Packed & Moved..Disboutiquers Part 6 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whew.. I made it over! I was surprised to find a new thread this morning. I am on the puter trying to plan out Sara Beth's "Disney" skirt. I have tons of material I just need to cut about a million squares!

Just a couple of things:

1. I think I forgot to tell you guys that I'm on "skim mode" for a few days. I'm not able to check in as often as usual, so I'm skimming and taking mental notes. I'll be back to "normal" in a few days.

2. I'm subbing to the new thread!

3. I LOVE the tree skirt that was posted towards the end of the last thread! I'd LOVE to have one of those. I wonder if I could figure it oug?

4. If you live in the ATLANTA area, are there any MUST SEE fabric stores i nthe area? If so, could you please PM me? I'm here for a few days, and would love to check some out!

I'm here...subscribing now!!!!

BTW, Teresa and Heather am I gonna have to bring my chant to this board too -- WE NEED MORE! WE NEED MORE! WE NEED MORE!

It's wrote, but not tweaked! I don't want to bore yah all to death! And, I'm waiting on Heather, who seems to think that taking care of her children is more important than the trip report! :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

Does anyone have the CarlaC stripwork jumper pattern? I'm still a sewing newbie and I just bought it. It looks kind of hard. I want it to be short enough to wear shorts with and not too twirly. My neice doesn't like twirly. I was hoping it would be a good pattern to make one of the big princess face outfits. I have an Ariel pillowcase to use.
Tifani answered you very well, but I'll say I agree with her! It's very easy, and not too full. You could also buy the Simply Sweet dress pattern and make it a stripwork, then you would have some more options.

I love the way Carla puts the little diagram of the legs in the instructions! I'm always amazed when I follow that, it actually comes out just the right length!

Yeah Carla!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Oh, and Heather sent me a link to Carla's dolly website the other day with the CUTEST dolly in a carousel applique outfit!!!! I LOVE carousels, so I was particuarly pleased with that!

Here's a linky: http://dressydolly.com/CarlaC/galleries.html Click on Riley, then Classic Carousel. It is so cute!

Hope you are all having fun, it's Saturday night and I'm meant to be sewing a tutu for my nieces 1st birthday tomorrow but it's cold so I'm in bed catching up and watching the princess diaries and knitting myself a pair of snuggly socks (and winding wool that I painted yesterday in pretty purplypinks and blue -it's so purrty - into a ball) - Oh how does life change when you become a parent lol.
Sounds very cozy!

Well, ladies and gents, on with the show.

Kris, I don't think the skirt on the stripwork jumper is too "twirly" though you know most of us don't know any such thing as TOO TWIRLY.

l_f4203173e317e49d3cf4251653eae8d7.jpg

Here is one I made for her 3x full

l_ae65a04b412cc8d2939e35cce0ffdbc1.jpg

l_f85acdbb67235e9448cf75d5cb76a2fe.jpg

Have a great Saturday guys!!!
...t.

Aww T., you are NOT sounding good sweetheart! Do NOT push yourself too much today! If you were one of my kids, I would make you stay in bed all day!

I love the pictures of Lily!!! What did you look like at her age? She looks like she favors both of you. Unlike my children that look like Brian and Heather. :confused3

1.):banana: :banana: :banana: I may not be first, but at least I made it on the first page this time! Teresa, I LOVED the Toy Story reference in your last post on the other thread. You cracky me up!!

2.)I'm sorry!!! It's my fault! I've been so busy with appointments, the big give outfit, and then Tessa making me feel guilty for being on the computer. I'm going to try and write my next installment tonight.

3.)Teresa: Henry came home around 1:00am. He had planned on working until 10:30. But, I think he was having too much fun. He did call, though. Luckily, there wasn't a whole lot of action in our little town!

1.)I'm glad you enjoyed that! :thumbsup2
2.)Aww, that's ok! My next installment seems rather boring anyway! I need to jazz it up a bit! (wish there was a jazz hands smiley, that would be funny right here)
3.)I'm glad he made it home safely! :hug: I was worried about him too. :hug:
I was thinking maybe he could come over some day in his uniform, and just walk around my backyard while the neighbors are out, just to scare them!! ::cop: (We have some wood pile thieving neighbors)
Glad Henry is such a good hubby. :goodvibes I am soooooo expecting an AK trippie!!! :thumbsup2 Complete with funny teeth...
IMGP2554.jpg

:rotfl2: (I really hope I am not offending anyone! :worried: )

I am so excited that my quotes transferred over to the new thread! That was hilarious about the travel buddies! We say that every day about crossing streets and parking lots so my kids really know what that means! Heather, here is the perfect icon for ya...have you been using it... ::cop:

Ok Cathy, you done made my spit coffee out my nose! :rotfl2:

I don't think they would fit. Morgan has some "Jord" clothes that almost fit (Jord is smaller than Bitty). I think Simplicity has some smaller patterns that might work.
I just wanted to say

I love Jord

WOW!!!!! A new thread!!!!

Don't you hate it when you make plans, and cannot stick to them??????

I had plan to spend the day sewing yesterday, but between schools meeting
(PTA....always PTA:faint: ) and running errands I only worked on this yesterday:

2007_06150005.jpg

Not too happy as the arm holes look too big!!

2007_06150006.jpg

This is part of the other outfit I made

2007_06150002.jpg

Yesterday I took the cinderella dress I made to school, because I wanted a little girl to try it on and I needed to take it to the Dry Cleaners...

Well the mothers in the school LOVE the dress:blush: so... now I have 5 mothers that want the dress, I DO NOT CHARGE anything for sewing as I am not a profeccional and do not have a serger (french seams take me forever!!!)
I did not say NO to them (Lord I hate myself sometimes:furious: ) but I DO NOT HAVE THE TIME!!!!! I need to start sewing shorts for my kids and work on "20" tshirts for our trip in August, finish my graduation dress , still have the handbags to finish(10) (like I said I cannot say NO to people) I was hoping to be "done" sewing and taking a break... guess that I will have to avoid school next week:sad2: :sad2:

I enjoy sewing ::yes:: ,is kind of my therapy (specially when I have headaches) and sewing for the Big Give have been a JOY to me....but when I feel obligated to do stuff for people:sad1: it takes the joy away!!!!

SORRY GUYS I HAVE TO VENT!!!!!:hug:

Well the mothers in the school LOVE the dress:blush: so... now I have 5 mothers that want the dress, I DO NOT CHARGE anything for sewing as I am not a profeccional and do not have a serger (french seams take me forever!!!)
I did not say NO to them (Lord I hate myself sometimes:furious: ) but I DO NOT HAVE THE TIME!!!!! I need to start sewing shorts for my kids and work on "20" tshirts for our trip in August, finish my graduation dress , still have the handbags to finish(10) (like I said I cannot say NO to people) I was hoping to be "done" sewing and taking a break... guess that I will have to avoid school next week:sad2: :sad2:

I enjoy sewing ::yes:: ,is kind of my therapy (specially when I have headaches) and sewing for the Big Give have been a JOY to me....but when I feel obligated to do stuff for people:sad1: it takes the joy away!!!!

If they are asking you to make one for their daughters, I'm sure they expect to pay you for your time. You need to at least charge them something, if you make these dresses!

I know what you mean though. I am so not confident in my skills! I admire the ladys and Tom on here that can sell things on Ebay and other places! They are so brave! I've thought about selling things, but I get too nervous! Someday, maybe I'll give it a try!

Wanted to show what DD 4 wore today. She picked the fabric out before she came to live with us on a weekend visit. It was all of about 1.50 a yard on clearance! We had a psych eval so 2 dr's plus an appointment with her regular Dr. All I can say I am thankful that she at least looked cute today lol. I kept thinking of that little poem:
When she was good she was very very good ... and when she was bad she was horrid. :rotfl2: On a positive note it was not a place I wanted her to be well mannered and sweet in and I was afraid that they would only see that side of her. That office is the only place I want children to act like they do at home lol.

th_sewing030-1-1.jpg

th_sewing025-2-1.jpg

When we got home she was being a cutie. Anyway we got out the car she said Mommy you need to fix my hair again so you can take pictures of me in my new outfit! :rotfl: So we of course had to. ;)

Also if you do not mind say a little prayer that our good news gets better on Monday. I will let you guys know what is going on Monday after I talk to the kids worker either way but there could be something very very good happening very very soon! I am just trying not to jinx it by spilling the beans to early! :D
That outfit is super duper ADORABLE and i'm sending you tons of :goodvibes that your news is awesome.

Ok, so I was told today that I must be bored staying at home with my kids, and have nothing better to do with my time...and I can do what I do because I do not work!! Why??? This is what I was doing when one of dd's preschool friend's mom dropped by - sewing dolls/bear's clothes! She works and has every Friday off, and constantly tell me that my life must be boring, and I have all the free time to do things that I want to do that she doesn't.
I don't get why some people feel the need to be so negative and judgemental about someone else's choice like that :mad: I know people who are working parents and people who stay at home with their kids and I wouldn't say any of them have it easy.

Clare - I LOVE that you dotted the 'I' with a Mickey. Too cute!

Ok, I need a second (or 3rd & 4th) opinion. I grabbed these 2 fabrics out of my stash & then I wasn't sure I liked them together. The more I look at them, the more I like them, but still another opinion never hurts.
th_2008_06060007.jpg
I love that combo ::yes::

I've turned down a few people who've asked me to make things for them, I just wouldn't know what to charge for my time and with the current slew of cheap 'throwaway' clothing in stores i'd be worried people would want stuff for uber cheap and i'd lowball myself. I understand it's hard to say no, but try not to spread yourself too thin :hug:

So glad you liked them :goodvibes and recognized Mac and Mango's too! I hope you enjoy your mountain/cruise vacations but there is just something about the beach. Living here year-round is not anything like going on vacation. The winter is long and cold and windy and boring!!!!!!

Glad Henry is such a good hubby. :goodvibes I am soooooo expecting an AK trippie!!! :thumbsup2 Complete with funny teeth...
th_IMGP2554.jpg

:rotfl2: (I really hope I am not offending anyone! :worried: )

I am so excited that my quotes transferred over to the new thread! That was hilarious about the travel buddies! We say that every day about crossing streets and parking lots so my kids really know what that means! Heather, here is the perfect icon for ya...have you been using it... ::cop:
Hilarious!! :rotfl2: :rotfl: I think I saw those (pacifiers?) on eBay a while back.. I wanted to get one for my cousin's baby but I wasn't sure if she was using pacis.

Kris, I don't think the skirt on the stripwork jumper is too "twirly" though you know most of us don't know any such thing as TOO TWIRLY.

BUT most of her skirts are double full. I generally make mine 3x full for maximum twirl potential. Lily likes a nice big twirl. I think 2x full is probably JUST full enough. Also, it is really easy to figure out how long to make it. Just look at the little baby doll legs above each leg is the average age for this length of leg. go downthe leg until you reach where you'd like the skirt to hit then follow that line to the lefthand margin and you will find the lenth to make the strips.

I missed that bit the first time I made it so I did the math myself and figured out how long to make it..though I didn't do a very good job and it turned out a dress instead of a cute little twirl top.

Here is a stripwork jumper in the designated fullness, even though there are lots of pics on YCMT, I'll use Lily's as an example to apease the masses

Also she gives the width for the strips according to S,M,L and I never have found a place on that pattern that specifies what sizes S,M,L are. But in her easy fit pant pattern it shows them being S:1-3, M:4-6 and L:7-8

i'm not positive that they are the same for the stripwork top, but it's what I used for the last one I made.

I'm sure some of you see that it is 5ish in the AM and think that is a perfectly normal time to be up. I assure you that this is NOT the case here. I am pretty sure I have come down w/ strep throat. Since I get it like a million times a year, I'm pretty sure. I stayed at my MIL's since I was here late while DH had a show I couldn't go to (Lily w/ the pink eye and me w/ my strep...I'm sure my inlaws were THRILLED) Any way I was sleeping on the couch. I woke up shivering like I was out inthe snow and added a blanket, it wasn't enough, I added another blanket which was still not enough so I bundled up as tight as I could and made it back to sleep (the percocet I'd taken earlier helped out here) FW to 5 am I wake up sweating to death!!! Now I'm hot and I don't feel well and can't sleep.
My L eye is also itching like fire, but I have a cat sitting next to me,so I'm going to try not to start freakin' out that it's pink eye, for now I blame the cat.
I keep hoping my MIL will get up so I can do some work,since I am up. I hope I can make it to the wedding I have today. Even if I just go for a bit. Lily is really looking forward to going to the ball and I told her that we could go get our fingers and toes painted,since my feet look awful and I bought the cutest patent leather t-strap heels @ ninewest.

Okay. I'm going to try to stop rubbing my eye now and send a few much needed e-mails.;) AND try to go back to sleep!!!!

...t.
What a cutie pie, I love her expressions :cutie:

BUT most of her skirts are double full. I generally make mine 3x full for maximum twirl potential. Lily likes a nice big twirl. I think 2x full is probably JUST full enough. Also, it is really easy to figure out how long to make it. Just look at the little baby doll legs above each leg is the average age for this length of leg. go downthe leg until you reach where you'd like the skirt to hit then follow that line to the lefthand margin and you will find the lenth to make the strips.

I missed that bit the first time I made it so I did the math myself and figured out how long to make it..though I didn't do a very good job and it turned out a dress instead of a cute little twirl top.

Here is a stripwork jumper in the designated fullness, even though there are lots of pics on YCMT, I'll use Lily's as an example to apease the masses

Also she gives the width for the strips according to S,M,L and I never have found a place on that pattern that specifies what sizes S,M,L are. But in her easy fit pant pattern it shows them being S:1-3, M:4-6 and L:7-8

i'm not positive that they are the same for the stripwork top, but it's what I used for the last one I made.

...t.

Thank you so much for the detailed instructions!!!! I love the outfits you made!!! They are so cute.

My neice wears a size 7, but the measurement around her chest is 24 inches which puts her at a size 5 in that pattern. Does that sound right?

I hope you get to feeling better. :goodvibes

Tifani answered you very well, but I'll say I agree with her! It's very easy, and not too full. You could also buy the Simply Sweet dress pattern and make it a stripwork, then you would have some more options.

I wish I had seen the Simply Sweet tag on the photobucket account before I bought the stripwork pattern. It looks like there are so many options.

I also really like the ribbon stripwork pattern. Does anyone have it? Any opinions on the difficulty of it?

ETA: I tried for the first time to make thumbnails and it just showed up as red x's. Is it because they are not photobucket pictures?

I'm sure some of you see that it is 5ish in the AM and think that is a perfectly normal time to be up. I assure you that this is NOT the case here. I am pretty sure I have come down w/ strep throat. Since I get it like a million times a year, I'm pretty sure. I stayed at my MIL's since I was here late while DH had a show I couldn't go to (Lily w/ the pink eye and me w/ my strep...I'm sure my inlaws were THRILLED) Any way I was sleeping on the couch. I woke up shivering like I was out inthe snow and added a blanket, it wasn't enough, I added another blanket which was still not enough so I bundled up as tight as I could and made it back to sleep (the percocet I'd taken earlier helped out here) FW to 5 am I wake up sweating to death!!! Now I'm hot and I don't feel well and can't sleep.
My L eye is also itching like fire, but I have a cat sitting next to me,so I'm going to try not to start freakin' out that it's pink eye, for now I blame the cat.
I keep hoping my MIL will get up so I can do some work,since I am up. I hope I can make it to the wedding I have today. Even if I just go for a bit. Lily is really looking forward to going to the ball and I told her that we could go get our fingers and toes painted,since my feet look awful and I bought the cutest patent leather t-strap heels @ ninewest.

Okay. I'm going to try to stop rubbing my eye now and send a few much needed e-mails.;) AND try to go back to sleep!!!!

...t.
I hope you get better soon. :hug:

WOW!!!!! A new thread!!!!

Don't you hate it when you make plans, and cannot stick to them??????

I had plan to spend the day sewing yesterday, but between schools meeting
(PTA....always PTA:faint: ) and running errands I only worked on this yesterday:

2007_06150005.jpg

Not too happy as the arm holes look too big!!

2007_06150006.jpg

This is part of the other outfit I made

2007_06150002.jpg

Yesterday I took the cinderella dress I made to school, because I wanted a little girl to try it on and I needed to take it to the Dry Cleaners...

That is so pretty. You should definitely charge for the dresses. Atleast cover your cost to make the dresses and the time that it took you to do them.

Did I make it on to page 2?!

Wow, part six...:cool1:

Thanks TJ and HeatherSuefor always taking care of things and keeping the thread maintained and up to date on all sorts of extras.

Long live the Tiara Posse!!!

thanks for all the wishes about finally figuring out my sewing machine again.

I defiantly want to try a pattern from youcanmakethis.com. There was a few I thought were adorable. Right now I think if I told DH I wanted to order a pattern he would freak he is in one of those moods so I may run over to Joannes this weekend and get one. I just can't wait to make a dress for my dd! I am just nervous about a kid size dress my doll stuff yesterday wasn't to hot:worried: The only way I will get better is try right???

!

I bet your a perfectionist! I'm sure your doll sets were not anything like you were explaining. I find that doll clothes are hard to sew. It's all that little work and tight spaces. We all know you will do great!

subcribing!
Its 95 here today and gonna be 97 tomorrow- what is this??? Florida???

Had my quilt class- its an open sew, $15 pr time 10-1 on saturdays in June...I was the only one!!! WooHoo! It was nice and quiet, I think I sewed slower cause I wasnt used to the quiet.
Working on a little Nepali/Tibetian Chupa Robe (from Folkware pattern 109) out of this cute fabric with pandas on bamboo trees. Im almost done with it and then I think Ill do the Turkish bloomers to go with the robe. I am doing the Nepali version with ties (Tibet uses buttons)

My neice wears a size 7, but the measurement around her chest is 24 inches which puts her at a size 5 in that pattern. Does that sound right?

ETA: I tried for the first time to make thumbnails and it just showed up as red x's. Is it because they are not photobucket pictures?
DD is in a four and can wear a five in a few things. Did the size four for her and it is pretty big so it is probably right.

And yes they do not work if they are not photobucket pictures.

Well, I didn't have a moving buddy, but I made it over:goodvibes

I am glad to be here. I have been reading along but not posting any thing the last couple days. We were having a little garage sale. Friday and Saturday, it has been hot, Hot, hot, here in Atlanta. I am glad to be inside in the air conditioning again. We made a little money and I got rid of some clutter:thumbsup2

I love all of the latest outfits. The puppies were adorable!

Now do I want to take a nap or work on the outfit I cut out for DS way back on Thursday. . . :confused:

Good morning ladies! What? its not morning? Not even way over here on the west coast? I guess I should not have stayed up so late last night making an Alice costume... (just the blue, still have to figure out a white apron...) I feel like this right now...:faint: I was up till almost 4 and then got up at 7 to try and get AG tickets (the sale in Madison, WI).

Anyway, glad I found the new thread! Hopefully I'll have pics to share later this afternoon, there are a few other things I've finished recently, and I want to show you guys the sewing table my DH BUILT for me!!!:cool1: Last night was its first test drive...:thumbsup2

:offtopic:
Thursday Morning our cat caught a baby rabbit. It had only minor injuries but it was very young. We searched for the nest but we couldn't find it. We tried feeding it some kitten milk but it died on Thursday night. It's eyes weren't even open yet. Poor little thing. DD was devastated. So DH promised her a pet rabbit.

Thursday night Abby lost her other front tooth. She can be heard singing "All I want for Christmas is my two Front Teeth, My Two Front Teeth. . ."

After the garage sale we drove out to the country and bought DD the little bunny.

Here they are together. She adores the little rabbit. She named him Carrots. He is so soft.
IMG_6399.jpg

I don't remeber who was asking aout glueing the buttons on on the other thread, but I glued the Mickey scrapbook buttons on a shirt with fabirc glue and have washed it twice now and they have stayed on.

I don't remeber who was asking aout glueing the buttons on on the other thread, but I glued the Mickey scrapbook buttons on a shirt with fabirc glue and have washed it twice now and they have stayed on.

Hi = thanks - whew, Im relived I used that 6000 glue or whatever and had cut the stems of the buttons off so they would lay flat!!! Thanks so much!! Wendy

Man, you take a couple of hours off to sleep and run to JoAnn's and the thread gets all the way to page 3!!!:rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter