** OPENING DAY PRICING 2018 Part 1 January-April/May: Magic, Wonder, Dream, Fantasy **

Really to bad Gold and Platinum member's can't see the web site yesterday. I see the Magic was sailing on presidents week!

Also could have got a inside cabin on the Wonder for only $3600! $1300 less then the 7A. Never done a inside and wife loves the Veranda's, but I love the $3600 price for 3 of us for a week!!!!

PS Anyone know if I would lose the OBB if I stay on the same cruise but downgrade the room. I'm sure if I upgrade they may be more forgiving?

I have already increased my deposit and cruise shows on DCL.

We were quoted $4,019 for three adults for a 7A (secret verandah actually). Only a $420 difference between inside and 7A from my calculations, but then again we may be talking about two entirely different cruises LOL .

Hmm... the 7A vs 9A lists the same price..?

Yes, I was driving so I didn't ask for the exact dollar amount, but the CM said the price for the 9A was "about the same" as the 7A. I've found in the last year or so that there isn't nearly as big a jump from oceanview to verandah as there used to be.

They scheduled a drydock on short notice once it was certain that the new Panama Canal locks wouldn't be ready. The Wonder wouldnt be able to fit through the old locks with her new duck tail so they had to hold off on the extensive one that they just now did.

Thank you! Math is not my forte - I will edit it! :)

Really? The adult areas were just as packed as ever for us and the dining rooms/theatres didn't feel any less crowded... no upgrades were available at the port. Maybe everyone jumped on with GTY, but sold is sold and they keep going back year after year unlike Hawaii (I'm still hopeful they might add some at some point for those who like them!)

I think the first agent was wrong, despite telling me she had a memo. I added a note to that post within an hour saying I DID go back and book it without issue.
Right because they discounted to the cruises to everyone under the Sun. Lots of cast members on our ship. Yes cruises always almost sell out. It's how they sell them out that is the difference.

We were quoted $4,019 for three adults for a 7A (secret verandah actually). Only a $420 difference between inside and 7A from my calculations, but then again we may be talking about two entirely different cruises LOL .
Yes previously posted cost of 2/18/18 wonder cruise.

The southern Caribbean cruises don't sell well? We just booked one for next April. I won't lie, I like the idea of less crowds. Ha
It will be full, but not because it's popular and everyone onboard paid full price. I don't know why San Juan and Galveston aren't popular. The prices are better. Everyone wants to pay the big bucks to sail out of PC.

for me (2A but actually me and the kid) it was only a $341 difference between an 11B and 7A on the Fantasy (room 7520 so I can live with the obstruction). It was a no brainer to upgrade, but I was kind of hoping the 11B would be much more of a bargain! Maybe they are not any longer with the virtual portholes.

:tinker: 4/8/2018 Wonder WBPC (a very popular cruise!) 14 nights!
2A/ 6A-stateroom (veranda) $6018 just cruise (no transfers, no insurance) Booked yesterday (We're Gold Castaway Club)

Bucket list cruise!! This opportunity was one I couldn't pass up! My DH will be on sabbatical and our kids are old enough to be left home (17, 21), otherwise this time of year would never work. (OK, kids aren't that happy :(- but they'll both be in school...)

You know when everything just falls into place!!:woohoo: So glad I was listening :listen: to the DIS Podcast on Tuesday to know about this release!

We tried to book a PC cruise back in 2008 (? I think) but our TA messed up and we lost our reservation. The ship booked full in one day!
In stead of waiting for something to open up at upper tier pricing we sailed on a Western Carib. itinerary.

Thank you Kelsie Johnson- Dreams Unlimited Travel for getting us this reservation! :flower1:

Well, I am pretty much booked up until summer 2018, so I'll be waiting for Fall/Winter date releases as I do want to try the new Wonder.

It will be full, but not because it's popular and everyone onboard paid full price. I don't know why San Juan and Galveston aren't popular. The prices are better. Everyone wants to pay the big bucks to sail out of PC.

I wanted to hop on the 11/10 Wonder next month using GTY but the airfare and times were horrid, especially considering the additional cost and time to get to the port from either IAH or Hobby. Looking at dates further out neither got much better, so I know we probably won't ever do a Galveston while PC has the newer ships and goes to the same ports. Especially now that Alaska Air has a nonstop to MCO and there is that little place called WDW right there to boot... ;)

The cynic in me thinks SJU is just far enough and exotic enough that a lot of people discount them. Speaking to people who aren't in the "know" think those stops are "dangerous" or unpleasant at best too.

Got the following quotes for 3 adults on the Wonder. We will most likely book with just two of us, but those prices for 2 are already listed on page one.

These are for 3 adults, secret verandah room, with NO OBB, insurance or transfers:

1/21/18 -- Cat 7A -- $4,019.11
1/28/18 -- Cat 7A -- 4,019.11
2/4/18 -- Cat 7A -- $2,216.97

I've never booked these itineraries or a January cruise -- so wondering if these prices within normal range, or do they seem high by normal standards (yes, I know it's Disney -- but trying to compare)? It seems to average out to about $450/night.

It is similar to what we priced for a Southern that sailed in January, so I do feel like it is normal for DCL. You could try pricing out other lines if you want to see what others are doing - Ofinn and others really like the Carnival Vista and it sounds like she is sailing some southerns in 2018..? We jumped ship in January and tried an older RCCL ship (Jewel of the Seas) and personally I do not recommend it if you are used to DCL (cheaper but service, cleanliness, food quality in the MDR and smoke around all left something to be desired). I have not sailed a newer ship with any other line though.

Last edited:
I wanted to hop on the 11/10 Wonder next month using GTY but the airfare and times were horrid, especially considering the additional cost and time to get to the port from either IAH or Hobby. Looking at dates further out neither got much better, so I know we probably won't ever do a Galveston while PC has the newer ships and goes to the same ports. Especially now that Alaska Air has a nonstop to MCO and there is that little place called WDW right there to boot... ;)

The cynic in me thinks SJU is just far enough and exotic enough that a lot of people discount them. Speaking to people who aren't in the "know" think those stops are "dangerous" or unpleasant at best too.

It is similar to what we priced for a Southern that sailed in January, so I do feel like it is normal for DCL. You could try pricing out other lines if you want to see what others are doing - Ofinn and others really like the Carnival Vista and it sounds like she is sailing some southerns in 2018..? We jumped ship in January and tried an older RCCL ship (Jewel of the Seas) and personally I do not recommend it if you are used to DCL (cheaper but service, cleanliness, food quality in the MDR and smoke around all left something to be desired). I have not sailed a newer ship with any other line though.

I did check out three other cruise lines, but if we want to include San Juan -- none of them offered ports we hadn't already been to.

It averages out to about $450/day -- which I still think is too high on our budget. But I guess if you think of a hotel room and food all day, it might not sound bad to some.

Last edited:
Ship: Dream, January 22
Cat #- 5e
2A1K (3), $2625 (944/944/499) 238taxes
Yes OBB
No Insurance/transfers/air
Total Cost- $2387 with OBB discount

Wonder Baja 4/29/18
Cat 9B 2A2C $3588 [1060][1060][504][504] no ins/trans/air/obb TOTAL $3588 with tax

I did check out three other cruise lines, but if we want to include San Juan -- none of them offered ports we hadn't already been to.

It averages out to about $450/day -- which I still think is too high on our budget. But I guess if you think of a hotel room and food all day, it might not sound bad to some.

Plus entertainment... if that helps. I'm also tempted to move to an oceanview or inside which is cheaper... my husband loves having a verandah though paying $2500 or $2700 instead would be nice too.

Last edited:
Plus entertainment... if that helps. I'm also tempted to move to an oceanview or inside which is cheaper... my husband loves having a verandah though paying $2500 or $2700 instead would be nice too.

While we've done a few oceanview, my husband's one request is (if possible) to have a verandah.

February 11th Wonder 7 night Western Caribbean
Category 5 Deluxe Oceanview room w/ Verandah
2 A 2 C (5,2)
Port transfers included, no insurance
10% OBB and $200 credit
$5,197.69 less $200 credit = $4997.69

Didn't think this was too bad given I paid $4810 in 2015 for 7 night on Fantasy with an inside room and only 1 child.

March 17, 2018 Fantasy 7 night Western Caribbean from Port Canaveral
Category 06B
Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah (Obstructed)
2 A 1 C (9)
No transfers, no insurance
10% OBB and $200 credit
$6,416.63

Breakdown:
Guest 1 Voyage Fare: $2,507.40
Guest 2 Voyage Fare: $2,507.40
Guest 3 Voyage Fare: $1,003.97
Vacation Protection Plan: NOT INCLUDED
Taxes, Fees, & Port Expenses: $397.86
Ground Transfers: DECLINED
Total Due: $6,416.63

I booked but I don't think I will actually be going. There are lots of ships in the Caribbean and at this price I could probably do a B2B with a "lesser" cruise line. Good for Disney shareholders that they can get away with such confiscatory pricing but it's a bit too rich for my blood.

I sailed on Jewel in 2005 when it was a year old, and I have since sailed on sisters Brilliance and Serenade. RCI's Radiance-class ships are my favorite on that cruise line, and I'll be on Radiance of the Seas for 28 days next May - on b2b2b Hawaii and Alaska cruises. Thankfully, I am not that spoiled by DCL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter