** OPENING DAY PRICING MID 2019: Magic, Wonder, Dream, Fantasy **

Are we totally certain that we'd get the full Costco Cash amount by booking through DCL and transferring (within 30 days) to Costco instead of booking directly through Costco? I know that's what everyone has been saying, but the verbiage on Costco's website worries me:

To receive your Costco Cash Card, you must book directly through Costco Travel. Bookings made through Disney Cruise Line or the Disney onboard cruise consultant are not eligible for this Costco Travel benefit. Costco Cash Card offer is valid for dates specified and is only valid for bookings made through Costco Travel.

Still debating over which number to call tomorrow morning...

I transferred an onboard booking to Costco and read and worried about the very same thing, but received my cash card when I got home! Go for it!

I emailed Tracey last night around 9:00 since I hadn't heard anything yet. I got a response, but unfortunately it wasn't the response I was expecting. When I filled out the quote form on the DU page, it asks how many past sailings. The choices for responses are 0, 1-5, 6-10, and 11+. I have 5 cruises completed so I'm a gold member. When I saw this question and the response choices offered, it made me uneasy because I was afraid answering "1-5" would get me shuffled into the silver CC members, and I should have trusted my gut. That's exactly what happened. I noted in the requests boxes that I was gold, but because I have 5 completed sailings and answered the DU question honestly, I was lumped in with the silver members and Tracey didn't get a quote for me yesterday. I should have picked the "6-10" response because even though it wouldn't have been accurate, it would have gotten me a quote when I was supposed to. Tracey's email implied I made a mistake filling out the form and that's why I didn't get a quote yesterday. I responded last night and pointed out the issue is with how their drop down responses are set up. I am less than thrilled with this. With how high the prices are and how quickly some of these seem to be rising, this issue could cost me some money.

I wasn't seeing anything show up on my Disney Cruise account which is why I was getting nervous and asked if anyone had heard anything. But I've had issues with the DCL website not showing all my cruise reservations before so it wasn't completely unusual for nothing to show up.

Anyway.... we'll see what the quote is today. There's a chance I may not go through with the booking.

Ugh, I’m sorry - how frustrating! I hope it all works out.

So I've been calling on two phones now since 8 am ET. Mostly busy signals, but a few times I've gotten through - only to be disconnected a few seconds later. Or I've gotten through, but then I get a message saying "We're sorry, your call cannot be completed as dialed". Is this normal - all the disconnections/error messages?

I emailed Tracey last night around 9:00 since I hadn't heard anything yet. I got a response, but unfortunately it wasn't the response I was expecting. When I filled out the quote form on the DU page, it asks how many past sailings. The choices for responses are 0, 1-5, 6-10, and 11+. I have 5 cruises completed so I'm a gold member. When I saw this question and the response choices offered, it made me uneasy because I was afraid answering "1-5" would get me shuffled into the silver CC members, and I should have trusted my gut. That's exactly what happened. I noted in the requests boxes that I was gold, but because I have 5 completed sailings and answered the DU question honestly, I was lumped in with the silver members and Tracey didn't get a quote for me yesterday. I should have picked the "6-10" response because even though it wouldn't have been accurate, it would have gotten me a quote when I was supposed to. Tracey's email implied I made a mistake filling out the form and that's why I didn't get a quote yesterday. I responded last night and pointed out the issue is with how their drop down responses are set up. I am less than thrilled with this. With how high the prices are and how quickly some of these seem to be rising, this issue could cost me some money.

I wasn't seeing anything show up on my Disney Cruise account which is why I was getting nervous and asked if anyone had heard anything. But I've had issues with the DCL website not showing all my cruise reservations before so it wasn't completely unusual for nothing to show up.

Anyway.... we'll see what the quote is today. There's a chance I may not go through with the booking.

Ugh! I am so sorry that happened! You are right - it should either be broken down into different groups or just a number for "completed Disney cruises".

Amen!! My cell phone records my 70 attempts. I've done the same on my house phone . . . and already gotten disconnected maybe 6-8 times. :(

May I suggest you use a TA. My TA contacted me several days before to fill out a wish list form of which cruises I was interested in, passengers, etc. Once I was able to book (I'm a gold) I received a reply back with the prices for each of the cruises. I could have given my credit card information on the form so a place holder could be made but I prefer to review my wish list and then make a selection (I have three days to confirm or I loose my placeholder). This process is simple, doesn't cost me anything and I don't have to wait on hold. PM me if you are interested in my TA's contact information.

I got through twice on the CC line, but as soon as I enter my CC number, the line goes busy again. I have been calling both numbers for over 30 minutes. Straight busy signal!!:crazy2:

I couldn’t get thought until about 10am yesterday. I know it frustrating but persistence pays off!!

Just heard from my TA. She's on hold and feeling pretty good about it. She said most of the other agents at her agency are still getting busy signals.

Do they not post the prices for Castaway members online early??? I thought it was 8AM this morning for Silver.... They have you log in, so they know what level you are...

I can do persistent. I'm at literally 300 call attempts now. But I don't understand why I keep getting disconnected after a 10-20 seconds of silence. :( (I'm at home, using both my cell phone and land line, good signals, etc.)

I chose to call Costco at 7am (Central) and have been on hold nearly an hour now without having talked to anyone. But at least no disconnection or busy signal, so I'm hopeful.

ETA: got through a couple minutes later and talking to agent now

Last edited:
Do they not post the prices for Castaway members online early??? I thought it was 8AM this morning for Silver.... They have you log in, so they know what level you are...

Not online until tomorrow. The prices are not "Castaway Club" prices - they are the prices period.

The Disney IT system is shaky at the best of times. Given the demand on the phones, good lord it would crash the site for WEEKS if not MONTHS!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter