Packing Tips

may be a silly question but I'm a newbie and first timer so I'm gonna ask anyway......

So everyone has a bag packed to take with them to the parks. When you go on the rides, do you leave them at the place that they load the rides?? And they stay safe there?

Most if not all rides have a little "pouch" to put a bag in. Even rollercoasters like space mountian have them. So aslong as its not HUGE it will fit.

And if it doesn't fit in the pouch just put it at your feet on all the rides and it will be fine - I never use the pouches even if my bag fits in them

I think a huge thing to remember to bring is gum since Disney doesn't sell any. We bring our own portable fan misters so when we get hot standing in line or walking around we can cool off rather quickly. They have some on amazon for reasonable prices. We buy our ponchos in the park, they're much better quality in my opinion. Bring colored sharpies so different characters can sign in their coordinating colors :)

Mickey and Minnie, Mulan-black or red
Daisy,Rapunzel, sleeping beauty- pink
Donald, Elsa, Lilo and stitch-blue
goofy/pluto,Ana,Tiana-Green

you get the point :) it's fun to have varying colors, it makes your autograph book pop! I don't believe the parks carry colored markers, so those are good things to bring ahead of time. I also buy a little first aid kit from the travel aisle of target so if in the event we need a bandaid or neosporin, we can just help ourselves and not have to wait for a CM to grab a bandaid for us.

Maybe this is just a me thing, but I pack flip-flops in my bag. I don't like wearing the same sneakers all day (plantar fasciitis), so I like to vary what I wear throughout the day. I usually switch them out in the middle of the day, and it feels great.

Dramamine just in case!!

Maybe this is just a me thing, but I pack flip-flops in my bag. I don't like wearing the same sneakers all day (plantar fasciitis), so I like to vary what I wear throughout the day. I usually switch them out in the middle of the day, and it feels great.

Dramamine just in case!!

I also like to bring some extra flip flops, but I learned the hard way to limit my use of them to the pool and around the resort. I'm way better off wearing tennis shoes in the parks.

I have a question. We really don't travel a whole lot, but I like the idea of the packing cubes.. I would have to buy like 8 med size ones to fit DH and I clothes, pjs and underwear and bra for eight days.. Is it worth the cost?? Where did you buy your packing cubes?

I have a question. We really don't travel a whole lot, but I like the idea of the packing cubes.. I would have to buy like 8 med size ones to fit DH and I clothes, pjs and underwear and bra for eight days.. Is it worth the cost?? Where did you buy your packing cubes?

I got mine from Amazon. They have sets of 4 for right about $20.
I think they are worth it. I can pack for 2 weeks, without wearing pieces more than once in 2 large, 1 medium, and 2 small cubes. I think they are absolutely worth it.

Some people swear by packing cubes, I happen to find them annoying and limiting. When I pack, I re-wear bottoms (pants, shorts, capris) twice, so that eliminates bringing a pair for everyday, I share toiletries with my sister so that eliminates doubling up on products, and limit my footwear to tennis shoes and sandals.

Some people swear by packing cubes, I happen to find them annoying and limiting. When I pack, I re-wear bottoms (pants, shorts, capris) twice, so that eliminates bringing a pair for everyday, I share toiletries with my sister so that eliminates doubling up on products, and limit my footwear to tennis shoes and sandals.
See I was planning on wearing bottoms twice as well but I noticed that the videos on the first page have the lady in the video doing the same thing and she uses cubes.. I wonder... where does she put the shorts after one wear? lol

See I was planning on wearing bottoms twice as well but I noticed that the videos on the first page have the lady in the video doing the same thing and she uses cubes.. I wonder... where does she put the shorts after one wear? lol

Do you use the drawers provided in your hotel room? I unpack fully, and then once I'm done with something, I pack it away :) Then by the end of my stay, all my dirty clothing is now packed away and I don't have to scramble to pack. Killing two birds with one stone, if you will.

Do you use the drawers provided in your hotel room? I unpack fully, and then once I'm done with something, I pack it away :) Then by the end of my stay, all my dirty clothing is now packed away and I don't have to scramble to pack. Killing two birds with one stone, if you will.
I use to but if I used the cubes I would just pull the cubes out and put them in drawers.. I am staying DVC so I plan on washing clothes while we are at at the pool every couple days since we take daily afternoon breaks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter