Opting Out of Mousekeeping for gift card

I check-in online and there is still no way to indicate this online, but said they're working on fixing that ;)

One visit I got very perturbed because I was on day 3 and still no service in my room. After 3 documented with times calls to housekeeping to request service...still no service. Had a chit-chat with front desk about not being happy about NOT getting $10/night and NOT getting service. I got the gift card for my length of stay plus some.

Honestly, putting out a tied off bag of trash and a heap of dirty towels by my door is the fastest way to get a response. They'll disappear quick. Then just call for more bags and fresh towels, done.

Be aware if you opt out, they will send someone in the room daily to "inspect it".
If you're there with kids, ask them to not come at noon as they have a bad tendency to come around nap times.

they say its to inspect water and electrical but they literally walk in, check if anyone is in the bathroom and leave.

They said this is new.
So for anyone opting out cause you dont like people coming into your room, you'll still have someone coming to your room but atleast you get money back.

This is the best perk going lol. Pay me 10.00 to take out trash and request towels. We love it! Easiest 10.00 I ever earned. We stay 7 days so absolutely no use for housekeeping untill we check out Then they can get room ready for next family.
It also means getting the room ready for the next guests takes longer, since basic housekeeping tasks were not completed for a week.

Be aware if you opt out, they will send someone in the room daily to "inspect it".
If you're there with kids, ask them to not come at noon as they have a bad tendency to come around nap times.

they say its to inspect water and electrical but they literally walk in, check if anyone is in the bathroom and leave.

They said this is new.
So for anyone opting out cause you dont like people coming into your room, you'll still have someone coming to your room but atleast you get money back.
It's a security check. If you receive housekeeping, that is considered your security check. If you opt out of housekeeping, you'll have someone else coming into your room daily.

It's a security check. If you receive housekeeping, that is considered your security check. If you opt out of housekeeping, you'll have someone else coming into your room daily.
only when we aren't there...when we are there we (and this has only happened 2 times) simply told them to come back later we were busy...i assume they checked when we weren't there. We don't spend much time in the room anyways. I think both times was around 0900 or so. We were getting ready and they must have came back later...but you dont have to let them in if you are there. They can come back.
As for all the other times..never had anyone knock when we were there...unknown when the checked...if they did. I didn't know and didn't care..as we weren't there.

Last edited:

We were there May 18-23 and opted out of housekeeping for the GC. Our room still got cleaned every day. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter