ordering from Amazon

WINTER

DIS Veteran
Has anyone ordered from Amazon items such as pop/water and had delivered to resort? How does this work?

Well I've ordered water and soda... :-)

We ordered stuff from Prime Now. They deliver it pretty quickly and the resorts treat it like groceries, including putting stuff in the central refrigerator. When you show up and ask for it, they send it to the room. Very easy.

This was last year - assume the resort process is still the same.

When last we did this, it was kind of a pain. If the hotel is a convention hotel, then deliveries go through the business office.

When last I read up about this, it is easier to do at the values and DVC than he deluxe hotels.

When last we did this at a deluxe, we were charged for each case of water! and had to have it delivered by the business office. I don't recall what they charged us, but it kind of made the whole thing not worth doing, but that was probably 3 - 4 years ago.

I used Amazon Prime now for our April trip. I tested it out ordering a few dairy items, bagels, waters and fruit. I found it very easy to use. I down loaded their app, started the order and when we were in the park I finished the order around 4pm. I could choose a sooner delivery but there was an additional fee, but if i chose the 8pm-10pm slot there was no fee. The communication was very good - receiving emails about the order being processed, completed and out for delivery. Once it reached bell services they sent another email that it was delivered. All the items I ordered were just as expected, fruit was fresh and everything was cold and those items in an insulated bag. They did tack on a $5 tip, which i thought was reasonable. I would not hesitate to use the service again. I initially started with thinking i was going to use garden grocer because if you order way ahead of time they give you a 15% discount, but with their inflated prices and added delivery fees it was too pricey for me.

I was staying at the Poly -- just reading PP comments about being charged for packages.

I was staying at the Poly -- just reading PP comments about being charged for packages.
It wouldn't surprise me if they have changed their policies since then, as it was kind of crazy, and I imagine Amazon Prime is going to get very popular for deliveries.

AH- check out the sticky thread at the top of this section, "Shipping to/From WDW resorts"

I've had orders delivered to the resorts from Prime Pantry numerous times (I've not tried Prime Now - so I can't speak to that service). There is a permanent thread here on the Resorts board that talks about shipping to resorts. I usually place my order about 5-7 days out (check the delivery times for the resorts - they're not always as quick as other places and can take up to a few days or longer). As part of the address line, I name the resort and then add in a c/o line with my name and arrival date.

I've had Prime Pantry packages delivered to WL, CBR and Pop. The process of receiving the package has been different almost every time. Typically, you'll need to contact the front desk (and there is a $5 package fee). At WL, I've always retrieved it myself from the front desk. At Pop, I've gone to the front desk, but also had an occasion where it was automatically delivered to my room on the first day without asking. CBR was the most difficult - as there was miscommunication between concierge services and bell services about who had the package (I ended up being shuffled around by both of them until they found it) - but bell services ultimately had it and delivered it.

Per the sticky:

Resorts with convention centers still charge a fee, they are: Grand Floridian, Yacht Club/Beach Club/Beach Club Villas, Boardwalk Inn/Boardwalk Villas, Contemporary/Bay Lake Tower, and Coronado Springs.

The handling fee is $3 for under 5lbs, $5 for 10-20lbs, and $10for over $10 lbs. (I recall being charged per case of water.)

We ordered twice from Prime Now--once last December and again this past May--and weren't charged any fee by our resort, AKL. Smooth process. You can order in advance--I think up to 3 days ahead of time--and specify when you want it delivered. So easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter