OT: Sad day for my family

So sorry to hear about Millie. It is amazing how they become such a part of your family.... hugs to you and your family.:hug:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

http://www.petloss.com/ & http://rainbowsbridge.com/hello.htm

Here it is in flash card...http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

Sorry for your loss...

That was very nice.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. My heart goes out to you and your family, it so hard to loss your Best Friend. She is really Beautiful you have been blessed to have spent your time together! :grouphug:

John,

Sorry to hear for your loss..... I know how you feel.

As for thinking that we are like friends, you must have some low standards for us to live up to....... we're the type of people that you invite over, and when you want to go to bed, we keep staying and staying and staying....

lol....

I feel for your son also.

I'm so sorry. :(

I lost my dog, Sparky, 3 years ago -- and it still hurts. So, I know how you feel. Our thoughts are with you and your family. :hug:

John,

I am sorry for your loss. I know from personal experience that pets are not JUST pets, they are part of the family. They are just as hard to lose as a human family member. Let your son know(and yourself too) that she may not be here to see and hug, but she will be with him(and you) in his heart, and watching him just as she did here on earth. I truely believe that. God bless you and your family.
16_2_24.gif
Remember the good times!

I'm sorry for your loss:hug: ...Millie looks like a real sweetie pie.

John,

I am sorry for your loss. I know from personal experience that pets are not JUST pets, they are part of the family. They are just as hard to lose as a human family member. Let your son know(and yourself too) that she may not be here to see and hug, but she will be with him(and you) in his heart, and watching him just as she did here on earth. I truely believe that. God bless you and your family.
16_2_24.gif
Remember the good times!

The people on this forum are just a good bunch of people. What other board could you grieve with friends on? I would love to get dd a dog but I know when the time came for it to pass I wouldn't be able to handle it. When I was 9 we had an old mutt Collie named Tiger. Our house burned down when we weren't home and he was outside. I guess he thought we were inside and went in I guess to look for us and he got asphyxiated. We had many other dogs since then and lost them too and each time it hurts.

She was the best mommy for him, since he was born she would always be withing eyesight of him no matter what he was doing, or where he was. She would alway lie on his feet in bed at night, and would follow him no matter where he went.

I am so sorry, I'm in tears thinking of you and how you've had to go through it twice today, the second time when you told your son. His Mommy :sad1:

:hug: :hug:

I told him a little bit ago, he took it pretty well, he is only 5 and he doesn't quite understand. He cried, that made me cry, then he asked when he could see Millie again. But 5 minutes later he wanted some pizza. God bless the little children.

My deepest condolences, John.

I believe I have cried about 8 times in my life, and 3 of those times have been over my dogs when they passed. I truly feel your pain.

Jim

The people on this forum are just a good bunch of people. What other board could you grieve with friends on? I would love to get dd a dog but I know when the time came for it to pass I wouldn't be able to handle it. When I was 9 we had an old mutt Collie named Tiger. Our house burned down when we weren't home and he was outside. I guess he thought we were inside and went in I guess to look for us and he got asphyxiated. We had many other dogs since then and lost them too and each time it hurts.

It is true, it is so hard. This past summer we thought we had lost one of our beloved cats, he had gone out for the day and didn't come back(for 4 days). I had to tell my girls I didn't think Buster would be coming back. They cried, it was so heartbreaking. End of story-Buster came back that night. After I made my girls go through all that. NICE. But we still love him.

It is nice to have this board. I do think of you all as friends. My family laughs because I talk about people on this board as if I am talking about someone down the street.
36_2_80.gif

They really are part of the family. (((hugs))) to you all. We lost our Itl Greyhound when she was 16 and our kids were 5, it is hard to transition them. It has been a couple of years and I still have the girls come to me in tears and when asked they say they miss Gabby.
momoffive:hug:

John, what an incredibly beautiful girl you had - and it sounds like she brought your life a great deal of joy, and that it spread and wrapped around your son as well. She'll be in your hearts forever.

I'm sorry your family had to go through this. Sending warm, comforting thoughts your way from the Fort tonight.

Oh John, I am so sorry for you and your family. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: Millie looks such a loving dog. My MIL has shepherds and they are such dolls. I'm so sad I will not be able to meet her now.

And I feel for you and your son so much - we lost 2 dogs when my eldest was 5 - the first and last week of Kindergarten, one dog through bad vet care and the other through old age. So I really do know what you have been through today. Whilst we didn't get much 'reaction' when we told S, he defintely took it in.

I made a point of telling him it was OK to talk about Jasper and then Keesha, and although Mommy/Daddy might cry, he should still talk about them as that's how they live on our hearts. :lovestruc He will now, even 18 months on, out of the blue, say "Mommy I miss Jasper/Keesha". And I say "It's OK, I miss them too" and then we talk about a happy time with the dogs, and what he remembers. There's a book we also read called "I'll Always Love You" by Hans Wilhelm which I think helped too.

Hugs to you and to your wife and son.

Bex

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. I grew up with a dog who was just as close, who looked after us like her own and know what she meant to you and your son. He will have many happy memories for a lifetime.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter