Organizing 101/ March-The Basement

March was a big zilch for me on the organizing also. I did do a tiny bit more on my scrap room - overall it looks pretty good. Basement will have to wait a little longer.

Okay, I've noticed something.. If I write my list on the DIS, I seem to get more done than if I just write it on paper... Seems like it's more of a reward to myself if I can check it off the DIS list instead!!!

Monday:
Scrapping
Make beds x 5 5 done
pay bills done
use the stepper (Must!)

Wow, that seems do-able! :)

Well, the only thing off my list is paid the bills.. Good thing pay day is Friday!
We spend more money on things at Kroger (groceries we probably really don't have to have between pay days.. at one point I was at Kroger 5 times last week.. 20.00 each trip.. ) NO MORE between grocery day shopping unless its a MUST have!! :)

I have to get back to my menu planning anf shopping, daily grocery shopping spends extra money and takes so much time.

Rebecca

Can you tell that to my DH please! I got 4 Stop and Shop receipts in the last 2 days and I went there and BigY yesterday.
BTW I am sooo jealous you have a Kroger, we had one in GA, I loved their stores.

I told the kids at lunch.. if it's not a MUST it's not going to happen.. that was 100.00 we could have thrown into the Mickey fund! Needless to say, their eyes perked up and scream "another Character Meal!".. Ah ha, they've gotten the idea!!! :wizard:

I have to get back to my menu planning anf shopping, daily grocery shopping spends extra money and takes so much time.

Rebecca

very true. i try to plan my menu's out before i head to the grocery store. but i have been slacking at that. i need to get back too it.

Plan ahead of time. :lmao:
Oh my gosh, if my family knew Monday what they were having Thursday, well they would want to know where the pod is.

I need to start doing that again too.. I noticed when I did that..there were only trips for milk or emergency needs than... so it's back to the menu board..

AWM, I hide the menu so they don't know what we are having til that day!

I do have to hit the grocery tonight.. We have no chips, no veggies and no ice cream.. :( 20.00 is the limit and no one is going w/ me so there will be no Major impulse buys!

i also hide the menu because they would be "oh i don't feel like that tonight " and then that would blow the whole thing out of the water

So, who is going to share their menu & shopping list with me?
:cutie: I'm cute:cutie:
Don't you want to help me?

So, who is going to share their menu & shopping list with me?
:cutie: I'm cute:cutie:
Don't you want to help me?

I get mine from Saving Dinner. It is like a recipe service...get recipes every week, with the shopping list. There is also a book by the same person. I have so many recipe raves now from this thing, I'm not going to renew. DH is thrilled. I try the stuff that my family will eat, and if we like it, I keep that recipe.

Everything is in a binder, and when I get a good deal on something, out comes the recipes for that thing, and I pick what I'm in the mood for. DH loves that I have changed things up, kids like the new things too, so it has been win-win for me.

I'll be planning tonight..and post what I'm having for the next 2 weeks..that will start this Friday..
I know Sunday evening is Easter Dinner... Ham, mashed potatoes, corn, dinner rolls and Cherry Cream Cheesecake!!! :)

Thanks ddavis, but I'm too cheap, uhm frugal, to pay for a service. :rotfl:

So PN96, I'll just keep checking my email to see what I need to go shopping for. :thumbsup2

I'll email in in the AM for sure!!! It'll take me til at least 9pm to get kids settled and be able to think about meals! Some of my meals are quicky meals for practice nights or track meet nights...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter