Packed & Moved..Disboutiquers Part 6 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am making a pirate shirt for my niece to wear on the pirate cruise at WDW. I'm using the criss cross pattern from YCMT. I used photoshop to play around with fabric choices. This is what I had decided on, and I even bought the fabric already.

NewPirateTop.jpg

Well, DH saw the pic and said the yellow doesn't go with it at all. To me it goes because it's the color of Minnie's shoes.

I could make it like this instead...

NewPirateTop2.jpg

Edited to add a third option...

NewPirateTop3.jpg

What do you experts think?

:banana: :banana: :banana:

I made it! I made it! I made it!! And without a moving buddy! Very sad!:( Next time I will try to find someone to pack my stuff for the move then maybe I'll make it by page 2!:confused3

I am making a pirate shirt for my niece to wear on the pirate cruise at WDW. I'm using the criss cross pattern from YCMT. I used photoshop to play around with fabric choices. This is what I had decided on, and I even bought the fabric already.

NewPirateTop.jpg

Well, DH saw the pic and said the yellow doesn't go with it at all. To me it goes because it's the color of Minnie's shoes.

NewPirateTop2.jpg

NewPirateTop3.jpg

I spent a long time looking and I think?? I like the third one best. HTH

Does anyone have any experience adjusting the YCMT patterns for a size 12/14? How easily can they be adjusted. I'm not very good without a pattern.

NewPirateTop.jpg

NewPirateTop2.jpg

NewPirateTop3.jpg

I like option three, but I'm not an expert.

It looks like it's pretty much unanimous that option 3 is the way to go. Thanks ladies!!! Of course nobody liked the cheaper option which was to use some yellow fabric that only costs $2 a yard! :rotfl2:

NewPirateTop3.jpg

Another vote for the THIRD OPTION!!!!

NewPirateTop.jpg

NewPirateTop2.jpg

NewPirateTop3.jpg

I like the third option too.::yes::

Well, ladies and gents, on with the show.

Kris, I don't think the skirt on the stripwork jumper is too "twirly" though you know most of us don't know any such thing as TOO TWIRLY.

BUT most of her skirts are double full. I generally make mine 3x full for maximum twirl potential. Lily likes a nice big twirl. I think 2x full is probably JUST full enough. Also, it is really easy to figure out how long to make it. Just look at the little baby doll legs above each leg is the average age for this length of leg. go downthe leg until you reach where you'd like the skirt to hit then follow that line to the lefthand margin and you will find the lenth to make the strips.

I missed that bit the first time I made it so I did the math myself and figured out how long to make it..though I didn't do a very good job and it turned out a dress instead of a cute little twirl top.

Here is a stripwork jumper in the designated fullness, even though there are lots of pics on YCMT, I'll use Lily's as an example to apease the masses

l_f4203173e317e49d3cf4251653eae8d7.jpg

Here is one I made for her 3x full

l_ae65a04b412cc8d2939e35cce0ffdbc1.jpg

l_f85acdbb67235e9448cf75d5cb76a2fe.jpg

Also she gives the width for the strips according to S,M,L and I never have found a place on that pattern that specifies what sizes S,M,L are. But in her easy fit pant pattern it shows them being S:1-3, M:4-6 and L:7-8

i'm not positive that they are the same for the stripwork top, but it's what I used for the last one I made.

I'm sure some of you see that it is 5ish in the AM and think that is a perfectly normal time to be up. I assure you that this is NOT the case here. I am pretty sure I have come down w/ strep throat. Since I get it like a million times a year, I'm pretty sure. I stayed at my MIL's since I was here late while DH had a show I couldn't go to (Lily w/ the pink eye and me w/ my strep...I'm sure my inlaws were THRILLED) Any way I was sleeping on the couch. I woke up shivering like I was out inthe snow and added a blanket, it wasn't enough, I added another blanket which was still not enough so I bundled up as tight as I could and made it back to sleep (the percocet I'd taken earlier helped out here) FW to 5 am I wake up sweating to death!!! Now I'm hot and I don't feel well and can't sleep.
My L eye is also itching like fire, but I have a cat sitting next to me,so I'm going to try not to start freakin' out that it's pink eye, for now I blame the cat.
I keep hoping my MIL will get up so I can do some work,since I am up. I hope I can make it to the wedding I have today. Even if I just go for a bit. Lily is really looking forward to going to the ball and I told her that we could go get our fingers and toes painted,since my feet look awful and I bought the cutest patent leather t-strap heels @ ninewest.

Okay. I'm going to try to stop rubbing my eye now and send a few much needed e-mails.;) AND try to go back to sleep!!!!

Have a great Saturday guys!!!
...t.
Your DD is so cute!!! Thanks for posting the 2x vs 3x photos-those are great!

:wizard: Hope you're feeling better!!!!

thanks for all the wishes about finally figuring out my sewing machine again.

I defiantly want to try a pattern from youcanmakethis.com. There was a few I thought were adorable. Right now I think if I told DH I wanted to order a pattern he would freak he is in one of those moods so I may run over to Joannes this weekend and get one. I just can't wait to make a dress for my dd! I am just nervous about a kid size dress my doll stuff yesterday wasn't to hot:worried: The only way I will get better is try right???
Doll clothes are really hard! I think you'll be surprised how much easier it will be to sew for your DD!

LovesDumbo: Thanks for the hug! I was needing one last night.
Anytime!:hug:

Glad Henry is such a good hubby. :goodvibes I am soooooo expecting an AK trippie!!! :thumbsup2 Complete with funny teeth...
IMGP2554.jpg
:lmao:

I only worked on this yesterday:

2007_06150005.jpg

Not too happy as the arm holes look too big!!

2007_06150006.jpg

This is part of the other outfit I made

2007_06150002.jpg

Yesterday I took the cinderella dress I made to school, because I wanted a little girl to try it on and I needed to take it to the Dry Cleaners...

Well the mothers in the school LOVE the dress:blush: so... now I have 5 mothers that want the dress, I DO NOT CHARGE anything for sewing as I am not a profeccional and do not have a serger (french seams take me forever!!!)
I did not say NO to them (Lord I hate myself sometimes:furious: ) but I DO NOT HAVE THE TIME!!!!! I need to start sewing shorts for my kids and work on "20" tshirts for our trip in August, finish my graduation dress , still have the handbags to finish(10) (like I said I cannot say NO to people) I was hoping to be "done" sewing and taking a break... guess that I will have to avoid school next week:sad2: :sad2:

I enjoy sewing ::yes:: ,is kind of my therapy (specially when I have headaches) and sewing for the Big Give have been a JOY to me....but when I feel obligated to do stuff for people:sad1: it takes the joy away!!!!

SORRY GUYS I HAVE TO VENT!!!!!:hug:
Cute outfit! Do you think you could tell everyone you just dont' have time and you can't say yes to just 1 or 2 so you've really to say no to everyone. You've got too much on your plate right now and you deserve to enjoy the summer and not be totally stressed before your August trip!

I know what you mean though. I am so not confident in my skills! I admire the ladys and Tom on here that can sell things on Ebay and other places! They are so brave! I've thought about selling things, but I get too nervous! Someday, maybe I'll give it a try!
I can't sew for anyone else. All I see when I'm done with an outfit are my imperfections.

Had my quilt class- its an open sew, $15 pr time 10-1 on saturdays in June...I was the only one!!! WooHoo! It was nice and quiet, I think I sewed slower cause I wasnt used to the quiet.
Working on a little Nepali/Tibetian Chupa Robe (from Folkware pattern 109) out of this cute fabric with pandas on bamboo trees. Im almost done with it and then I think Ill do the Turkish bloomers to go with the robe. I am doing the Nepali version with ties (Tibet uses buttons)
What a cute pattern! I like that little top too-looks like a great top for a 90+ degree day.

Here they are together. She adores the little rabbit. She named him Carrots. He is so soft.
IMG_6399.jpg
How cute!!!

NewPirateTop.jpg

NewPirateTop2.jpg

NewPirateTop3.jpg

No expert here but I like the 3rd one too. The yellow looks a bit harsh is the fabric really that bright?

I LOVE your photoshop preview idea. I'm not good enough with photoshop to do that. I want to do a Mickey/Minnie top for my DD using the a-line pattern and I want to piece say a red dot, black dot, yellow, and black/white fabrics. Not sure if I'll do horizontal stripes or quarters. I'm leaning toward quarters but with a high waist and maybe applique a Mickey head in opposite quarters where the quarters meet. It's in my head but if I could do photoshop I could do a preview.

No expert her but I like the 3rd one too. The yellow looks a bit harsh is the fabric really that bright?

I LOVE your photoshop preview idea. I'm not good enough with photoshop to do that. I want to do a Mickey/Minnie top for my DD using the a-line pattern and I want to piece say a red dot, black dot, yellow, and black/white fabrics. Not sure if I'll do horizontal stripes or quarters. I'm leaning toward quarters but with a high waist and maybe applique a Mickey head in opposite quarters where the quarters meet. It's in my head but if I could do photoshop I could do a preview.

The yellow isn't that bright. I just picked a yellow on the photo editing program. :goodvibes

I could probably try to make you a preview of that outfit if you could post a shirt that looks similar to it. I just "lasso" an outline around where I want to put a fabric then I use the bucket fill to fill a fabric that I find online.

:offtopic:
Thursday Morning our cat caught a baby rabbit. It had only minor injuries but it was very young. We searched for the nest but we couldn't find it. We tried feeding it some kitten milk but it died on Thursday night. It's eyes weren't even open yet. Poor little thing. DD was devastated. So DH promised her a pet rabbit.

Thursday night Abby lost her other front tooth. She can be heard singing "All I want for Christmas is my two Front Teeth, My Two Front Teeth. . ."

After the garage sale we drove out to the country and bought DD the little bunny.

Here they are together. She adores the little rabbit. She named him Carrots. He is so soft.
IMG_6399.jpg

NewPirateTop.jpg

NewPirateTop2.jpg

NewPirateTop3.jpg

I like the first one best (if not so neon) and the third one next.

:laughing:
The yellow isn't that bright. I just picked a yellow on the photo editing program. :goodvibes

I could probably try to make you a preview of that outfit if you could post a shirt that looks similar to it. I just "lasso" an outline around where I want to put a fabric then I use the bucket fill to fill a fabric that I find online.

That is so nice of you! I just ordered more fabrics on line last night so I need to hold off doing anything til those arrive. (that ordering online could get dangerous!!!)

Here's what I'm thinking of-using Carla's A-line and doing something like the one in purple & pink. I would use 4 fabrics instead of 2-I'm thinking red/white dots, black/white dots, black/white (I bought a small floral), yellow with small tonal floral. I would do the back with opposite fabrics (bottom left on front would become top right on back) so those would show in the straps in the front. Then I could do a Mickey head like the flower in the 4 fabrics OR I was thinking of maybe using a white fabric with red dots for the Mickey head. Or maybe I'll use the white/red dots instead of black/white but then maybe I wouldn't like the yellow if it wasn't dots and here's where my mind starts running around in circles.....

6478.jpg

I also think the vertical stripe a-line here is cute and I loved the horizontal striped a-line that snubie did for her BIG GIVE Donald outfit.
6360.jpg

YCMT.com has a four corners dress pattern. I have it and it is easy to understand. They do all the math for you.

YCMT.com has a four corners dress pattern. I have it and it is easy to understand. They do all the math for you.
That gave me the idea but it only goes to size 6. I would rather piece the pieces for the A-line then try to do the math to make the dress bigger.

I think I like the high waist look of the New Look dress. Then I wouldn't have to worry about the horizontal seam being perfectly in the middle.

Well Theresa, I did stay in bed all day but noone had to make me. I didn't really have a choice. I did have to get up around 2 to take the kids to get shoes. Lily picked out pink converse to wear with her party dress I was so proud! My parents took the kids to the wedding so they wouldn't. Miss it. I gotta go back to bed. ...t.

For all of you out there do make hairbows....I tried it out and made a korker bow today....pretty simple....but the ribbon feels so limp..is that normal? Is there something I should be using as a stiffener...I do plan on making other bow (not corker) and if the ribbon is like that with 3/8 then what will the heavier ribbon be like?:confused3

Someone needs to tell me
PUT DOWN THE DEBIT CARD AND GET OUT OF THE STORES!!!!!

This week, I decided I couldn't handle my PC anymore. I bought an imac and then had to buy photoshop elements for mac, then I discovered that my embroidery software doesn't work on mac. I will probably have to do something abut that later.

I got my serger out this weekend to work on some stuff. I fell in love- WOW! I don't think that I can live without it. guess what? It broke!!! It was my grandmothers and will probably cost more to fix than replace, so another trip to wal-mart. I got another serger. It is already up and running. But for now, NO MORE SPENDING FOR ME!!!

On a good note, Miss Cammie, I think that I am getting better with the eyebrow arch. I saw some unsupervised kids at wal-mart today spinning the bag-holder-thingy (very technical term) and making a mess. I gave one of them an eyebrow arch and he stopped! the other one didn't see me and kept going. So as I am checking out, I turn to him and smack him with an arch- he stopped too. Now, if it would just work on my own kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter