• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our Thanksgiving Fantasy - Nov 22-Dec 1 - COMPLETE!!

Joining in!

Have thought about a 7 night cruise at Thanksgiving in the future so looking forward to reading all about it.

The Fantasy is beautiful. Love your pictures so far (I am only up to page 10).

Palo looks amazing. We are doing it for the first time in April on the Magic.

Wow, that mixology class looked fun! Not sure how you were able to stand up afterwards. I would have been a total lush!

Joining in!

Have thought about a 7 night cruise at Thanksgiving in the future so looking forward to reading all about it.

The Fantasy is beautiful. Love your pictures so far (I am only up to page 10).

Palo looks amazing. We are doing it for the first time in April on the Magic.

Wow, that mixology class looked fun! Not sure how you were able to stand up afterwards. I would have been a total lush!

Thanks so much for reading!!

It really is a beautiful ship!!

Palo WAS amazing. We like teh brunch the best.

That mixology was sooooo much fun. I highly recommend it. And also the wine and chocolate. We Really enjoyed that one!!

The Beginning, Planning and Fish Extender stuff

We booked this cruise last year in April. So when we booked, it was almost 500 days away. I looked on the Disboards and since no one had started a page yet, I went ahead and started one. I also started a Facebook page. I don’t mind being an administrator and no one else took the reins, so I jumped in and started organizing.

The main thing to organize was the Fish Extender List. What is a Fish Extender you ask?? An excellent question. When you take a cruise on a Disney ship, there is a fish (or a starfish) outside your stateroom door. It looks like this

And then you hang this thing with pockets on it called a Fish Extender. Mine looks like this.

On a side note, we decorated our stateroom doors with printable magnets. Here is what ours looked like.

There is a whole sub-culture on the Disboards dedicated to magnets and Fish Extenders and gifts in the Cruise Forum. Lots of Etsy stores sell the Fish Extenders. Some really super cute ones. I made mine.

A group of cruisers get together and have a group which participates in a gift exchange. There is a list of cabins and the people in the cabins. We actually had 3 different lists. Our first list became too large, so we split it into 17 cabins each. And then we had several people who joined late that still wanted to do it and their list was 17 cabins. We even had someone organize a super last minute list of about 7 or 8 cabins after that.

Anyway, it is really fun. Some people give little gifts every day and some people give just one gift per person and then some just give one give for the whole cabin. Lots of neat and creative stuff gets exchanged. I’m crafty, so here are the things I made:

Coin Purses for the ladies.

I found an easy pattern,

some super cute Disney fabric

and some clasps on Etsy.

And got to work.

These turned out so cute. I hope the ladies enjoyed them !!

I also made them some tissue holders

Continued next post ....

OMG, I love your FE gifts. So creative! Just wanted to let you know that I'm here and reading on :goodvibes

After that, it was time for our kids meet. We organized this on our Facebook page and we had over 100 kids sign up. I knew not all of them would come, but I was still nervous about how crazy it would get. DCL let us use the D-Lounge

I came up with a game so the kids could get acquainted. It was a scavenger hunt it looked like this.

I made four different kinds. When you filled it up, you got a prize.

Several of the people in the Facebook group pitched in and each brought stickers, candy and even pins for prizes. Someone jumped in to help me with name tags and someone helped with prizes. It got really crazy, but it was really nice to meet everyone and I believe several kids made friendships that lasted throughout the cruise.

This is brilliant! Maybe I'll suggest it to our group too if you don't mind a little plagiarism?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter