Our Thanksgiving Fantasy - Nov 22-Dec 1 - COMPLETE!!

I love Disney snow. It's so much better than the real crud!!!!

I am late to the party, but got myself caught up. Your first day looks pretty great. and I loved all the FE's you made.

I love Disney snow. It's so much better than the real crud!!!!

I grew up in the Midwest. Iowa in fact. And I often miss the four distinct seasons. We live in South Carolina now and we get a dusting to a few inches of snow every few years. Last winter I never even got out my winter coat. It just didn't get cold enough. Sometimes I really miss the snow. But I am glad I don't have to shovel or drive in it or deal with the bitter cold. The summers can really be bad here though. This is where you ask yourself the question ... would you rather be too hot?? Or too cold?? The answer changes all of the time.

I am late to the party, but got myself caught up. Your first day looks pretty great. and I loved all the FE's you made.

Thanks Jen. They were really fun to make.

OK I am home and all caught up.

The gifts are really cute. I may have to get back into sewing. Of course I would have to buy a new machine as I gave my last one to my mom. She is an amazingly gifted person with a sewing machine. I have been known to hem my pants with a stapler.

Only 1500 pics? I took over 3300 although I did trim that number down to around 3000. I played around with my settings quite a but an got rid of some of the not as successful shots. Will be starting my TR as soon as I organize the pics on to flickr.

Looking forward to the cruise as my DH is now interested on going on a Disney cruise one day. I get Disney and h doesn't have to walk around.

Great pics of the Osborne Lights! Very cool that you were there for the lighting.

Nice to see a photo of you and the kids! You should make into more of your trip reports.

Yes, we midwesterners don't get too excited about snow. Or the frigid temps we're currently dealing with.

Merry Christmas to you, too!

I am excited to read your adventure, I am looking at going on to a Disney cruise, I have only done NCL cruises, so it will be good to see the differences.

Hey :welcome: Thanks for joining !! We have only done Disney. And it was AMAZING !! I highly recommend.

Love you Osborne lights pics. :santa:

Those lights are awesome !!

OK I am home and all caught up.

YAY. It is good to get away, but I'm am always happy to be home once I get there.

The gifts are really cute. I may have to get back into sewing. Of course I would have to buy a new machine as I gave my last one to my mom. She is an amazingly gifted person with a sewing machine. I have been known to hem my pants with a stapler.

Thanks. LOL on the stapler ....

Only 1500 pics? I took over 3300 although I did trim that number down to around 3000. I played around with my settings quite a but an got rid of some of the not as successful shots. Will be starting my TR as soon as I organize the pics on to flickr.

Okay, now you are making me look bad.

Looking forward to the cruise as my DH is now interested on going on a Disney cruise one day. I get Disney and h doesn't have to walk around.

I highly recommend a Disney Cruise. Let me know if you have any questions.

Great pics of the Osborne Lights! Very cool that you were there for the lighting.

It was soooo cool to see them come on.

Nice to see a photo of you and the kids! You should make into more of your trip reports.

Yeah, I know. I have more photos of me this trip because I did my hair and wore make-up on the boat and Disney took the photos. For some odd reason DH takes the worst photos of me. I just can't show them, they are so bad.

Yes, we midwesterners don't get too excited about snow. Or the frigid temps we're currently dealing with.

Sometimes I miss the snow, other times I am so glad I don't have to deal with it.

Merry Christmas to you, too!

Thanks so much !! It is coming up FAST !!!

Day 2 – Part 1

We got up around 7:30 AM and got going. No one had a problem getting up because we were all so excited about getting on the ship. I was looking forward to meeting everyone on our Facebook group and we had a kids meet scheduled for this day for the people in our Facebook group at 2:30 PM in the D-Lounge on the boat.

First things first though …… breakfast.

We got the car packed, called up to the front desk to check out and then went to the Artist Palette at SSR for breakfast.

DH and I split

Bounty Platter - Scrambled Eggs, Breakfast Potatoes, Bacon, Sausage, Biscuit, and small Mickey-shaped Waffle 9.69

DD already stole our Mickey waffle for herself.

DS got the

Western Omelet with Breakfast Potatoes 8.79

This actually surprised me because he doesn’t really eat eggs much at home, but he scarfed this whole thing down. And this is the best photo I got.

He had already destroyed the breakfast potatoes.

DD got the

Mickey-shaped Waffles - Three small Mickey-shaped Waffles with Bacon 6.99

This restaurant is really cool. The lights are really interesting and pretty.

We checked out the Magic Band merchandise in the gift shop.

And some Christmas items

And then we got in the car …. And headed to port.

We take the toll road, so we had our bag of quarters ready. I think it is something like $4.75 altogether and DH moaned about it the whole time.

As we arrived, we could see her in the distance. The Fantasy !!

We pulled into the terminal and gave our checked bags to the porters there. And then we parked in the parking garage. There are other places to park and this garage costs $120 for the week, but it is literally RIGHT there, so we thought it was worth it. We parked on the third floor and walked right across the skyway into the terminal.

After you take a Disney cruise, you become a Castaway Club member so you get an expedited check out. We did the online check-in as well. So check in was super easy and quick.

We snagged an early boarding time online. When they start boarding they do it by group numbers. Group number 1, 2 … and so forth. We got boarding number 2 !!!

That means we got to get on early. Last time I think our boarding number was 30 or some such. I got a bracelet for DD so she could go the kids club if she wanted. And then we just waited for time to board. I amused myself by taking photos.

I saw some people from Facebook group and said hello. It was great to finally meet them !!

And .... Finally … it was time !!

We entered through the magical ears !!

Day 2  Part 2

When I last left off we were about to enter through the magical ears !!

We went up the gangway

They announced us  Welcome aboard the Crane Family !! DS wanted them to say Taco cat is Taco cat spelled backwards, but I insisted on our real name. And I gotta tell ya, the CMs were visibly disappointed that I didnt go with Taco cat. So my advice to you all wanting to mix it up and say something silly when they announce your family, go for it.

And we boarded the boat. And I took a couple of crappy photos.

It was all decorated for Christmas  just beautiful !!

We looked around and oooed and ahhhhd over the foyer and then we headed down to La Piazza. It was in the bar area on the 4th floor aft.

It is such a pretty place. Decorated like a carousel.

We were there to snag a spot for the wine and chocolate tasting later in the week. I took photos while DH took care of the details.

They had this grotto area with the bathrooms. It was cool.

The kids couldn't resist the motorcycle

After that, we headed down to Guest Services where we updated our credit card info. Mine was expiring in a few days so I wanted to give them the updated info. We met some more people from our Facebook group while we were there.

After that, we headed up to deck 11 to see if the quick service places were open. Most people head to Cabanas for lunch (which is a huge buffet), but we didnt want to get in the crowd so we opted for these places.

These places have a mix of pizza, hot dogs, hamburgers, sandwiches and salads. We found a place to sit and had our lunch.

I didnt get pictures of the food, but I had a hot dog, DD had pizza, DS had a burger and DH had a tuna wrap. We saw more people from our Facebook group and it was fun to say hello.

Wow! That ship is just gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing more pics.

Previously, when you were boarding number 30, how long did it take for your name to be called? Are the numbers given out randomly?

Wow! That ship is just gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing more pics.

Previously, when you were boarding number 30, how long did it take for your name to be called? Are the numbers given out randomly?

It really is an amazing ship !! I am afraid my photos don't do it justice.

I think it has to do with how soon you do online check-in. I was just learning last time and got a later number as a result. As far as time, we boarded the boat this time about 11 - 11:30 AM. Last time, we boarder after noon, so an hour difference.

It really is an amazing ship !! I am afraid my photos don't do it justice.

I think it has to do with how soon you do online check-in. I was just learning last time and got a later number as a result. As far as time, we boarded the boat this time about 11 - 11:30 AM. Last time, we boarder after noon, so an hour difference.

We were group 2, as well. I headed straight to GS to sign up for the Build your own Gingerbread House... :hourglass

We were group 2, as well. I headed straight to GS to sign up for the Build your own Gingerbread House... :hourglass

I found out about that later, I think. Those spots filled up fast !! Were you allowed to take it home ?? I wondered if that would pass through customs. Let me know how you liked and post photos if you have some !!

Susan

Day 2 – Part 3

After lunch, we scoped out a couple of empty loungers and DD went to get her swimsuit on while DH took a bunch of photos on deck.

People were already lining up for the Aqua Duck

The Adult pool

We both got a drink of the day and just sat and enjoyed some downtime.

DS showed back up and did funny things with the little thingys that held our drink garnishes.

He had gone to check out the Vibe which is the teen club. They gave him a new key card specifically for the Vibe kids. He thought it was really cool.

You see the letters there after our dinner time?

AERAEER – that indicates our dinner rotation. A = Animators Palate, E = Enchanted Garden and R = Royal Court.

We kept an eye for DD to come through the Aqua Duck.

DS and I chatted. He seemed cool with things so far.

Disney Cruise Line has lifeguards now. We saw them the entire trip. I think this is a good thing.

Finally, it was time for us to go check out our stateroom !! And we could finally have a place to put our carry-on stuff we had been lugging around for a few hours.

OMG THAT CAT PICTURE BWAINZ BAHAHA :laughing:

MY LIGHTS OH MY GOD THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL. SO excited to see them again this weekend.

SNOAP!

THE FANTASY ALKHLKSFHLKSHDLK

I literally CANNOT deal with these decorations in the atrium. Oh my GOD.

We went to the Cars themed QS locations on the Dream and they were so cute.

Just noticed that this whole comment is like all caps. Sorry not sorry.

I found out about that later, I think. Those spots filled up fast !! Were you allowed to take it home ?? I wondered if that would pass through customs. Let me know how you liked and post photos if you have some !! Susan

We had to finish them before the cruise ended. Couldn't take them off. :(

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

OMG THAT CAT PICTURE BWAINZ BAHAHA :laughing:

IKR - that photo always makes me laugh. It is hilarious.

MY LIGHTS OH MY GOD THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL. SO excited to see them again this weekend.

They are soooo amazing !!

SNOAP!

That is funny, too.

THE FANTASY ALKHLKSFHLKSHDLK

I literally CANNOT deal with these decorations in the atrium. Oh my GOD.

I loved it all decorated for Christmas. Really beautiful.

We went to the Cars themed QS locations on the Dream and they were so cute.

Just noticed that this whole comment is like all caps. Sorry not sorry.

LOL - I don't mind the all caps. I enjoy your enthusiasm.

I remember photo reluctance. Funny how that goes away when you're older. Now I'm like "heeeyyyyy!!!" when people take pictures. :rotfl2:

Hahahaha, it would be like eating Mickey's brains. That's too funny.

Holy smokes, Hannah did get really wet on the playground! Even when I was that age, I couldn't stand it. Just never got in with the whole "getting soaked in your clothes" thing.

I love the Osborne Lights, they're so pretty.

Nope. Snow is not exciting for me WHATSOEVER! :rotfl2:

Man, $120 for the week? That's like airport parking. When my parents went, they drove the car down, but elected to keep the car at the resort instead, so the Disney Cruise Line bus came and picked them up at the resort.

The Fantasy just looks beautiful. Someday I'll make it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter