** OPENING DAY PRICING 2018 Part 1 January-April/May: Magic, Wonder, Dream, Fantasy **

I just wanted to express my sincere appreciation to AquaDame for managing this page for all of us. It is no small effort and offers great insights into those of us that have to wait until tomorrow for booking. I also really appreciate all the Dis-ers that have contributed their quotes to this page. The Dis is really a great community.

Absolutely love doing it! I definitely couldn't have done it without everyone sharing their quotes! Thanks everyone! :cheer2:

The fact that this thread is only 7 pages long leads me to believe there's not a lot of excitement about the itinerary's or is it the prices? It seems like these opening day price threads used to be a lot more active a few years ago. Am I wrong?
well given that the only people who can book have been on 5 or more cruises and the itineraries are much the same and the prices are high, it's not surprising. I am castaway club gold but my last cruise was in 2005 and I ended up on an eastern caribbean due to scheduling... tortola is new to me and I have never been on the fantasy so that is new... I would like for my son to experience a disney cruise while he is still young enough to be into the disney magic. but OUCH. it is more than I was hoping to spend. It will be a once in a lifetime thing, not an ever year thing.

well given that the only people who can book have been on 5 or more cruises and the itineraries are much the same and the prices are high, it's not surprising. I am castaway club gold but my last cruise was in 2005 and I ended up on an eastern caribbean due to scheduling... tortola is new to me and I have never been on the fantasy so that is new... I would like for my son to experience a disney cruise while he is still young enough to be into the disney magic. but OUCH. it is more than I was hoping to spend. It will be a once in a lifetime thing, not an ever year thing.
No these threads used to be super busy. There's a lot of Gold and Platinum members that have apparantly moved on. If we were to start cruising DCL today I don't think we would have ever made platinum in fact I think we would have been one and done at these prices. There's a lot of posters I just don't see anymore.

The fact that this thread is only 7 pages long leads me to believe there's not a lot of excitement about the itinerary's or is it the prices? It seems like these opening day price threads used to be a lot more active a few years ago. Am I wrong?

Whoops, my eyes skipped right over this one..! I was thinking it was easier to keep up with today for sure than the summer/autumn through holiday releases. There was also a lack of threads saying PRICED OUT that I remember from the last few releases (though I did see comments here and there on this thread and Facebook). Could be its same ol' same ol' or it could also be prices... or hey, maybe summer/holidays will be just as nuts as I remember. We'll see!

I was just thinking today that after we do our next few we have kind of done them all. We'll be platinum and may move on until the new ships come out (depending on if there are new places to go along with them). I love DCL, don't get me wrong, but none of the ports are things to do again and again and again like we can with the parks given how far we have to travel to get to a ship in the first place which adds to the cost a LOT.

Thanks for these, we are waiting on the Med and doing a B2B with the WBTA but I like looking at what is released and if there are any new places introduced!

So the end of May, Alaskan itineraries aren't available for the Wonder yet, correct?

Our last cruise with DCL was in 2013 - we've tried a few other lines since then as the kids are now grown. We tried the Fantasy once and prefer the Magic or the Wonder ships.

The itineraries and the price has kept us away until now. We've wanted to do Panama again and of 14 cruises on 4 different cruise lines - DCL Panama was the best cruise we've ever taken. Time for a repeat 10 years later. This time from the other way and thru the new part of the Canal.

The pricing has gotten ridiculous. Glad we were able to cruise when we did as a family of 4. Definitely couldn't do it now with the prices and the 30% exchange rate on top.

OK now that I am at home I was able to compare year to year on our southern Caribbean cruises and confirm what I said earlier:

9/2013 our 1/2014 Wonder cruise was cancelled and I was given 25% off a future cruise which I applied to the 10/4/2014 Southern. I missed opening day by a long shot - we booked it in Feb 2014.

We paid $2812.44 for a 7A so that was about $3750 for the prevailing rate.
We then booked the 1/24/2016 cruise opening day in a 6A for $3193.24 (later cancelled and we tried out RCCL's version of the itinerary)
Today we booked the 1/28/2018 cruise opening day in a 7A (secret verandah) for $3248.74

One less port day between this year and 2018 and a little more $, but not a huge difference IMO.

Last edited:
So the end of May, Alaskan itineraries aren't available for the Wonder yet, correct?

Correct. They should be out in the next release which will cover at least summer through August if not into September for all ships and maybe a little later for Dream/Fantasy.

OK now that I am at home I was able to compare year to year on our southern Caribbean cruises and confirm what I said earlier:

9/2013 our 1/2014 Wonder cruise was cancelled and I was given 25% off a future cruise which I applied to the 10/4/2014 Southern. I missed opening day by a long shot - we booked it in Feb 2014.

We paid $2812.44 for a 7A so that times 1.25 = $3515 for the prevailing rate.
We then booked the 1/24/2016 cruise opening day in a 6A for $3193.24 (later cancelled and we tried out RCCL's version of the itinerary)
Today we booked the 1/28/2018 cruise opening day in a 7A (secret verandah) for $3248.74

One less port day between this year and 2018 and a little more $, but not a huge difference IMO.

Just curious why was that cruise canceled?

We paid $2812.44 for a 7A so that times 1.25 = $3515 for the prevailing rate.
You did the math wrong, 25% off of $3515 would be $2636. If you paid $2812.44 the original cost was roughly $3750.

And thank you very much for this thread, helped me be less shocked at the prices this morning!

You did the math wrong, 25% off of $3515 would be $2636. If you paid $2812.44 the original cost was roughly $3750.

And thank you very much for this thread, helped me be less shocked at the prices this morning!
This is because these cruises dont sell. Why would they raises the prices? We paid 3k total for two rooms in 2014 and inside and balcony. Ship was still not full. It reminded me of our Hawaii cruise.

I agree. There use to be more excitement about opening day prices. I recently booked a GTY rate for December. For my sailing the GTY rates are cheaper than opening day.

I was thinking the same thing. The itineraries and prices are leaving me flat.

This is because these cruises dont sell. Why would they raises the prices? We paid 3k total for two rooms in 2014 and inside and balcony. Ship was still not full. It reminded me of our Hawaii cruise.

The southern Caribbean cruises don't sell well? We just booked one for next April. I won't lie, I like the idea of less crowds. Ha

Was just told you cannot do a B2B of the 1/28 & 2/4 due to maritime laws... bummer!

Edit: called back and got another agent - for now I DO have both of these booked.

Is this true?? My TA booked us for both and didn't mention we can't do them. :confused3

I'd really like to do another b-2-b, but the 1/28 sailing only has 2 new ports for us (Bonaire and Aruba), whereas the 1/21 sailing has three new ports for us (Antigua being the only repeat). What to do what to do.

March 9th, 2018 | Disney Dream
3-Night Bahamian from Port Canaveral (Nassau, Castaway Cay)

Cat 11A 1A $1,383.03 total and per person; includes OBB, tax, and ins; no trans/air ($1,286.48 without insurance)

Really to bad Gold and Platinum member's can't see the web site yesterday. I see the Magic was sailing on presidents week!

Also could have got a inside cabin on the Wonder for only $3600! $1300 less then the 7A. Never done a inside and wife loves the Veranda's, but I love the $3600 price for 3 of us for a week!!!!

PS Anyone know if I would lose the OBB if I stay on the same cruise but downgrade the room. I'm sure if I upgrade they may be more forgiving?

I have already increased my deposit and cruise shows on DCL.

Just curious why was that cruise canceled?

They scheduled a drydock on short notice once it was certain that the new Panama Canal locks wouldn't be ready. The Wonder wouldnt be able to fit through the old locks with her new duck tail so they had to hold off on the extensive one that they just now did.

Thank you! Math is not my forte - I will edit it! :)

Really? The adult areas were just as packed as ever for us and the dining rooms/theatres didn't feel any less crowded... no upgrades were available at the port. Maybe everyone jumped on with GTY, but sold is sold and they keep going back year after year unlike Hawaii (I'm still hopeful they might add some at some point for those who like them!)

Is this true?? My TA booked us for both and didn't mention we can't do them. :confused3

I'd really like to do another b-2-b, but the 1/28 sailing only has 2 new ports for us (Bonaire and Aruba), whereas the 1/21 sailing has three new ports for us (Antigua being the only repeat). What to do what to do.

I think the first agent was wrong, despite telling me she had a memo. I added a note to that post within an hour saying I DID go back and book it without issue.

Got the following quotes for 3 adults on the Wonder. We will most likely book with just two of us, but those prices for 2 are already listed on page one.

These are for 3 adults, secret verandah room, with NO OBB, insurance or transfers:

1/21/18 -- Cat 7A -- $4,019.11
1/28/18 -- Cat 7A -- 4,019.11
2/4/18 -- Cat 7A -- $2,216.97

I've never booked these itineraries or a January cruise -- so wondering if these prices within normal range, or do they seem high by normal standards (yes, I know it's Disney -- but trying to compare)? It seems to average out to about $450/night.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter