Opting Out of Mousekeeping for gift card

Hudmaster

Going in the summer is better than not going at al
Has anyone had any experience with this lately. We are planning a trip for 8 days in mid July at CBR and I was wondering if Disney was still using this practice for the Mods and Values.

There were signs in the check-in areas at Pop and AOA about a week ago that said "ask me how to receive a gift card during your stay." I'm pretty sure that's what they were referring to. I did online check in, so I don't know if they specifically ask you when you check-in, or if you have to ask them.

Yes, it is still offered at all Values and Mods.
If they don't ask you, ask them.

We just got back and did online check in so we went straight to our room and I forgot about it until the next morning. I called and they still gave it to us. They emailed us the gift card about 2 hours later. Easy peasy and it paid for lunch

We just got back and did online check in so we went straight to our room and I forgot about it until the next morning. I called and they still gave it to us. They emailed us the gift card about 2 hours later. Easy peasy and it paid for lunch

Nice. For reference, if not done on check in day they sometimes don't let guests get the Gift Card.

It's $10/night except for your last night because obviously they have to clean it the next day. So for our 4 night stay, we got a $30 gift card.

Yep. July I am staying 3 nights, so my card will only be $20, but that will cover my mug, so bonus!

Is this only for the value and moderates? Any chance of getting it in deluxe?

In both January & March they offered it when we checked in at the front desk. We checked in on line for our trip that just ended but had to pick up magic bands at the desk (last minute trip) and they didn't offer it. I forgot all about it too. However, they left us a voicemail that evening, I called back & it was added.

They're more than happy to deliver towels, more coffee ect, just by calling guest services.

We do this every trip now..the 10.00 is great! I get clean towels and get rid of used ones. Perfect for a weeks trip.

Got it in Feb at POR at check in (I checked in online, but arrived early at the resort and went to the desk to officially check in there so that I could ask about checking bags etc. while I went to the parks). The cast member who checked me and didn’t have a room number for me, but did tell me which building I would be in, and then offered the card. Other members of my party checked in later that afternoon at the front desk and were not offered the card. When I told them about it the next morning, they went to the desk to inquire and were also given the same deal. One person went in the afternoon and was still given the opportunity to forgo mousekeeping.

Really, it worked out very well. We called for fresh towels, garbage removal, and more coffee when needed. Otherwise our room was fine...we kept it fairly neat, we made our beds and put things away, so we didn’t notice a difference really.

Last edited:
Has anyone had any experience with this lately. We are planning a trip for 8 days in mid July at CBR and I was wondering if Disney was still using this practice for the Mods and Values.
I did it at POP this month...I forgot to do it the first day, actually, b/c we checked in with out magic bands. The 3rd day rolled around and mousekeeping never changed our towels or made the bed, so I went to the lobby and told them that, and they gave me $20gift card. Not the $40 I was hoping for, so next time I will make sure I check in at the desk instead of with my magic band

Where do you put the full garbage and used towels?

Thx
You call mousekeeping at your convenience, and they'll stop by to pick both up, and drop off clean towels, coffee, etc. They were there in under 10 minutes each time I called when I was at POR during President's Day week in February (a busy week). I loved going without daily mousekeeping, because I was paid to do so and honestly didn't notice a difference. Towels, coffee, etc. were refreshed after calling in the morning when we were getting ready (or late afternoons when we were hanging out after napping) and we usually keep the counters, common spaces clean. The only difference was straightening the beds ourselves, which we did each morning in about two minutes. If I had little kids, I might feel differently, but sharing a room with two other adults who weren't slobs made it a great option to have.

We did this last year on our trip and loved it. I actually find housekeeping to be stressful because I feel the need to "clean" my room before they come in...I don't want it to be a disaster! One year my daughter had left her Baby Boo on the bed and it had a little blanket wrapped around it. It had come off in the sheets and they changed bedding that day. It was a nightmare. It was her favorite thing she bought. We called and asked if housekeeping had found it in the laundry. Eventually either they found it or they just mailed us another one after we got home. We just asked a mousekeeper out and about each morning for some fresh towels, gave her the dirty ones, and like others have said, just called and asked for trash to be picked up. Love getting "paid" for a service I'd rather not have anyway!

We did this our last 2 trips and loved it. The less people coming in my room the better, IMO. Since our trips are shorter than one week, I have no problem reusing a towel and sleeping on the same sheets. We had a slight snafu with garbage bags but it was an easy fix. Last year my daughter threw up in the middle of the night (thank you Cape May seafood buffet :crazy2: ) and I just bagged up the pukey garbage and threw it out in the garbage can by the elevators. I called mousekeeping and asked for more garbage bags and they were left outside my door within a couple hours. Even if I had mousekeeping I would have likely not left it in the room for us to smell or for mousekeeping to deal with, so the issue was only that we needed garbage bags to be replaced. I might be in the minority here, but I haven't been wowed by the mousekeeping staff in years. Long gone are the days of towel animals and mousekeepers that even smile in my experiences over the past 5 years.

This is the best perk going lol. Pay me 10.00 to take out trash and request towels. We love it! Easiest 10.00 I ever earned. We stay 7 days so absolutely no use for housekeeping untill we check out Then they can get room ready for next family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter