Out of State Disneyland Trip Planning Thread

A small regional airport near me just started getting service from Avelo airlines which offers $19 one way tickets to the burbank airport. Somedays its a little more expensive but still can go round trip for less than $100 per person most days. But it seems like a headache to get to Anaheim / Disney from Burbank. And any savings from the flight would be lost paying for ground transportation.
Agreed that the cost of ground transportation could eat away at the savings, but we Uber'ed to and from Burbank pre-COVID and it was better than renting a car and parking. Rental cars are really off the charts right now even if you have DVC free parking.

Agreed that the cost of ground transportation could eat away at the savings, but we Uber'ed to and from Burbank pre-COVID and it was better than renting a car and parking. Rental cars are really off the charts right now even if you have DVC free parking.

Looks like you can take the train for $20 and it dumps you like 3 miles from DL. I personally would do it to save money, especially in my younger days but good luck talking my wife into doing that, especially with our 1 year old.

Holy Toledo. Yesterday I booked the park reservations for October 4 (our first day) and today when I went back in to book October 5, October 4 is showing not available! That's only one day after the "window" for that date opened!:scared1:
Looks like all dates are open after July 15. Maybe a glitch in the system when you were looking because October 4 showing availability for park hopper and 1 day ticket.

Looks like all dates are open after July 15. Maybe a glitch in the system when you were looking because October 4 showing availability for park hopper and 1 day ticket.
I hope that's all it was... I was about to panic!

I picked up our 2nd day yesterday and need to get our 3rd and final day in the morning, and then I will rest easy!

A small regional airport near me just started getting service from Avelo airlines which offers $19 one way tickets to the burbank airport. Somedays its a little more expensive but still can go round trip for less than $100 per person most days. But it seems like a headache to get to Anaheim / Disney from Burbank. And any savings from the flight would be lost paying for ground transportation.
We are also flying into Burbank and shuttle service is non existent. Lansky is $175 one way. Ended up getting a one way rental car through Costco/Alamo for $98 with a drop of at the Katella Alamo location.

I hope that's all it was... I was about to panic!

I picked up our 2nd day yesterday and need to get our 3rd and final day in the morning, and then I will rest easy!

If you already booked on that day for your ticket it does show up as unavailable on the calendar. Mine does at least. I have October 2 -5 booked and if I go in it shows me as unavailable because I've already booked them. I also have one day left to book and then can relax! Stressful isn't it?

If you already booked on that day for your ticket it does show up as unavailable on the calendar. Mine does at least. I have October 2 -5 booked and if I go in it shows me as unavailable because I've already booked them. I also have one day left to book and then can relax! Stressful isn't it?
Yes it is stressful!

So I think my browser wasn't refreshing (I had left a tab open on the reservation page to remind myself to go in each day as our dates opened) because I went to book our last day just now and it showed nothing available... but I closed that window, opened and new one and logged back in , and it was all there and available.

WHEW!

Looks like I'm checking in July 7th! The hardest part was choosing flights which felt absurd.. usually they are plentiful and cheap from PDX! Just about all dining reservations are taken which I was expecting but I'll be keeping my ears open for anything new to open up between now and then!
Who did you end up booking? Flights seem super pricey this summer!

We are coming in for one night in Aug & staying at Disneyland Hotel. It is very different from the whole bracelet thing at WDW. Tried to book dining but system crashed.
Do the toddler rides have “fast passes” or whatever they call them at DLR?
Hoping it won’t be too hot. Taking the umbrella stroller which doesn’t have umbrella but thinking of renting one at the park since it at least has a shade. Are these still available?

We are coming in for one night in Aug & staying at Disneyland Hotel. It is very different from the whole bracelet thing at WDW. Tried to book dining but system crashed.
Do the toddler rides have “fast passes” or whatever they call them at DLR?
Hoping it won’t be too hot. Taking the umbrella stroller which doesn’t have umbrella but thinking of renting one at the park since it at least has a shade. Are these still available?

Fastpasses aren’t currently available. In the past, though, when fastpasses were available, they could not be used for the rides in Fantasyland (which is where a lot of the toddler rides are located).

So frustrating. I have tried to call guest services numerous times about ticket questions and can never get through and emailed them a week ago and still no response. This is ridiculous. Really wish they made it easier to contact them.

So frustrating. I have tried to call guest services numerous times about ticket questions and can never get through and emailed them a week ago and still no response. This is ridiculous. Really wish they made it easier to contact them.

What's the ticket question? Maybe we can help?

First time visiting since moving to Nevada... We are driving in to DLR from our home in Summerlin, Las Vegas in October. Leaving the house at 5am on a Tuesday and giving ourselves ~4 hrs to get there, planning to arrive inside the park around 9-10am. Sound reasonable? Anyone else here from Vegas and familiar with the trek?

First time visiting since moving to Nevada... We are driving in to DLR from our home in Summerlin, Las Vegas in October. Leaving the house at 5am on a Tuesday and giving ourselves ~4 hrs to get there, planning to arrive inside the park around 9-10am. Sound reasonable? Anyone else here from Vegas and familiar with the trek?

No, that's not reasonable. You are going to hit rush hour traffic as you get near the 57 freeway. Best case, you will arrive in Anaheim around 10:00. More likely it will be well after 10am. Then, you have to park at either the parking lots or your hotel, and make your way through security and into the parks. What's your situation there? Where are you staying? That will determine what your arrival timeline will look like. Realistically, don't count on being inside a park before noon and be pleasantly surprised if you are.

Last time we drove back home (we live very close to Anaheim) from Vegas, it was a Monday morning and what should have been a 4 hour ride was a freaking 7.5 hour CRAWL home. There was construction, accidents, regular traffic. The whole enchilada. Tuesdays are bad now as well.

No, that's not reasonable. You are going to hit rush hour traffic as you get near the 57 freeway. Best case, you will arrive in Anaheim around 10:00. More likely it will be well after 10am. Then, you have to park at either the parking lots or your hotel, and make your way through security and into the parks. What's your situation there? Where are you staying? That will determine what your arrival timeline will look like. Realistically, don't count on being inside a park before noon and be pleasantly surprised if you are.

Last time we drove back home (we live very close to Anaheim) from Vegas, it was a Monday morning and what should have been a 4 hour ride was a freaking 7.5 hour CRAWL home. There was construction, accidents, regular traffic. The whole enchilada. Tuesdays are bad now as well.
yikes... maybe we will head out a little earlier. I've gotten mixed reviews from my NV friends who have done it themselves and said it was even as quick as 3.5 hrs or like you said as long at 7. We are staying at a hotel on Harbor the Del Sol Inn. They OK'd us checking in after the park closes around 11pm or midnight. We were hoping to park at Toy Story Lot if it is up and running then (with Oogie Boogie Bash in October I am hoping so!)

yikes... maybe we will head out a little earlier. I've gotten mixed reviews from my NV friends who have done it themselves and said it was even as quick as 3.5 hrs or like you said as long at 7. We are staying at a hotel on Harbor the Del Sol Inn. They OK'd us checking in after the park closes around 11pm or midnight. We were hoping to park at Toy Story Lot if it is up and running then (with Oogie Boogie Bash in October I am hoping so!)

So, why wouldn't you just drive straight to Del Sol and park your car, check in and head to the parks? There is no need to pay $25 to Disney to park if you are staying literally across the street. You can check into a hotel anytime. Your room just may not be available until official check in time, but I've never been turned away from checking in early at any hotel, ever.

The Toy Story Lot is up and running now!🙂

They OK'd us checking in after the park closes around 11pm or midnight.

Just throwing this out there since they have late check in - is it feasible and within your budget/schedule to head out late the night before and stay in the hotel overnight so you can hit the park first thing in the morning and have all day?

We also like to start our vacation right after work and get all the traveling out of the way so we can pack in as much fun as possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter