Orange Lake West Village or Sheraton Vistana

Duck143

DIS Veteran
I really wanted to book Wyndham Bonnet Creek using our timeshare points, but I haven't had any luck getting the week we need. I am going to book today and I can book Vistana or Orange Lake West Village or SeaWorld Orlando Hilton. Which one should I book? We have 2 sons, 13 and 10 and we're dong 6 day Dis hoppers. We do like to be located as close to Disney as we can, which was what we really loved about Wyndham BC. The boys also loved the lazy river, so pools are important as well.

Last edited:
I haven't stayed at OL, and it's been a minute since Vistana, but personally I'd take Vistana because it is a much easier drive to almost anywhere. It's about a push to AK, but Vistana is closer to everything else, plus you can avoid the US-192 traffic.

I haven't stayed at OL, and it's been a minute since Vistana, but personally I'd take Vistana because it is a much easier drive to almost anywhere. It's about a push to AK, but Vistana is closer to everything else, plus you can avoid the US-192 traffic.
I can reserve this one too

SeaWorld® Orlando, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club​

I just always thought this was a bit further from Disney than I wanted to be.

Haven’t stayed in Vistana or OL - but I have stayed at HGVC Seaworld and we really loved it - we drove and didn’t find the commute too bad…

Haven’t stayed in Vistana or OL - but I have stayed at HGVC Seaworld and we really loved it - we drove and didn’t find the commute too bad...
This may be a silly question, but do you know if this resort does any refillable mug/cups?

We did HGVC Sea World for a non-Disney trip. I liked it a lot. But for a Disney trip I’d probably still take Vistana. Shorter drive and no resort fee. The hiltons tack on $25/day IIRC. I’ll do that in Waikoloa, not so much in Orlando.

We did HGVC Sea World for a non-Disney trip. I liked it a lot. But for a Disney trip I’d probably still take Vistana. Shorter drive and no resort fee. The hiltons tack on $25/day IIRC. I’ll do that in Waikoloa, not so much in Orlando.
Good to know and that is a deal breaker for that resort!

Double check. It will be in the Urgent Information (I assume you are using RCI—I don’t think this applies to non-exchange guests)

This may be a silly question, but do you know if this resort does any refillable mug/cups?
Not that I recall…
as far as the $25 per day fee, we’ve always stayed with our HGVC points so no fees were charged…

I second the Vistana. We also like the Vistana Villages as well. Don’t think you can go wrong with any you listed, but I wouldn’t want to pay a resort fee either. Have a great trip!

Haven’t stayed in Vistana or OL - but I have stayed at HGVC Seaworld and we really loved it - we drove and didn’t find the commute too bad…
We are considering going over to Seaworld ourselves and haven't been in yrs so am wondering what HGVC stands for if I may ask? Looking to bring my little nephew and have a place with a nicer pool than the norm pool you see. Have done Vistana yrs ago with family.

I really wanted to book Wyndham Bonnet Creek using our timeshare points, but I haven't had any luck getting the week we need. I am going to book today and I can book Vistana or Orange Lake West Village or SeaWorld Orlando Hilton. Which one should I book? We have 2 sons, 13 and 10 and we're dong 6 day Dis hoppers. We do like to be located as close to Disney as we can, which was what we really loved about Wyndham BC. The boys also loved the lazy river, so pools are important as well.
Sheraton Vistana Hands Down. Right outside of the Disney gates, 7 different pools (two of which have water fall features), great villas. Just make sure you book Sheraton Vistana Resort and not Sheraton Vistana Villages (which is a completely different/further location and resort).

There were complaints in the past with Sheraton Vistana Resort and the reliability of their WiFi and Internet connectivity. There are even issues reported with Cell coverage. So if ILL and Genie+ are something you plan to use, this could be a problem at 7am. Others have reported issues.

There were complaints in the past with Sheraton Vistana Resort and the reliability of their WiFi and Internet connectivity. There are even issues reported with Cell coverage. So if ILL and Genie+ are something you plan to use, this could be a problem at 7am. Others have reported issues.
Yeah, we have had issues with this every time we’ve gone. I can state that AT&T cell coverage is fine and Verizon Cell coverage is abysmal / unusable (you’ll get a signal but network congestion is so bad it’s unusable). The WiFi was extremely intermittent on our last trip. Better than previous ones but certainly not good enough to do any streaming. The 7 am rush can also be tricky.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter