask…

Does this mean that to really get a “heavy” period booked, you should book and cancel days not needed. In other words, if you really wanted to stay a week that started at day 500+23, should you book a 500+30 long stay and then cancel the unwanted portion. On the one hand, that would seem to block out other potential customers, but on the other hand, if you wait until 500 days from the date you really want, others may have all ready taken all the availability….

That exactly, Jimmy.

For example (approximately):

When the 500 day ARRIVAL booking window reaches December 1, 2023 (or thereabouts) that puts you at July 19, 2022. Folks can book then for arrival on 12/1 and can stay up through basically the end of the month.

It used to be that Disney played games trying to cancel unwanted nights on an existing reservation to avoid stranded/orphan nights. I've not heard of anyone modifying an existing reservation to drop nights during a busy period. With the IT enhancements, maybe it works now. I just haven't heard or tried it yet.

But there are people who come for longer stays during the holidays. And some folks will book a longer holiday reservation and possibly cancel it later for others to snatch up.

What will happen is around mid-July this year people will start booking Dec 2023. Longer reservations will tie up sites first. As we get into the next 30 days after mid-July the inventory for Dec23 will fill up. At what pace and with what flexibility to drop nights I have no clue. So my advice is to book at the 500 day window for your desired arrival date but be flexible. You want a Full but only Premium Meadow sites are left? Then take it. If you can arrive sooner, bite the bullet if you can get in then for your stay.

If we get some intel on how disney handles dropped nights now, we'll learn something. I've just been so conditioned to avoid dropping nights (and I've added one-two nights at times).

Ed

Another trip to the Dr today. Bloodwork looked good, WB settled in and is normal, which means I am currently not fighting anything. Good news. They did a test for the FLT3 gene that causes AML to be aggressive and more likely to come back. The original test when diagnosed showed positive, it has now come back twice as negative. Another good sign.
Some of the other bloodwork was down some, but nothing to worry about, just the body sorting things out..
I asked about driving, and was told not for another month. Would be nice to at least go to the grocery store which is about 3/4 mile.. So instead DW will continue to get a list.
It is winter so have to get making some soups. Maybe this weekend make some french onion soup. Have been craving it for awhile now. Then could make some chili, but DW does not like it, so will have to freeze some of it. I could also make some Vegetable soup, which also gets frozen as it makes so much.
Yeah, you freeze some of that chili and hold onto it until next we meet. I'll take some.

I'd not be in a hurry for crowds.

Things starting to come together, slowly but surely.

Weekly update : Bloodwork numbers looked alright, some up, some down, but at this time nothing to worry about. Slowly working me off the steroids. I gained another 2 pounds over last week, probably would have been more, but I think I ate the house empty last week.
My strength is improving slowly, can't go out and do much as it is too cold for me to be out there. Tomorrow is day 60 post transplant, there is another checkpoint hit. Day 100 I will have another bone marrow biopsy done, which should be the final one for awhile.
Dr is putting me on a low dose chemo, supposed to increase my chance of survivability. With everything going well, can't hurt to increase my chances. Have another 305 days to go until my first year is complete, and then we will continue from there.
They say if you make it to 5 years, should make another 20. One day at a time, each step forward is all I can do.

The weight gain is a great sign as is a returning appetite! And slowly but surely is the 'way to go' for long term positive results, at least that's what we've been told

My DH is getting his taste and appetite back, but he's determined to keep most of the weight off. His bloods are up and down, too, and he's having to do IV hydration weekly. They don't seem to offer any other therapy to help the blood counts get back to normal. His main concern is returning kidney function along with the immune system. On the better side his PET scan came back and the Dr's 'unofficial' word was "That's as good a post-treatment scan as I've ever seen". We see him on Friday for the 'official' word.

Onwards and upwards for you and for him.

The weight gain is a great sign as is a returning appetite! And slowly but surely is the 'way to go' for long term positive results, at least that's what we've been told

My DH is getting his taste and appetite back, but he's determined to keep most of the weight off. His bloods are up and down, too, and he's having to do IV hydration weekly. They don't seem to offer any other therapy to help the blood counts get back to normal. His main concern is returning kidney function along with the immune system. On the better side his PET scan came back and the Dr's 'unofficial' word was "That's as good a post-treatment scan as I've ever seen". We see him on Friday for the 'official' word.

Onwards and upwards for you and for him.

To some extent I would like to keep some of the weight off also. Taste is a tricky one, it has started to come back, some things are good, others not so much. No not much they can do other than let your body sort out the counts.
Day by day and we will get there.

To some extent I would like to keep some of the weight off also. Taste is a tricky one, it has started to come back, some things are good, others not so much. No not much they can do other than let your body sort out the counts.
Day by day and we will get there.

I agree about the taste. His 'favorite' fast food item is back to the 'delicious' category, but he tried an InNOut double double (another fav) yesterday and just made a bit of a face and said "Ummm, not quite 'there' yet'.

Yes, you'll both get there.

Back to the Dr again, weekly until I hit the 100 day mark, so another 35days of weekly appointments. This week has been tough for me. I have been tired this week and appetite has been down.
Bloodwork was ok, again some things are perfect, some moving up and down. Dr has no worries at this time even with numbers fluctuating.

Dr visit yesterday, bloodwork was ok. Transplant still above 99.9 so holding steady. Tremors seem to be increasing, dr said medicine related. can't write, and typing is best hunt and peck. so another 30 days and i have another bone marrow biopsy, should then move away from weekly appointments

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter