• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our Thanksgiving Fantasy - Nov 22-Dec 1 - COMPLETE!!

OMG - that would be awesome!

I really hope it sticks. 3 FP's a day just aren't enough for us

Loved reading about your cruise!

Thanks !! You are going to LOVE it!!

Yay for a return to the MK! How fun that you met up with some of your son's new friends.

They were wonderful people. We all still keep in touch.

Love DH's rain hat.

He has a bunch of hats. He loves them.

That is such a bummer about the MB's not working yet. We had zero problems with them, but it will be interesting to see what happens next time.

It was very sketchy. Everywhere we went, at least one of ours wouldn't work. It was annoying.

I think that little light up flash drive is pretty cool, but I can't help wondering how much money they are spending on all that stuff. I rather have a cheaper AP. :rotfl2:

I wondered the same thing. It is really cool, but all it was was a tutorial on My Disney Experience. Nothing I didn't already know.

I think I missed a couple updates, so I still need to catch up! :goodvibes

I almost forgot - I was happy to read you were getting your cast off! Hope your ankle is feeling good. :thumbsup2

We are having a bad winter storm, so everything is closed, so I am stuck with the cast for a few more days. I am super bummed, but I am glad to be staying inside. It is a mess out there!!

This is great info!! I actually get to choose my FP's for our trip in April starting tomorrow, so it will be interesting to see how many I can get.

from what it says you can only book three at a time, apparently they are testing being able to book more once your original three have been used.

from what it says you can only book three at a time, apparently they are testing being able to book more once your original three have been used.

Yes, I set all of mine up yesterday and I was only able to get three. Same tier situation. Very disappointing. Thanks so much for sharing though !!

Day 10 – Part 3

When I last left you, we were headed here.

We met up with DS and his friend and her parents and we all rode together.

We chatted a while with DS’s friends and then we parted ways. We were ready for lunch and our favorite CS place in the MK was right before us.

Columbia Harbor House. We had our usual. Chicken tenders for the kids and shrimp for DH and I. I love their fried shrimp. I didn’t get photos of our food because we always eat here and always order the same thing. After that, we went over to ride DD’s favorite. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

THESE were making their appearance.

We had FP+ for that, so we got right on. DH got some fun photos.

After that, we headed towards Adventureland and rode POTC with no wait

And then on to our last ride of the day. We had FP+ for this one as well. Jungle Cruise had a Christmas overlay – Jingle Cruise – that I wanted to see.

I love Columbia Harbor House. It's been a while since I have eaten there though.

I love Columbia Harbor House. It's been a while since I have eaten there though.

It is always a win for us. It never disappoints. And If you find a nice quiet spot upstairs, it can be a nice break from an otherwise hectic day.

Caught up. I love CHH but usually am alone in that. I love the shrimp.

Not a fan of the FP+ right now. I have had conversations with my traveling companion for the May trip and this will be really tough. She really likes to decide what park that day or hop around. Now we are going to have to make plans. I didn't have to worry about tiers in December now we do. Just a major headache.

Not a fan of the FP+ right now. I have had conversations with my traveling companion for the May trip and this will be really tough. She really likes to decide what park that day or hop around. Now we are going to have to make plans. I didn't have to worry about tiers in December now we do. Just a major headache.

I am right there with you. Not a fan either. Not at all.

Susan

Great updates and pics.

We were at Us that day. Unlike Lorrie I will will go back to US bring I want to see Diagon Alley really badly. :rotfl2:

I've still not been to CHH. The menu just doesn't appeal to us as much as Peco's Bills. We always seem to head that direction anytime we're in the Liberty Square/Adventureland area.

Always love riding BTMRR! :thumbsup2

Great updates and pics.

We were at Us that day. Unlike Lorrie I will will go back to US bring I want to see Diagon Alley really badly. :rotfl2:

I didn't say I will NEVER go back. I want to see Diagon Alley as well. It just wasn't a great experience for me. Some of the attractions were really lame and I don't do the thrill rides so not as much of draw for me. I'm sure Nathan will love it, I know my grandson would have a ball there and he is Nathan's age. Loves the roller coasters. The parks are nice and IOA is very colorful.

Susan go, don't base my review as a reason to skip it. I was in serious pain which didn't help anything. I hated the idea of having to lock up my backpack for some rides. I have too much invested in my camera equipment to trust the lockers. I will go again especially if we have the grandkids because I know they will enjoy it. I'm jut not in a big hurry to go back.

why not just wait until you get to a park to make them? Most of the time when I've gone to WDW other than wear I had an ADR that night or a tour booked, I didn't have a clue where i would be. I'd often just play bus roulette and get on the first bus that showed up.

CHH is my favorite QS restaurant and I love the tuna sandwich. Yeah - I know that sounds odd, but it is a really good sammie!

Great pics on BTMMR. That is one of my favorite rides. Love it!

I didn't say I will NEVER go back. I want to see Diagon Alley as well. It just wasn't a great experience for me. Some of the attractions were really lame and I don't do the thrill rides so not as much of draw for me. I'm sure Nathan will love it, I know my grandson would have a ball there and he is Nathan's age. Loves the roller coasters. The parks are nice and IOA is very colorful.

Susan go, don't base my review as a reason to skip it. I was in serious pain which didn't help anything. I hated the idea of having to lock up my backpack for some rides. I have too much invested in my camera equipment to trust the lockers. I will go again especially if we have the grandkids because I know they will enjoy it. I'm jut not in a big hurry to go back.

We plan on going and checking it out.

why not just wait until you get to a park to make them? Most of the time when I've gone to WDW other than wear I had an ADR that night or a tour booked, I didn't have a clue where i would be. I'd often just play bus roulette and get on the first bus that showed up.

The app kept crashing on us when we were there at Thanksgiving. Hopefully they have that fixed when we go back.

CHH is my favorite QS restaurant and I love the tuna sandwich. Yeah - I know that sounds odd, but it is a really good sammie!

I have heard people talk about that sammich. So it must be good.

Great pics on BTMMR. That is one of my favorite rides. Love it!

Thanks. DH took them. They were fun.

Day 10 - part 4

When I last left off, we had just ridden POTC with no wait.

And then we went on to our last ride of the day and the trip. We had FP+ for this one as well. Jungle Cruise had a Christmas overlay – Jingle Cruise – that I wanted to see. It was cute.

Our skipper was OK and it was cute. After that, we headed out of the park.

Headed up to the monorail platform

Boarded the monorail and rode it back to the TTC. And then we sadly made our way home.

We had a fantastic trip. The cruise was amazing and then the little bit of WDW before and after to cap it off made this one of our best vacations ever. Can’t wait to do it all again. Thanks so much to everyone for following along and keeping me company during my confinement after surgery.

Anyway, I hope you all will follow long next time!!

Susan

We may do that or make early or late choices and hop around. We have 1 ADR right now and 1 I am going to try and surprise her with for her birthday so th really frees us up.

I like the bus roulette idea. That sounds like fun.

I'm sorry to see yet another TR come to a close, but you really did have a fantastic trip - pre, during, and post cruise.

Thanks for sharing it all with us. I enjoyed all your adventures. You are very fortunate to be able to drive to Disney World. I wish I could.

Looking forward to your next trip and keep us posted on your ankle recovery!

I'm sorry to see yet another TR come to a close, but you really did have a fantastic trip - pre, during, and post cruise.

Thanks for sharing it all with us. I enjoyed all your adventures. You are very fortunate to be able to drive to Disney World. I wish I could.

Looking forward to your next trip and keep us posted on your ankle recovery!

Thanks Mary Ellen!! I still have a splint and still have the stitches in for right now. Hopefully some progress next week!!

Fantastic report as usual!

Glad to see you have the smaller splint now....Hope your ankle continues to heal quickly.

Jill in CO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter