Out of State Disneyland Trip Planning Thread

Woo hoo!!!!!! DL wasn't available but we got tickets and reservations for California Adventure!!!!!! We figure if DL opens up we may try to switch but if not I'm happy with at least having CA!!!!!!

Maybe I just made a terrible mistake. I opted for the Good Neighbor hotel package.
But nothing but a blank screen appears if I try to view "my hotel reservations".
So ... I can't create park reservations? Is my reservation in limbo somewhere between Disney and the hotel?
If I need to undo this, I hope they're as good at returning my money as they were at taking it.

Park reservations booked for 9/11 and 12! On my email, I got an email from the local news saying DL was open for OOS. I was Like what?? we are going in three days! Then I opened it, oh, June 15 🤣 I had a panic for a second! Back to resort only for us! But I’m super excited my mother/son trip is on!

Darn! missed this announcement. Days that we plan to go have no reservations available now (was available yesterday). Hopefully they open up more reservation slots for end of June!

Darn! missed this announcement. Days that we plan to go have no reservations available now (was available yesterday). Hopefully they open up more reservation slots for end of June!

Probably not going to open up much more availability for end of June. They already did that a couple times. After June 15, they are allegedly only going up to 40% capacity from 35%.

You can keep checking because people cancel reservations. Also, if you book an on property hotel, you will be able to get in whenever. They have a separate reservation bucket and pretty much all days are still available.

Hurray! I was totally giving up on the system, after all the glitches and most recently some sort of not authorized to access the page message etc... I went to bed, and looked at my newly downloaded DL app for the last time before giving up for the night.
And there it was! Everything I needed to link up the hotel reservation and make park reservations.
(Except I ended up turning on my laptop again to get the hotel reservation number. Maybe it was somewhere on the app, but I didn't see it.)
So we have DL, CA, and DL park reservations for our 2 1/2 days in August.
I can deal with the airline stuff tomorrow. My mood just jumped from about a 2 out of 10 to an 8!
That's good enough for now.

Someone mentioned having the same problem when they booked The Grand.
I had the same problem too. I booked our room at the Grand on my laptop, but got the blank screen when I tried to make park reservations. So I tried to do the reservations on my phone. That worked.

Can we link good neighbor hotels to our Disney app and make park reservations from that? I tried but it says it doesn't see a reservation. Also we made the reservation with priceline so does that make a difference?

Can we link good neighbor hotels to our Disney app and make park reservations from that? I tried but it says it doesn't see a reservation. Also we made the reservation with priceline so does that make a difference?
I could when booked as a package through Disney.
I feel like such a noob these days -- between DL, which I've never been to, and the whole reservation system etc... I'm making rookie mistakes. Now that I got the tix linked and the park reservations, I'm happy enough with our GN hotel, but ... decided that 1/2 day wasn't going to be enough so I used this as an excuse to also book 1 Paradise Pier night with hotels.com. Now I'm wishing I hadn't backed down to the 3 day hoppers from the 4 day that were automatically put in my cart.
Waiting on the callback from the airline is costing me money! (By giving me time to think about and book that extra night.)
I don't think switching hotels that last day will be too much of an issue. They're basically just across the park from each other, so we could drag our carry-ons or maybe taxi? Anyone with DL experience who can tell me if that's going to be a hassle or what's best to do?
Would it work to just check out of the GN 1st thing in the morning, stick the stuff in a locker, go to the park, then mid-afternoon grab our bags out of the locker and go check into PP, rest for an hour or so and go back to the park?

Last edited:
I could when booked as a package through Disney.
I feel like such a noob these days -- between DL, which I've never been to, and the whole reservation system etc... I'm making rookie mistakes. Now that I got the tix linked and the park reservations, I'm happy enough with our GN hotel, but ... decided that 1/2 day wasn't going to be enough so I used this as an excuse to also book 1 Paradise Pier night with hotels.com. Now I'm wishing I hadn't backed down to the 3 day hoppers from the 4 day that were automatically put in my cart.
Waiting on the callback from the airline is costing me money! (By giving me time to think about and book that extra night.)
I don't think switching hotels that last day will be too much of an issue. They're basically just across the park from each other, so we could drag our carry-ons or maybe taxi? Anyone with DL experience who can tell me if that's going to be a hassle or what's best to do?
Would it work to just check out of the GN 1st thing in the morning, stick the stuff in a locker, go to the park, then mid-afternoon grab our bags out of the locker and go check into PP, rest for an hour or so and go back to the park?

What hotel GN hotel are you staying in? The GN designation doesn’t really have much meaning outside of being authorized to sell DLR tickets. You should bring your stuff via Uber or Lyft to PP and have them store it if your room isn’t ready. Otherwise, you will have to drag all of your things through security and they will have to check all of your belongings.

To use the "Hotel Theme Park Reservations" you need to be booked at one of the 3 resort hotels. If you are at a Good Neighbor hotel, you book thru the regular reservation system.

Easiest will be to Uber around.

What hotel GN hotel are you staying in? The GN designation doesn’t really have much meaning outside of being authorized to sell DLR tickets. You should bring your stuff via Uber or Lyft to PP and have them store it if your room isn’t ready. Otherwise, you will have to drag all of your things through security and they will have to check all of your belongings.
To use the "Hotel Theme Park Reservations" you need to be booked at one of the 3 resort hotels. If you are at a Good Neighbor hotel, you book thru the regular reservation system.

Easiest will be to Uber around.
Thanks for the Uber suggestion. I haven't used one yet, but guess I will!
Also I appreciate the info about security. I somehow had missed that the pass-through plaza area between the parks (which probably has a real name) was behind the security check. So yeah, that makes sense now.

Somewhere I thought I'd seen that you couldn't store luggage at the resorts recently? But that would make zero sense, so hopefully I was just imagining it.

One note regarding the Good Neighbors and the park reservations though, in case it gets confusing for any other folks booking GN packages like me: I was able, after a few hours, to link my package to the park reservation system. I'm not sure it is really linking the hotel itself as much as the hoppers, but whether it was through the "regular" system or the "hotel" system was irrelevant to me, as all I had to do was enter the "package reservation number" in the app and then pick the parks off the reservation calendar.

Honestly, I find the whole situation way too confusing for just going to a theme park, but it is what it is!

Woohoo! looks like much more reservations slots opened up in June for mostly Park Hoppers and with Disneyland as the opening theme park.
All set to go.. excited!
Wonder if they are increasing capacity to more than 40% after June 15th.. or if this is part of the 5% increase to get to 40%?

Woohoo! looks like much more reservations slots opened up in June for mostly Park Hoppers and with Disneyland as the opening theme park.
All set to go.. excited!
Wonder if they are increasing capacity to more than 40% after June 15th.. or if this is part of the 5% increase to get to 40%?
Dang not for the day I need.

Boom! The insanity is over. Praise be to all divine entities!!!

:earboy2: I agree! We're planning on a fall break trip, but still want to wait on booking to see what Halloween festivities might take place, and on what dates. So our wait continues.....

But I'm so happy for all OOS-ers who can now book and get back to their happy place!

I have regular tickets and got a reservation for DCA only. Would it be worth it to upgrade to a park hopper? I'm wondering if there is any chance that we will actually be able to get into DL. DL wasn't available that day. Can't figure out how to upgrade.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter