• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

P90x

Hi Tara! P90x has two options, classic and lean. You can google the P90x schedule for both of them. Basically it's 6 days of workouts and 1 day of rest for 3 weeks, followed by a recovery week (still workouts but less intense). There are 3 phases and the workouts switch up with each phase. As for the ab ripper, that is to be done on designated days, not everyday. When you google the schedules it will tell you what days to do the ab ripper.
I agree, yoga is one of the more mentally and physically brutal workouts. I'm on day 80 and still don't look forward to it. But I just keep pushing that play button :thumbsup2 Good luck with your workouts!!

I found a schedule! Don't know how I missed that in the handbook! So, essentially (we're doing classic) every time we have a legs/back or shoulders/arms type workout we ARE supposed to do the Ab ripper each time...guess we'll save those for night time...on the days we have Yoga or Kenpo we should not do ab rippers...that makes sense...no wonder I am not as sore as I thought I'd be! :) I'm still very sore but not crazy sore! :)

Thanks!!
Tara

Welcome lmhall2000!

My DH and I are just finishing week 4 (recovery week) of P90X classic. It took us 2 weeks to realize we were supposed to be doing the ab ripper after the strength workouts. You're smarter than we are!

So far we've loved the program. There are plenty of moves we can't do (damn you Dreya Weber!!!!) but each week we see ourselves getting stronger and more flexible.

Keep us posted on your progress and congratulations for taking on...."THE X" <said in my best cheesy Tony Horton voice>

:lmao: I was totally thinking the same thing about Dreya in phase 1!! Dreya is a monster, it's not even fair! :worship:

Today is my yoga day. I'm going into it with a positive attitude!

Began Phase II yesterday with the Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps workout.

I've never had any upper body strength but by the end of Phase One I was starting to feel hopeful. The One Armed Push Ups have destroyed any confidence I felt! Those buggers are INSANE!

Sigh...

Began Phase II yesterday with the Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps workout.

I've never had any upper body strength but by the end of Phase One I was starting to feel hopeful. The One Armed Push Ups have destroyed any confidence I felt! Those buggers are INSANE!

Sigh...

OMG! One arm push ups are just cruel! I just finished week 12 and I can do some. Not pretty ones, but at least it's better than my first attempts. I pretty much just fell straight to the floor and couldn't get up those first few times :rotfl:

I am interested in losing some weight. As for the diets and complex exercises, they seem to be lots of work especially when it comes to tracking calories. Sure would like to here some comments about the mail order dinners, or even better just my sticking with TV dinners such as Lean Cuisine, Smart Ones for at least lunch and dinner. Seems so much more simple. Sure would like to hear some comments on this approach.

I am interested in losing some weight. As for the diets and complex exercises, they seem to be lots of work especially when it comes to tracking calories. Sure would like to here some comments about the mail order dinners, or even better just my sticking with TV dinners such as Lean Cuisine, Smart Ones for at least lunch and dinner. Seems so much more simple. Sure would like to hear some comments on this approach.

I think if that's what it takes to get you motivated then it can work....I just tire of that type of food, it just doesn't taste good! You can make your own food from fresh or available pantry food....
Example for us today:
boiled eggs and 1 whole wheat english muffin...easy
1/2 apple for snack
lunch was a 3 bean chili canned soup and I added black beans and kidney beans then topped it with a serving of shaved cheddar (white) cheese. Filling!
Dinner will be chicken breast sauteed in garlic/olive oil on top of a salad with oil and vinegar for dressing...

Most mornings it's multigrain cheerios with skim milk, but every now and then I need protein or hot breakfast, a quick omelet is great!

Dinner can be 2 veggies...baked potato is great as long as it isn't loaded with sour cream/butter...just one pat butter and some scallions and cheese can do the trick....

We also will grill hamburgers or chicken on the grill and freeze them for heating up in other things later...

Good luck!! You can do it!!

We are on week two of p90x..I am really sore in the shoulders, but feel pretty good about being stronger....I have a long way to go, but hope we can stick it out for the 90 days!! I do not like the plyometrix..I have damaged knees and the jumps are soo hard on them, so I seem to have to modify a lot on that disc..the rest I can atleast try to a good degree....

Hoping as the weight comes off..the knees will be stronger!! :)

Tara

I agree with Tara, whatever will get you motivated and works for you is great! Another alternative to frozen dinners is canned soups. I love that there are so many varieties that ring in at about 200-260 calories per can. One of those, a slice of whole grain bread, and a piece of fruit, and I'm totally stuffed. One of my staples that I keep in the house when I'm trying to drop a few pounds is sandwich items. I buy high fiber bread, wraps, tortillas. Then lots of lean lunch meats, veggies, and spicy mustard. It's a super easy, no cook, way to eat healthy.

Way to go Tara with week 2 :cool1::cool1:! I have to say that the soreness does get better. It doesn't go away, but it becomes less crippling :laughing:.

I'm in my last recovery week, woohoo! I've been reading a lot of the P90x news letters and they have tons of great tips in them. I tried a couple of the recipes too and they are pretty good. I never thought about how many things you could put flaxseed in :). I'm going to have to buy the big bag they sell at costco now! When I start my next round of P90x I'm also thinking of trying out a protein shake. I'm finding it more difficult lately to get my protein in because my DD is always eating my meat that I pre cook for lunches/dinners! I think she's having a growth spurt or something.

We are on week two of p90x..I am really sore in the shoulders, but feel pretty good about being stronger....I have a long way to go, but hope we can stick it out for the 90 days!! I do not like the plyometrix..I have damaged knees and the jumps are soo hard on them, so I seem to have to modify a lot on that disc..the rest I can atleast try to a good degree..

Congratulations, Tara!!!! My DH and I are in week 5. I was SUPER sore for the first few weeks but by week three most of the soreness had gone away and I was already seeing huge improvements in my workouts. Things I couldn't do the first week I was able to do the third week.

Keep us posted on how you're doing!

My 90 days are up!! :cool1::cool1: I'm so glad I started this program, I'm hooked. I'm going to do a week and a half of the doubles schedule starting today. I leave for Disney soon and want to get in some extra workouts :thumbsup2. It was my rest week this week and I actually missed the strength workouts a lot! I'm excited to get back into the routine.

Keep up the good work everyone!! Glad to see all the progress :cheer2::cheer2:

Thanks for the encouragement, vickiemariko!

I'm so jealous of you being done. Just this morning my DH and I were talking about how fatigued our arms are from the Shoulders and Arms workout that we did two days ago.

Are you going to post an after picture wearing a P90X shirt?

Thanks for the encouragement, vickiemariko!

I'm so jealous of you being done. Just this morning my DH and I were talking about how fatigued our arms are from the Shoulders and Arms workout that we did two days ago.

Are you going to post an after picture wearing a P90X shirt?

Yes! I need to buy one first though! But then I will post a pic of me wearing it. I'm not as buff as Dreya, but I'm still a P90x grad :)

I know what you mean about the arm fatigue. Within minutes of completing an upper body workout I can feel the fatigue setting in. It makes washing your hair feel like a major chore! I'm always more sore about 36 hours after a tough workout.

For two years in a row, I have started this, stuck with it for 30-60 days and then stopped. I have a love/hate relationship with p90x. I'm on it again and hope to stick with it this time because it does work. The first time I did it, I lasted a good two months and lost 15 lbs. Those 15 lbs. have started to creep back so I have to be serious this time around. I'm doing more weight during the workouts and pushing myself harder and it HURTS!!!

PP is right, washing my hair has become painful but after 2 weeks, I've lost 2 lbs. (after gaining 5 in muscle weight), an inch off my waist and 3/4" off each arm. DH is really good at pushing me, but we can't always do the workouts together b/c he has really odd hours. I do love the days when he's home and we do p90x together. I yearn for the day that I can do an actual pull-up instead of doing the bands, LOL.

Does anyone complete their workouts on beachbody.com? If so, you can find me there. PM me for my user name if you want a buddy.

I just found this thread! I am on day 1 of Power 90, the prequel to P90X. I am not in shape for P90X, I tried it, and it was killing me. The Power 90 seems just my speed though. I've done both workouts as a "walkthrough" and started for real today. My goal is after I do my 90 days with this, I can go back to p90X and KILL it! lol. But it hurts to type right now. :rotfl:

Hello P90xers!! I just got back from my Dis vacation and I'm ready to get back into the P90x groove. My family and I were there for 13 nights on the dining plan and needless to say....it was not Tony Horton approved :lmao:. So starting Monday I'm going to do another round. And I'm going to try really hard to stick to the diet plan to maximize the results. I have a good motivator too, my 10 year high school reunion is in August!!

Oh man, I'm back on P90X, but Classic this time. I'd never done the plyo before as I had stuck to the Lean program and holy moley is it a butt kicker! I can do almost all of the DVD, until I hit the last chunk of moves. Hopefully I'll be able to finish the whole thing on week 5.

I'm currently on day 3 of week 3, but I didn't get around to Plyo yesterday, so I figured I'd do a double today. Needless to say, my body isn't thrilled with me right now. But it needs to deal with it!

Day 3 of Power 90.
I can already feel the exercises are getting better... I can do more and have a little left for the last segment. And I have gone from hopelessly flailing during the quad stretch to actually balancing! Thats right- by the end of the circiut, a didn't even need my chair!

Getting back on the P90X wagon after we get back from Disney next week. I've dropped 25 lbs so far but would love to drop another 14. I think adding muscle will help burn the last of the fat away.

Classic this time :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter