• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

P90x

Today is my day1 of the classic program! Oh man I have lost strength during my break. The dive bombers used to be so much easier. But I'm going to get back into the routine! I'm in the same boat as iheartdisney right now. My abs are already feeling sore.

Way to go Mindy! Love to hear about sucesses!
:banana:

Getting back on the P90X wagon after we get back from Disney next week. I've dropped 25 lbs so far but would love to drop another 14. I think adding muscle will help burn the last of the fat away.

Classic this time :)

I get to Disney on Saturday and I don't want to slack while I'm there. I would love to continue my workouts at AKL but I don't know if the gym has a DVD player or free weights. Although I can do plyo, I hate to just go for a run or doing boring exercises. I love that the p90x program keeps me going.

I've been using heavier weights this time and trying to build muscle. DH has been encouraging me to do this, but bulking up kind of sucks for a girl. I'm hoping the muscle overtakes the fat soon, LOL.

I get to Disney on Saturday and I don't want to slack while I'm there. I would love to continue my workouts at AKL but I don't know if the gym has a DVD player or free weights. Although I can do plyo, I hate to just go for a run or doing boring exercises. I love that the p90x program keeps me going.

I've been using heavier weights this time and trying to build muscle. DH has been encouraging me to do this, but bulking up kind of sucks for a girl. I'm hoping the muscle overtakes the fat soon, LOL.

Forget the DVDs, print out the routine and head on down. Not 100% sure but I seem to recall free weights in all Disney gyms.

Forget the DVDs, print out the routine and head on down. Not 100% sure but I seem to recall free weights in all Disney gyms.

I have the p90x android app on my phone but it's only to log what exercises you did, what weight you used and how many. Where can I find the routines with the way the exercise is done online so I can print it?

Has anyone lost alot of weight doing P90X either the Lean or Classic versions. I have about 50 pds to lose and in reading the beachbody website most people lose about 10 - 20 pds cause they are already pretty lean.

Just curious if this is for me or should I just be concentrating more on cardio only till I get to t a better weight. I already have P90X so no money would be wasted.

Thank you

Kim

I have the p90x android app on my phone but it's only to log what exercises you did, what weight you used and how many. Where can I find the routines with the way the exercise is done online so I can print it?

Unless you are entering a new phase, you really should be familiar with how to do each set. I guess that if you are not sure, then that can be an issue. The link to the spreadsheet I use follows.

One thing that I have done is rip and transfer DVD's to my iDevice. That gives increased portability to the program.

http://www.teambeachbody.com/get-fit/fitness-tools/workout-sheets

Either excel spreadsheet at the bottom of the list will give you your workouts.
Note that a printer friendly version of each workout is located on the far far right tabs.

Now I am going to go look for apps....

Has anyone lost alot of weight doing P90X either the Lean or Classic versions. I have about 50 pds to lose and in reading the beachbody website most people lose about 10 - 20 pds cause they are already pretty lean.

Just curious if this is for me or should I just be concentrating more on cardio only till I get to t a better weight. I already have P90X so no money would be wasted.

Thank you

Kim

Honestly, if you are looking to lose weight, you need a weight program. Cardio alone is not enough for many folks. Is P90X the correct program? Not 100% sure. The correct program is one where you will have 2-4 strength sessions a week and one that you will actually follow. P90X can be intimidating, but do not let it be. Tony ALWAYS gives cues for those who are not quite ready for the full effort exercise. So in a nutshell, P90X can be the tool that you use for strength workouts. I do encourage a beginner in strength workouts to understand proper form during the workout. Tony does not always give form cues early.... I suggest having a large mirror as you start off so you can see what your are doing.

Hockeychic- P90x is great for weight loss, but I do find that I need a little bit more cardio in order to see the scale move quicker. When I first started with the lean p90x, I just followed exactly what was on the schedule. Then for the second half of my 90 days I added in my running again and the weight started coming off. I've heard of some people doing the cardio dvd 2x a week in addition to the regular dvds, and that really helping boost weight loss. But since you are just starting I would stick with the regular program and see how it goes from there. You don't want to burn out too quickly. You want to make it a program that you will see through to the end. Good luck and welcome to the X :thumbsup2.

End of week 1 classic for me :yay::yay:. I'm really looking forward to the rest day tomorrow. I've been trying to follow the p90x phase 1 diet this week and I'm not being very successful. I am also keeping up a running schedule and I think that I just need more carbs. I've never felt so wiped with p90x before, so next week I'm going to try out the phase 2 diet and see if that increases my energy levels.

I just finished week 5 today! :banana: I must admit I thought about quitting after not seeing much results after day 30, but heard that you don't really see huge results until after the 60 day mark. Am I the only one who can't stand Dreya? :laughing: Oh and Katie too, "I'm gonna do Corn Cobs!" Ugh... :rotfl:

I just finished week 5 today! :banana: I must admit I thought about quitting after not seeing much results after day 30, but heard that you don't really see huge results until after the 60 day mark. Am I the only one who can't stand Dreya? :laughing: Oh and Katie too, "I'm gonna do Corn Cobs!" Ugh... :rotfl:

I get so mad at some of the moves I cuss at Tony :yay:

I am in week 13 now. Loved it so much I became a coach for BB. Awesome program! I am down about 20 pounds :woohoo:

I saw huge results the first 30 and almost stagnant the last 60. Just how it is. Everyone's different. Focus on the process and not the results. You (and I) will get the results we desire if we just keep pushing play!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter