** OPENING DAY PRICING MID 2019: Magic, Wonder, Dream, Fantasy **

I chose to call Costco at 7am (Central) and have been on hold nearly an hour now without having talked to anyone. But at least no disconnection or busy signal, so I'm hopeful.

ETA: got through a couple minutes later and talking to agent now

This gives me hope! I called Costco at 7 Central too and my "estimated 2 minute wait" is now at over an hour. Haven't been able to get to anything other than a busy signal with my attempts at calling Disney directly.

ETA: I got through right as I saved this! Then my call dropped (on my landline). I was so disappointed but Costco called me back within a minute! Such amazing customer service (and a good reason to make sure you enter your membership number when they ask at the beginning). They took my info and will call me when they get through to Disney. I am so glad to be done with their hold music. Hoping I can still get the room type I wanted and the prices are about what I expect. Good luck everyone.

Last edited:
Not online until tomorrow. The prices are not "Castaway Club" prices - they are the prices period.
The Disney IT system is shaky at the best of times. Given the demand on the phones, good lord it would crash the site for WEEKS if not MONTHS!
OK, I know they're not special prices for castaway members, but it would be nice if they can at least post the prices online so Castaway members can see them prior to the public. I understand having to call to book, but we should be able to see prices online before the public.

Officially on hold now for 1HR & 10 minutes -- anyone know how long it takes before the same on-hold songs re-loop -- I must be close to hearing Let it Go again??? :-)

Hi All, so yesterday I had 3 phones dialing at 8am. One hit too early and advised to call back during normal hours, a 2nd phone got through, a 3rd phone got to a certain point and then nothing......just silence. The one call had me on hold 40 minutes. Got one cruise on hold to have the call dropped. Tried to call back on multiple phones - busy signal. The Disney agent called ME back. WHEW.

FYI - Castaway Cay number. Each time the agent checked a price, they have to put in your CC# or the system won't let them look at those dates until it confirms you are indeed that particular level. So you can't ask "which date is cheaper in July" for example. You have to be specific. To go to another date/itenerary, they have to put the number in yet again.

Hope this helps. Unfortunately we may be looking at other cruise lines as it's half the amount from what I'm seeing already. Good luck to you all though!

This gives me hope! I called Costco at 7 Central too and my "estimated 2 minute wait" is now at over an hour. Haven't been able to get to anything other than a busy signal with my attempts at calling Disney directly.
Mine said 2 minutes as well and took almost an hour. She's attempting to call Disney now and said everyone has had trouble getting through and it may be a while.

And I just heard her mutter that she thinks it will be worse than yesterday...haha.

Mine said 2 minutes as well and took almost an hour. She's attempting to call Disney now and said everyone has had trouble getting through and it may be a while.

And I just heard her mutter that she thinks it will be worse than yesterday...haha.

Ugh! I am sure it is terrible for them, too. I am hoping that we have success when they call me back. I gave two numbers just in case.

Everyone just remember it is NOT the fault of the person you are talking to when you get someone and please do not take it out on them. I used to work in reservations in a hotel in Nashville that had a holiday show which had room packages and those went on sale on a certain day. Even having all but a skeleton crew to run the night come in on opening day, there were still long hold Times because there was a finite number of people to take the calls - even with group managers helping out - and there is a finite number of circuits. 99% of the callers would light into us immediately, cursing and fussing about the wait - which just made the wait longer and the call more painful. I know that when we got the rare person who was polite the whole time regardless of wait, they were liable to have notes for special extras on their reservation just because it was such a breath of fresh air.

Don't blame the CM you finally get to talk to.

PSA over. :)

When silver opens up its always the busiest day. You have platinum, gold, and silver and now dvc members can all book today. Hang in there and good luck. Some platinum and gold might of not been able to call in the other two days. Work, family, etc. or maybe just now figured on a cruise. Keep trying

Does anyone know if they are allowing the three day holds or do you have to pay deposits today? Been on hold an hour and twenty minutes and counting.

Silver booking, Cruise date July 27, 2019 (11 night)
1 adult, 1 child Cat. 6A with onboard booking $8,055.36 total (no transfers or insurance)

1 hour and 23 minutes minutes of the busy tone, ringing, cutting off, on hold and then the busy tone all over again. I am so sick of hitting redial I think I'll just book tomorrow when it goes on general sale and forget about any money saving today.

Officially on hold now for 1HR & 10 minutes -- anyone know how long it takes before the same on-hold songs re-loop -- I must be close to hearing Let it Go again??? :-)

I haven't repeated yet, but I think I've heard the whole track from Frozen so far...1:26 and counting...

So, the Costco agent somehow lost my call several times and immediately called back (while she's working on calling Disney). This last time, she hasn't called me back yet. She has my cell and my husband's cell. Is this normal? Should I worry if I don't hear from her for a while/stay on hold with her? She has all of our info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter