Packet Pick-Up Services

StartedByAMouse

Mouseketeer
Looks like a new offering is being made for the Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend ...
http://www.rundisney.com/star-wars-wdw-half-marathon/#packet-pick-up

Packet Pick-Up Services

Not able to attend the Expo before your race? Here are some optional services* available for advance purchase before 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time on Monday, April 11, 2016. Don't delay, availability is limited!

Walt Disney World® Resort Front Desk Delivery Get your race packet, shirt and pre-purchased commemorative items delivered to your Walt Disney World® Resort hotel. This service is available for all race distances with delivery Thursday, April 14 through Saturday, April 16. Your signed waiver, bib# and resort reservation are required for purchase. A photo ID is required at time of pickup.

Cost: $39 USD per adult race registration + $15 USD per additional minor (under 18) race registration staying in the same room.

Purchase today!

10K and Half Marathon Race Day Pickup:
Retrieve your race packet (bib number, race shirt and pre-purchased merchandise) the day of your scheduled race at the VIP Packet Pick-Up Tent. A photo ID and signed waiver is required and must be picked up by the registered runner.

Cost: $39 USD per race registration.

Purchase today!

*These services are subject to change or termination without notice. All dates and prices are subject to change. Resort Delivery and Race Day Packet Pick-Up are subject to availability, non-refundable and non-transferable. Restrictions apply.

Probably still working things out since it hasn't been officially announced yet.

I just looked at the source code on the webpage, and the section is still there, it has just been commented out, so I think you are correct, and it will likely appear again.

I texted this to my husband and he wants to do it for the Wine & Dine 10K - it's worth it to him to not have to fight the masses. He's not a shopper and doesn't want to lose the park time. But I need to go anyway (assuming they don't have this available for the 5K) so we'll likely skip it, assuming it's offered beyond the SWDS races.

However...after hearing what a mess the Princess expo was, I'll be REALLY tempted to take advantage of this in February 2017. :eek: Wouldn't mind steering clear of the fights over wine glasses and whatnot!

But you can do just packet/shirt/pre-order pickup without ever setting foot into the booths where the problems were. Sure you can encounter lines, but not the nonsense.
That's true, and I've heard people say that if you go at certain times (i.e. not right when it opens), there aren't huge lines for bib pick-up either. Mostly I just need to convince myself that I'm okay without the merchandise. ;)

If only they offered for the 5k.. Its going to be a crapshoot ill get off before the expo closes..

But I like the option as a local I get so tired of having to use a whole vacation day for the 30 or so min to hit the expo since I usually work 8-8..

Last edited:
We won't do it for Wine & Dine. Assuming it's $39 per registration, that's $117 (one 5K, one 10K and 1 challenge registration). That's an awful lot to pay to avoid the expo. :confused3

I thought this was an option that was on an earlier survey. I am sure there were enough people who said yes for rD to at least try it. Other large races do it.

I wouldn't use this, but wondering is Challenge even included or how will they handle the challenge people getting their picture taken if it is?!?!?!

I wouldn't use this, but wondering is Challenge even included or how will they handle the challenge people getting their picture taken if it is?!?!?!
That's a good question. Seems like it would be easier to go back to the wristbands...or maybe you get your picture taken at the resort desk? :confused3

Just like with PhotoPass now doing the race pictures, thanks for being the guinea pigs, Dark Side runners! :wave:

For the brief moment when the links were live yesterday, I clicked on them, and they did include the Challenge as an option on the registration form, but you bring up a very good point regarding the picture. Not sure how that would work.

Wristbands! They're more fun anyway since you can wink and nod at all the other people wearing them during the weekend.

I tended to list to the left by day of the marathon due to all of the bands on my wrist!

Disney takes away the ability to have someone else pick up for you, then they add a "service" like this. Cracks me up.

They have now added back the VIP Race Day Pick-up service link to their website, but they haven't yet added back the Resort Front Desk Delivery option yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter